What's new

triggered switch (1 Viewer)

wade_g

Auditioning
Need info on setting up a triggered switch for a component that cannot receive a low-voltage trigger from my receiver. I.e., looking for a stand-alone triggered switch or similar. Can anyone point me to info or a more appropriate forum for the question? Thank you.

anth_c

Stunt Coordinator
I have used a Xantech AC1 since January...it works like a champ. Niles also has a model that has three outlets. I just plugged one of those three outlet adapters into the Xantech.

I bought mine from Worthington Distribution: http://worthdist.com/

It will run about 60 dollars, but it does the job. Some people have made their own with relays.

Regards,
Anthony

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Sears has a $19.99 sensing outlet in the tool department. It is designed to turn on a vacuum what a saw is turned on, but it works great for HT applications too. When it senses current being drawn on the main plug, it switches on power to two additional outlets. It is a glorified stand alone switched outlet, and has no LV triggering ability.

wade_g

Auditioning
Update.

I decided to build the switched outlet. Brief description in the HT Tweaking forum, but I apparently am not allowed to post a shortcut to the thread since I'm a newbie. Here's where to find it, though:

hometheaterforum.com/htforum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=207628

Thanks again for everyone's input.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks