Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

MTV's The State on DVD

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 of 10 OFFLINE   Jean D

Jean D

Screenwriter

• 1,329 posts

Posted August 04 2004 - 05:45 AM

So finally here is some news from the official State website www.the-state.com Heres the update

STATE DVD *UPDATE* AUGUST 1, 2004
Finally, at long last, the members of The State are working in conjunction with MTV Home Video to make the ultimate, REAL, DVD collection of The State. We going back to the original master tapes and loading it with great extras too, including commentary, interviews, unaired material, etc. Save your money! Stop buying bootlegs! We don't know when exactly this new DVD will be released. *update 4/14/04: it looks like we've finally broken through 95% of the red tape on The State DVD. Deals are being closed as we speak and we hope to have a release date for you soon. **update 8/1/04 Apparently there have been some regime changes and more unexpected legal delays, but MTV tells us the project is still alive and they want to release the DVD in the next six months. As always as soon as they tell us something, we'll tell you.

Gear: Crestron AADS, Crestron 4L, RTI T2C, SVS PC 16-46, Xbox 360, Wii, Bass Shakers, TiVo HD, Toshiba A3 HD-DVD, 42" Panasonic TH-42PWD8UK, two Denon AVR-2106's, Speaker Craft Aim 7 Five's, Samsung HD-950 DVD player.

#2 of 10 OFFLINE   Steve_Knutzen

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter

• 1,317 posts

Posted August 04 2004 - 06:28 AM

When this DVD comes out "I wanna dip my BALLS in it!"

Good to see they're making progress with this.
"Oh I can hold my breath for a long, long time!"

http://www.dvdprofil....s=TromaFiend02

#3 of 10 OFFLINE   Eugene Esterly

Eugene Esterly

Supporting Actor

• 822 posts

Posted August 04 2004 - 10:57 AM

I made a post about this & I just noticed that Jean D posted about this. Well, it is great news that MTV is bring this show on DVD.

#4 of 10 OFFLINE   Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey

Screenwriter

• 2,447 posts

Posted August 05 2004 - 01:32 AM

I'll believe it when I hear a release date from MTV. How many updates have been posted to their website in the past few years?

Gord
Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#5 of 10 OFFLINE   Josh Forsythe

Josh Forsythe

Extra

• 15 posts

Posted July 20 2007 - 06:49 AM

Thanks to the TVShowsonDVD website, we can resurrect this thread! Looks like The State is actually going to be released this time, according to a trailer posted on David Wain's MySpace. Here's a link to the blog entry:

blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=35163686&blogID=289425020

If you watch the trailer, there's a picture of the box art... and seeing some of those sketches made me love the show all over again.

And reading the comments, one of the commenters mentioned just having finished the audio masters.

A guy can hope, right? After all the false starts, I'm still pretty guarded.

Josh

#6 of 10 OFFLINE   Bill GrandPre

Bill GrandPre

Screenwriter

• 2,068 posts

Posted July 20 2007 - 04:34 PM

I bet that trailer winds up on the soon-to-be-released "South Park" season 10 and "Upright Citizens Brigade" season 2 DVD's.
Don't you ever, EVER compare me to "Family Guy," you hear me Kyle? Compare me to "Family Guy" again and so help me, I will kill you where you stand!

Do you have any idea what it's like? Everywhere I go: "Hey Cartman you must like 'Family Guy,' right?" "Hey, your sense of humor reminds me of...

#7 of 10 OFFLINE   Josh Forsythe

Josh Forsythe

Extra

• 15 posts

Posted November 05 2007 - 08:38 AM

Just went to the State's site, and this message was up there, dated 11/1/07:

* * * NOTE (Nov 1, 2007): We are sorry to report The State DVD is now NOT being released this fall. We worked closely with MTV to make a great DVD set with lots of extras for the show, and the DVDs are completed, but they has chosen not to release the set at this time. We don't know why.

It's the worst knowing that the DVDs are out there and done, but that we can't get them. I hope it'll come out soon...

Josh

#8 of 10 OFFLINE   Bill GrandPre

Bill GrandPre

Screenwriter

• 2,068 posts

Posted November 05 2007 - 08:42 AM

That's odd.

I know an ad on another DVD is no guarantee that it will be released but that trailer was eventually officially released on the "Sarah Silverman Program" DVD.

I think it'll still come out. We all knew it wasn't coming out this fall a long time ago.
Don't you ever, EVER compare me to "Family Guy," you hear me Kyle? Compare me to "Family Guy" again and so help me, I will kill you where you stand!

Do you have any idea what it's like? Everywhere I go: "Hey Cartman you must like 'Family Guy,' right?" "Hey, your sense of humor reminds me of...

#9 of 10 OFFLINE   Josh Forsythe

Josh Forsythe

Extra

• 15 posts

Posted April 23 2009 - 01:43 AM

OK... now it's official, with a release date and everything:

The State at mtv.com

July 14, with a ton of extras. The website has the press release, as does tvshowsondvd.com.

Josh

#10 of 10 OFFLINE   Eric Peterson

Eric Peterson

Screenwriter

• 2,959 posts

Posted April 23 2009 - 04:09 AM

Awesome!