What's new

ER Season 3 - Any word on date? (1 Viewer)

Michael Martin

Screenwriter
WB seems to be taking its sweet time releasing these....has anyone heard anything about Season 3 of ER coming to DVD?

What about how well (or poorly) the first two seasons have done?

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
^Well Season One had it's flaws in video, but otherwise I thought it was a pretty solid set. I agree that Warner is taking forever releasing these.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
I am waiting for season 3 aswell. with west wing season 3 announced today, i would think ER can't be far behind, Hopefully!

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Please. I love ER as much as the next guy, but I haven't made it through the first season yet, thanks to B5, Farscape and Stargate.

If Season 3 came out next year, that would be just fine with me. :)

Mark-C

Stunt Coordinator
Warner did say at the chat transcript that Season 3 will be out this year.
I reckon November.

Michael Martin

Screenwriter

That would be fantastic.

I wish they were not doing the double sided discs, though. For both season sets, I had to return the first set I bought and exchange them - the image would pixalte, there would be jumps to later chapters, and the image also just froze.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Isn't this one of those shows they decided to jump ahead and release the most recent season next, then jump back to where they left off? That's what they're doing with "Frasier" and a few other NBC shows.

Sanj K

Grip
Yeah, you can see the artwork and details at DVDTimes. HTF won't allow me to post the link until I've posted 15 times on the forum, so you'll have to find it yourselves.

Atso Suopanki

Auditioning
Yes, they're green on both regions, I'm sure he's just hoping for the S3 R1 set to look the same as the R2.

Previous seasons were released on R1 well before R2. Now season 3 is coming first on R2. Any possible reason for this?

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
The first 2 seasons were released with green covers, so switching to blue now would make no sense. And green is the signature color of the show, after all.

Chris

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter

That's not necessarily rue. Blue is the color of an X Ray, and that's another big feature of the show. Likewise, many other TV shows change color per season set - it would be pretty boring to just have one color I think.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
I hope they do change the color. woulda been better to change color from year to year though. But if it's a new color every 2 seasons yeah i'm for it, let's wait and see though i have a feeling we getting all green in R1.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I'm betting the color change is being done because it would probably start to get confusing for some people if they went with the same color everytime. Sure there is a season number on the spine and anyone with a half a brain could see that. But this is coming from the same marketing people who think that people cannot figure out "Widescreen on one side, pan and scan on the other" (sadly there apparently are many people with this problem)

I guess it could be a minor frustration if you are looking for a specific season on a store shelf and you cannot easilly pick it out because they are all colored the same.

Anyway, the color is not a big deal to me.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I actually think the green goes better with ER. For starters, there's the green logo and the greeb scrubs. Blue just doesn't feel right.

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
And the whole opening credits are green, too.

Ultimately, I don't care what the color is as long as they release it. Green just makes more sense to me. :)

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks