What's new

MST3K Vol. 6 Due 9/21/04 (1 Viewer)

Ian_H

Supporting Actor
Over at Satellite News they annouced the newest collection. It will have Gunslinger, Teenagers From Outer Space, Attack of the Giant Leeches and the previously Best Brains only tape release of MR. B's Lost Shorts!

WE'VE GOT MOVIE SIGN!

--Ian

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor
This box is worth it for the Mr. B Natural short alone. That and the fact we get the first half of Hired (second half is with Manos), and three "great" movies.

Ian_H

Supporting Actor
Ah yes Mr. B Natural. At the last convention Best Brains had there was a guy dressed up as Mr. B Torgo for the costume contest. Imagine Torgo in horribly tight tights! I wish they would have another convention. That was the most fun I have ever had.

--Ian

David Illingworth II

Second Unit
This is awesome! Two MST3K releases within 3 weeks of each other ... unbelievable! I've really been waiting for Teenagers from Outer Space, which is the only one I think I've seen out of that set.

Amy Mormino

Supporting Actor
This is very good news indeed and reaffirms my faith in Rhino and the MST3K releases after the unfortunate pairing of Manos with Santa Claus Vs. the Martians. And Mr. B Natural is their all-time funniest short.

I've got a question for fans. I know The Gunslinger was on video before, but what about the other two movies? Were they ever on video or are these other first-time releases in addition to the Santa Claus movie?

Emil Stoica

Second Unit

The other two episodes are making their video debut. This is a very good sign. Good job Rhino!

and I agree with KevinM :D

Oh heck :D :D :D

Amy Mormino

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the info, Emil. The floodgates are starting to open and I'm excited by the future possibilities. Maybe my fave, The Magic Sword, will be next.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Only about a month and a half away! I'll say this about the MST3K releases: we may have to wait long for some of these episodes, but once Rhino announces them, you know they're already well into the production process. At least we don't have to wait 4 to 6 months from the time we hear about these releases until the time we have them in our players.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
OK, I just got the press release today and apparently ATTACK OF THE GIANT LEECHES has been replaced with ASSIGNMENT VENEZUELA. I haven't gotten the actual disc yet but the press release (that companies send to stores so they will order) lists the other title.

I did get the Mr. B's Lost Shorts disc however but have a question on these. Are these actual short films that get made fun of (like the features) or did MST make their own shorts and add the commentary to them?

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
No Leaches? That sucks(...:D ), it was the main reason I wanted the set....also, ASSIGNMENT VENEZUELA is an unused short lasting only about 30 to 35min. at the most...what else will they have on that disc I wonder?

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Sucky news. Was looking forward to two full-length episodes from the legendary 4th season -- not just one and a 35-minute short. Seriously-- you can't have the fourth disc be only 35 minutes long, can you?

Still: A release day purchase.

But boy are these actual full-length episodes getting hard to come by.

Also, I think Rhino should come down on the price. Anyone else in agreement? About $40 at a B&M on release day for something that runs probably only 5 hours?

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
Thanks for the info.

ATTACK might still be on the package but the press release didn't mention it. I should have the final project in about a week or so.

PaulNewberry

Auditioning

If I remember correctly, The Assignment: Venezuela Tape also contained the Sci-Fi era shorts: "Century 21 Calling," and "A Case of Spring Fever." Which would still make it well under an hour though (it's 46 min I believe) hardly a replacement for a full ep....

I'm really hoping that "Assignment: Venezuela" turns out just to be just an extra like the "Poopie" blooper reel was on the "Manos" DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation192
Recent bookmarks