Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Any suggestions for Cellphone hands free kit?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper

Lead Actor

• 6,504 posts

Posted August 04 2004 - 07:25 AM

I have the Motorola V400, which has the standard 2.5mm headset jack. The phone originally came with a earpiece/clip style unit that, frankly, sucked. I'd like to get a "boom" style kit- but don't think I want one of those smaller ones that have the microphone element that doesn't extend past your sideburn-- those seem like it would not pickup very well (although I've read some reviews of the body-glove model that says the mic sounds really good with no boom extension). Anyway- bottom line is I have NO IDEA what i want or what units are worth a damn-- so i thought I would ask the HTF community if they have any experiences with these and have ones they were really happy or really UNhappy with? -vince
Need an introduction to home theater? Check out our FAQ and Primer!!

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Kraig Lang

Kraig Lang

Stunt Coordinator

• 200 posts

Posted August 04 2004 - 09:39 AM

Hey Vince,

I ran into a similar situation a couple of months ago when I had all night meetings to attend. I ended up going with this one from Plantronics

It ended up being a pretty good headset for $20. The only problem I had with it is that I had to keep most of the room noise to a minimum due to my phone not being able to pump the volume up any higher. It's not what I would cal extrememly portable, but for a boom style it's good.
MOISTURE...*Silica Absorbs It*

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Erik_C

Erik_C

Stunt Coordinator

• 186 posts

Posted August 05 2004 - 01:05 AM

Get the Etymotic Ety*Com. By far the best headset there is.

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino

Lead Actor

• 8,308 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted August 05 2004 - 01:35 PM

I got the external speakerphone attachment for my new V400 and I love it. It plugs into the bottom of the phone and the cigarette lighter AC adapter plugs into it. So the thing charges and/or avoids running down the battery as it sits on the sticky pad I keep on my dashboard. When I get a call I either open the phone (if closed) or hit the "phone" button (if open) and I'm talking. If I need to call I touch the voice button on the side and say the name of someone from my address book. None of these operations requires that I take my eyes off the road, even for a moment. Very cool and very safe. Everyone I've spoken to has said that I come through loud and clear, while I have no problem hearing them. I've even called a couple of local radio talk shows without getting any complaints. (I won a free hotel stay and some passes to a local comedy club during a trivia contest on one of them. Posted Image)

Regards,

Joe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users