What's new

The Invaders (1 Viewer)

dhammer

Second Unit
Real Name
David
I find myself coming back to certain series. The Invaders is one of the shows and rates in my top 10 for dvd purchases. I love everything about this show. I also think, it is one of the most plausable Sci Fi shows. Naturally, there are certain flaws in the logic of this show. Why does our hero always walk into a heavily armed alien hornet's nest with no weapon and little to no backup? Also I never could understand how people who survived an alien assault and were convinced of their existence on Earth, seem to go back to their lives and wish David Vincent good luck. I think that is a little unrealistic. "Our world is being taken over by hostile aliens who want to wipe us out but I wonder who's going to win the game tonight"? " Aliens, that's Vincent's problem I have to live my life and plan my future. Good luck David, if your ever in town....".

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
dhammer said:
I find myself coming back to certain series. The Invaders is one of the shows and rates in my top 10 for dvd purchases. I love everything about this show. I also think, it is one of the most plausable Sci Fi shows. Naturally, there are certain flaws in the logic of this show. Why does our hero always walk into a heavily armed alien hornet's nest with no weapon and little to no backup? Also I never could understand how people who survived an alien assault and were convinced of their existence on Earth, seem to go back to their lives and wish David Vincent good luck. I think that is a little unrealistic. "Our world is being taken over by hostile aliens who want to wipe us out but I wonder who's going to win the game tonight"? " Aliens, that's Vincent's problem I have to live my life and plan my future. Good luck David, if your ever in town....".
Hi David,
Yeah, i have the invaders as well. I have watched several episodes including one with Jack Lord.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
A wonderful series indeed, another one of those shows deserving more seasons than it got. And it's always fun to spot actors who'd get to star themselves in bigger shows later like Dan Frazer on Kojak or Garry Walberg on Quincy M.E., incidentally both recently departed at age 90 (Walberg in March).

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by HenryDuBrow /t/187602/the-invaders/810#post_3923795
A wonderful series indeed, another one of those shows deserving more seasons than it got. And it's always fun to spot actors who'd get to star themselves in bigger shows later like Dan Frazer on Kojak or Garry Walberg on Quincy M.E., incidentally both recently departed at age 90 (Walberg in March).

Always used to enjoy Garry Walberg's scenes with Jack Klugman and the other regular castmembers on Quincy, M.E.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I watched The Watchers and Valley Of the Shadow last night. I really enjoyed both episodes, and don't recall having seen them during the show's initial run. While watching the opening of The Watchers (specifically the death of the first character), I was reminded somewhat of The Special One (TOL). And the control room reminded me a little bit of the apparatus we see in O.B.I.T. (TOL), except of course that The Invaders is in color.
I liked seeing the alien's control room in The Watchers, and I also thought that Shirley Knight (Margaret Cook) did a fine job playing a woman who is blind. Watching these episodes really makes me wish I still had the novels that I read as a child, as they were at times chilling to the bone, especially with regard to how the aliens were described and the extent of the detail of the regeneration tubes. Both resonated with me quite intensely as far as how they were conveyed in writing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks