Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Energy C3 v/s Veritas 2.1/2.2

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 OFFLINE   Daman

Daman

Second Unit

• 402 posts

Posted August 10 2004 - 07:16 AM

Whats the big difference between these? They are both similarly priced and when i compared the specs there are just slight differences between the 2. I have a pair of C3's and am wondering how different are these veritas from connesieur series.

#2 of 8 OFFLINE   Danny Tse

Danny Tse

Producer

• 3,190 posts

Posted August 10 2004 - 09:01 AM

I believe the Veritas bookshelf models normally retails for $1,000/pair. In recent months, Audio Advisor cleared out the previous generation of Veritas bookshelf speakers at $500/pair, which was a awesome buy. While the specs may be similar between speakers, Energy or otherwise, never compare them by the specs. Numbers can never tell you the whole story, especially on something meant to be heard.

Three weeks ago, I purchased a pair of Energy Connesieur C-3. Normally these retails for $500/pair, but I was able to get these for $300/pair. Brand new in box from an authorized dealer. I A/B'ed them against Monitor Audio's Bronze B2, another excellent speaker, and the Energy C-3 was the one I chose. The MA was slightly warmer in the midrange but too rolled off at either extreme for my ears.
SACD not listed at sa-cd.net (updated 8/26/2009)

#3 of 8 OFFLINE   Jeff Aguilar

Jeff Aguilar

Stunt Coordinator

• 230 posts
  • LocationLacey, WA

Posted August 10 2004 - 03:15 PM

I have compared the two sets of speakers. I use to have the 2.1's and then the C-3's came out. I tried them right next to each other in the store. The C-3's are good speakers and the magnetic grill is pretty cool, but there was a big difference in sound quality. The Veritas line sounded MUCH cleaner. It seemed like someone put a veil over the speakers when the c3's were on. I had gone shopping with a friend who was wanting a new pair of speakers and I told him that I thought the c3's had the same tweeter as the veritas line. He bought the Veritas. The Veritas to him and me was just in another class of sound. But that is my opinion, so take it as such.

Jeff Aguilar

#4 of 8 OFFLINE   Daman

Daman

Second Unit

• 402 posts

Posted August 10 2004 - 05:34 PM

thanks for your inputs guys.. well my dealer did not stock veritas line so i was wondering whether i did a big mistake by not going in for them, but i guess its the midrange i would be sacrificing a little with the c3's because the veritas has the midrange driver seperately. this did my mind to rest and hopefully when the upgrade bug bites next ill go in with towers Posted Image thanks again
Daman

#5 of 8 OFFLINE   CurtisSC

CurtisSC

Screenwriter

• 1,412 posts

Posted August 10 2004 - 05:40 PM

I really liked the Veritas line of speakers. IMO, very well balanced, great mids and highs, just a bit pricey.
curtis
Manhattan Beach, California

#6 of 8 OFFLINE   BrianAe

BrianAe

Second Unit

• 441 posts

Posted August 11 2004 - 02:10 AM

I really like the Veritas line as well, both the old and the new Veritas i. The closeout deals that they had (<50%) on the original Veritas was a steal. I see them used on Audiogon for more then that now.

#7 of 8 OFFLINE   John Robert

John Robert

Stunt Coordinator

• 193 posts

Posted August 11 2004 - 04:19 PM

Quote:
I really liked the Veritas line of speakers. IMO, very well balanced, great mids and highs, just a bit pricey

I'm using a pair of 2.4i's that I got a great NIB deal thru A'gon in my main system. Once broken in, I have been very impressed with the beautiful, full-range image these speakers deliver. I don't understand why they don't get more press, both in the HT mags and online forums like this. I like them more each day, very nice for both HT and music. Now to find the matching center and surrounds Posted Image

Regards,

John

#8 of 8 OFFLINE   Jeff Aguilar

Jeff Aguilar

Stunt Coordinator

• 230 posts
  • LocationLacey, WA

Posted August 12 2004 - 03:38 AM

John,

I was able to get the 2.0Rears off ebay about one and a half years ago for $330!!! Awesome deal. I think I got the center channel for around $600. Not a great deal, but good enough for me. These are fantastic speakers. What a difference they made in my system! You will love them when you are able to get them in your system.

Jeff Aguilar