Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

DVD Producers who use Macs?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Brad Cook

Brad Cook

Stunt Coordinator

• 148 posts

Posted August 04 2004 - 12:15 PM

Hey Everyone:

I'm working on an article for MacCentral (the online news arm of Macworld magazine) about DVD producers who use Macs. I'm in touch with Charlie de Lauzirika and Van Ling, but I'd like to talk to a few more producers too. Anyone happen to know of some names off-hand? Contact info would be great too, or at least names of DVDs they've worked, so that I can try contacting the studios. E-mail me if the info is sensitive.

bcook@maccentral.com

Thanks.

- Brad

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Michael Sliger

Michael Sliger

Second Unit

• 275 posts

Posted August 04 2004 - 12:45 PM

In Region 2, Dysfunction uses Macs for most, if not all, of their authoring work. That fact became widely known after a bug in the software they use botched the mastering for the Blake's 7 Series One set, forcing a repressing. You can find all the information you need at their website.

http://www.dysfunction-group.com/

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Morgan Holly

Morgan Holly

Agent

• 46 posts

Posted August 05 2004 - 01:48 AM

We use Macs for menu work and video/audio editing. We use NT, 2K, and XP for compression and authoring with one exception: we do have an OS 9 controlled hardware encoder.

If you want more info on our setup you can reach me at morgan@ascentmedia.com
www.bitpress.com

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Leo Kerr

Leo Kerr

Screenwriter

• 1,699 posts

Posted August 05 2004 - 01:52 AM

At work, I use a PC for DVD authoring and encoding. Depending on what you're doing, Adobe's Encore DVD really is quite nice.

Leo Kerr