What's new

Leon: 10th Anniversary Edition coming "later this year" (1 Viewer)

Marius W

Agent
Real Name
Marius Willms
Is is possible that this is an R2 only release?

The source is London-based, and the European DVD editions of Leon are of the US theatrical cut.

-Marius

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
The Superbit was a joke. I didn't buy the U.S version and have the proper(corrected) international cut disc. Still a double dip. One of my favorite films.

I really want that sequel to happen.

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
Egad. Ive already bought this title 4 times. 5th times a charm I guess.

Ed St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
This transfer better be sterling!!!
No EE. No high frequency filtering.
Correct source (for those not in the know, the first DVD version is the one with 'best' soundtrack. NOT, the DTS on the SB) for the soundtrack.

And geez, if their going to try get into everyone's pocket again, HIGH DEF!!!

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
Another edition?! I wonder what extras there will be. Maybe hopefully they will have both cuts of the movie on the DVD.

I have a feeling this will probably be released on the same week as The Crimson Rivers 2: Angels of the Apocalypse (starring Jean Reno).

Ocean Phoenix

Supporting Actor

I just saw Leon for the first time last week and really liked it, but I hadn't heard much about it until a friend recommended it to me recently. Since when have there been talks of a sequel?

Jay Gunn

Stunt Coordinator
That's good news to my ears. I had the original disc of The Professional, sold it for Leon, sold it because of the audio mastering errors, passed on the Superbit for the same reason, and had been considering importing the new Japanese R2 DTS disc. I guess I'll wait for this new SE now...as long as they don't screw it up AGAIN.
I never thought it would be such a pain to get one of my favorite movies of all time on DVD.

Chris Roberts

Stunt Coordinator
No "official" talks of a sequel, just some occassional rumors pop up. Jet Li was going to work on another movie with Besson and people thought it might be Leon 2 for example.

But Natalie Portman is the right age now to do reprise her role as an adult Mathilda or something and I think that's what people want. She could even work for old Tony if Danny Aiello's still alive.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
I will buy this...again. It's one of a handful of titles that warrants another purchase.

As for a sequel, I've changed my stance on that. This first is nearly a perfect film and I don't want to see a sequel made. As powerful as Nat was in her role, Reno and Oldman were equally as powerful and without them, I can't see a sequel living up to near the excellence of this film.

Moe*A

Stunt Coordinator
It would have to be something pretty special to tempt me from my R3 Advanced Collectors Edition DTS copy I have, one of the few DVDs I have double dipped for but considering the original R2 UK copy was non anamorphic it was worth it. The R3 already has a great looking transfer and a reasonable DTS track.

Matt Czyz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matt Czyz

They did fix this, and the disc that's available in stores is the corrected version.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member

The article mentions that Portman recorded a commentary track. That's enough for me to warrant a purchase.

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
I bet they use the existing transfer and Dolby 5.1 track, and add special features. Probably a commentary and 30 minute making of feature. I hope they prove me wrong, and do more.

MarkHarrison

Supporting Actor
I don't plan on double dipping. I never have and it would take something pretty special to get me to buy something I already own. Plus I just got the current version yesterday!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks