What's new

Stand Recommendations (1 Viewer)

Spector

Stunt Coordinator
Hey, I've recently put together a home theater system and at the moment I really dont have any good spot for my rears (Fluance AV-BP2) and they are currently sitting on the back of my couch which certainly doesnt give them room to show off what they really can do.

I'm looking for some recommendations on some speaker stands (cheap hopefully). I'm not looking for anything special just something that isnt hideous.

I've never really looked at a speaker stand in person, do they all mount the same way? THese speakers seem to have some kind of bracket on the back (maybe for wall mount) but nothing on the bottom.

Any suggestions are appreciated, thanks.

StephenHa

Second Unit
with most stands the speaker just sits on it like it does a shelf, just about anything will work including a wall shelf

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Since you're asking for specific purchase recommendations for speaker stands, I've moved your thread here. The Basics area is for general discussion at the beginner level.

MikeHU

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, shelves work nicely, If you have a nearby wall behind you. Pottery Barn sells some nice shelves with different lengths and depths, and finishes for a variety of decoration. (ok, it made my wife happy). I have some Klipsch RS-35's sitting on shelves. They are fairly long speakers, and it works well. If you still want stands, consider the weight of your speakers, stability, and listening height. I'm going thru that now, as I just upgraded over the weekend to a new 7 channel reciever (Denon 2805), and will likely put my surrounds on speaker stands. I'm looking for something with a wood finish. BB carries a pair for about $99, but I haven't seen them in person.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks