• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 of 44 Ian_H

Ian_H

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted August 03 2004 - 09:20 AM

Over at Satellite News they annouced the newest collection. It will have Gunslinger, Teenagers From Outer Space, Attack of the Giant Leeches and the previously Best Brains only tape release of MR. B's Lost Shorts!

WE'VE GOT MOVIE SIGN!

--Ian

#2 of 44 Lynda-Marie

Lynda-Marie

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted August 03 2004 - 10:50 AM

WooHoo!Posted Image
The shape I'm in you could donate my body to science fiction! - Rodney Dangerfield, "Back to School"

#3 of 44 Kenneth Cummings

Kenneth Cummings

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 852 posts

Posted August 03 2004 - 11:12 AM

This box is worth it for the Mr. B Natural short alone. That and the fact we get the first half of Hired (second half is with Manos), and three "great" movies.
I need a new signature.

#4 of 44 Ian_H

Ian_H

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted August 03 2004 - 11:37 AM

Ah yes Mr. B Natural. At the last convention Best Brains had there was a guy dressed up as Mr. B Torgo for the costume contest. Imagine Torgo in horribly tight tights! I wish they would have another convention. That was the most fun I have ever had.

--Ian

#5 of 44 David Illingworth II

David Illingworth II

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted August 03 2004 - 11:39 AM

This is awesome! Two MST3K releases within 3 weeks of each other ... unbelievable! I've really been waiting for Teenagers from Outer Space, which is the only one I think I've seen out of that set.
Have you ever heard of Vietnam, Larry?

#6 of 44 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• PipPipPip
  • 6,842 posts
  • LocationValley Glen, CA

Posted August 03 2004 - 12:10 PM

This may be the best collection yet!

Mr. B and Teenagers from Outer Space! Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"And now the reprimand, from an American critic. He reproaches me for using film as a sacred & lasting medium, like a painting or a book. He does not believe that filmmaking is an inferior art, but he believes, and quite rightly, that a reel goes quickly, that the public are looking above all for relaxation, that film is fragile and that it is pretentious to express the power of one's soul by such ephemeral and delicate means, that Charlie Chaplin's or Buster Keaton's first films can only be seen on very rare and badly spoiled prints. I add that the cinema is making daily progress and that eventually films that we consider marvelous today will soon be forgotten because of new dimensions & colour. This is true. But for 4 weeks this film [The Blood of a Poet] has been shown to audiences that have been so attentive, so eager & so warm, that I wonder after all there is not an anonymous public who are looking for more than relaxation in the cinema." - Jean Cocteau, 1932

#7 of 44 Kevin M

Kevin M

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 5,172 posts

Posted August 03 2004 - 12:44 PM

Posted Image

...no, really Posted Image
-Kevin M.

There's a human tendency to resent anyone who disagrees with our pleasures.  The less mature interpret that as a personal attack on themselves.
- Roger Ebert

#8 of 44 Amy Mormino

Amy Mormino

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted August 03 2004 - 11:02 PM

This is very good news indeed and reaffirms my faith in Rhino and the MST3K releases after the unfortunate pairing of Manos with Santa Claus Vs. the Martians. And Mr. B Natural is their all-time funniest short.

I've got a question for fans. I know The Gunslinger was on video before, but what about the other two movies? Were they ever on video or are these other first-time releases in addition to the Santa Claus movie?

#9 of 44 Emil Stoica

Emil Stoica

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted August 04 2004 - 02:27 AM

Quote:
I've got a question for fans. I know The Gunslinger was on video before, but what about the other two movies? Were they ever on video or are these other first-time releases in addition to the Santa Claus movie?

The other two episodes are making their video debut. This is a very good sign. Good job Rhino!

and I agree with KevinM Posted Image

Oh heck Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#10 of 44 Amy Mormino

Amy Mormino

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted August 04 2004 - 03:19 AM

Thanks for the info, Emil. The floodgates are starting to open and I'm excited by the future possibilities. Maybe my fave, The Magic Sword, will be next.

#11 of 44 Dewitte

Dewitte

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted August 04 2004 - 11:27 AM

Kepp in mind that if you don't pick it up, you could be subject to TOR-CHA! Posted Image
Retroactive Continuity - Yet another source of nuttiness on the Web!

#12 of 44 Paul_Stachniak

Paul_Stachniak

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted August 04 2004 - 05:42 PM

Ugh... my wallet = dead.
DVD Collection | Video Game Collection | Live Gamertag: vicodinjunkie

#13 of 44 Dane Marvin

Dane Marvin

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,490 posts

Posted August 05 2004 - 01:13 AM

Only about a month and a half away! I'll say this about the MST3K releases: we may have to wait long for some of these episodes, but once Rhino announces them, you know they're already well into the production process. At least we don't have to wait 4 to 6 months from the time we hear about these releases until the time we have them in our players.

#14 of 44 Michael Elliott

Michael Elliott

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 7,069 posts
  • LocationKY

Posted September 15 2004 - 07:12 AM

OK, I just got the press release today and apparently ATTACK OF THE GIANT LEECHES has been replaced with ASSIGNMENT VENEZUELA. I haven't gotten the actual disc yet but the press release (that companies send to stores so they will order) lists the other title.

I did get the Mr. B's Lost Shorts disc however but have a question on these. Are these actual short films that get made fun of (like the features) or did MST make their own shorts and add the commentary to them?

#15 of 44 Kevin M

Kevin M

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 5,172 posts

Posted September 15 2004 - 08:46 AM

No Leaches? That sucks(...Posted Image ), it was the main reason I wanted the set....also, ASSIGNMENT VENEZUELA is an unused short lasting only about 30 to 35min. at the most...what else will they have on that disc I wonder?
-Kevin M.

There's a human tendency to resent anyone who disagrees with our pleasures.  The less mature interpret that as a personal attack on themselves.
- Roger Ebert

#16 of 44 Jason Borchers

Jason Borchers

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted September 15 2004 - 11:22 AM

#17 of 44 Dane Marvin

Dane Marvin

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,490 posts

Posted September 15 2004 - 01:24 PM

Sucky news. Was looking forward to two full-length episodes from the legendary 4th season -- not just one and a 35-minute short. Seriously-- you can't have the fourth disc be only 35 minutes long, can you?

Still: A release day purchase.

But boy are these actual full-length episodes getting hard to come by.

Also, I think Rhino should come down on the price. Anyone else in agreement? About $40 at a B&M on release day for something that runs probably only 5 hours?

#18 of 44 Michael Elliott

Michael Elliott

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 7,069 posts
  • LocationKY

Posted September 15 2004 - 02:48 PM

Thanks for the info.

ATTACK might still be on the package but the press release didn't mention it. I should have the final project in about a week or so.

#19 of 44 PaulNewberry

PaulNewberry

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted September 16 2004 - 06:16 AM

Seriously-- you can't have the fourth disc be only 35 minutes long, can you?

If I remember correctly, The Assignment: Venezuela Tape also contained the Sci-Fi era shorts: "Century 21 Calling," and "A Case of Spring Fever." Which would still make it well under an hour though (it's 46 min I believe) hardly a replacement for a full ep....

I'm really hoping that "Assignment: Venezuela" turns out just to be just an extra like the "Poopie" blooper reel was on the "Manos" DVD.

#20 of 44 Robert James Clark

Robert James Clark

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted September 16 2004 - 06:19 AM

Great news!

Now waiting for Hercules vs. the Moon Men.

Deeeeeeep hurting........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users