Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Limit on BB Reward Zone certificates redeemed??

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 OFFLINE   MarkDude

MarkDude

Stunt Coordinator

• 180 posts

Posted August 06 2004 - 04:56 PM

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, but I'd expect the people in the bargains forum to be the most knowledgeable on customer loyalty programs. In any event, I went to BB to buy a new microwave yesterday and I had $80 in RZ certificates (from different occasions, but none of them had expired yet). The microwave was regularly priced $110. When I went to check out, the cashier told me I could only use $30 worth of certificates for any purchase. I was surprised, but I didn't argue. But now, looking back at their website and the terms and conditions and all that, I don't see anywhere where a limit is stated. I was saving up my certificates for this new appliance, but I ended up still having to pay $80 + tax for it. Plus, some of my certificates expire in a matter of days and I don't know how soon I'll be able to get back to BB, as it is quite a drive for me. Thanks for any help you can provide. --Mark--

#2 of 9 OFFLINE   Phil Tomaskovic

Phil Tomaskovic

Supporting Actor

• 743 posts

Posted August 06 2004 - 06:26 PM

Certificates may be used in conjunction with other discounts or offers toward the purchase of products not to exceed the purchase amount. I don't see any rule about $30 limit at a time.

#3 of 9 OFFLINE   Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph

Producer

• 4,042 posts

Posted August 06 2004 - 08:10 PM

I used $35 at once when I bought my hard drive a few months ago.
My Collection

#4 of 9 OFFLINE   Dillon*G

Dillon*G

Second Unit

• 336 posts

Posted August 07 2004 - 02:42 AM

I think the cashier screwed you over because one time this person in front of me used close to $200 in certificates and only had $1 left to pay.

#5 of 9 OFFLINE   nolesrule

nolesrule

Producer

• 3,084 posts
  • LocationClearwater, FL

Posted August 07 2004 - 06:01 AM

You definitely should have argued. I think the most I have used at once was $95 worth of RZ coupons. I had plenty from the purchase of my TV and then I went on a DVD shopping spree. One time, I had a coupon that I wanted to use on buying my GameCube. Usually, the coupons specificly exclude game systems, but this one explicitly included them. Even the register wasn't taking the automatic discount, and I was pissed. It took me 30 minutes arguing with a manager to get him to actually read the coupon, because they just assumed that all coupons exclude the game systems. So it's obvious the cashier threw you a line and you fell for it. They are probably told to try that on their customers because less use of RZ coupons makes for more money in BBs pockets.

#6 of 9 OFFLINE   Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight

Screenwriter

• 2,515 posts

Posted August 07 2004 - 08:16 AM

Go back and talk to a manager. I spent $70 towards an MP3 player.
Kyle McKnight

#7 of 9 OFFLINE   Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina

Executive Producer

• 10,000 posts

Posted August 07 2004 - 05:16 PM

Friend is a BB employee. There is no limit. They may try to talk you out of it, but there is technically no limit. As long as the coupons are still valid (not expired) and as long as the coupon total is equal or under the purchase price (you can't get cash back) you are technically allowed to use as many coupons as you want.

XBox Live: TheL1brarian (let's play Destiny on XB1)

#8 of 9 OFFLINE   Vincent-P

Vincent-P

Second Unit

• 334 posts

Posted August 10 2004 - 10:29 AM

I can also confirm this. I am a Best Buy employee and the only rule is that the pre-tax purchase total has to be equal or greater to the value of coupons being used. I once had a customer use over $500 worth of coupons at one time (it took me over 10 minutes just to scan them all and make sure they all went through the system).

#9 of 9 OFFLINE   Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina

Executive Producer

• 10,000 posts

Posted August 10 2004 - 10:44 AM

Excellent point, it has to be less than the pre-tax amount.

XBox Live: TheL1brarian (let's play Destiny on XB1)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users