• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 Randy Tennison

Randy Tennison

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts

Posted August 02 2004 - 03:08 AM

Did anyone else see this? It sucked. I actually preferred the George Hamilton version from the 70's.

The only cool thing was the recreation of the initial part of the Caesars Fountain jump. That stuntman did a great job.
Randy T.
Orlando, FL
ºoº Home of The Mouse!!!

"Oh, come on, guys. It's so simple, maybe you need a refresher course. It's all ball bearings nowadays!"

#2 of 8 Jordan_E

Jordan_E

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,233 posts

Posted August 02 2004 - 03:18 AM

I watched it, hoping it would get better, and it didn't. It wasn't completely terrible, but I also recalled the George Hamilton movie all through this version. I think I enjoyed "Captain" Robbie's jump more than the movie about his dad.
And you believe, at heart, everyone's a killer...

#3 of 8 Bren_Chris

Bren_Chris

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted August 02 2004 - 04:42 AM

For cringes and unintentional yucks, it was almost but not quite as rich as the classic VIVA KNIEVEL.

#4 of 8 Randy Tennison

Randy Tennison

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts

Posted August 02 2004 - 07:28 AM

I just don't get into "Kaptain" Robby at all. I was a huge Evel Knievel fan as a kid. I had all the toys, posters, even an Evel Knievel bedspread.

His son really lacks the charm of his father.

Did you notice right before the jump, when Robbie took the microphone out of the reporters hand, and wouldn't give it back, despite the reporter reaching for it 3 different times. I thought that was hilarious.
Randy T.
Orlando, FL
ºoº Home of The Mouse!!!

"Oh, come on, guys. It's so simple, maybe you need a refresher course. It's all ball bearings nowadays!"

#5 of 8 JakeR

JakeR

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted August 02 2004 - 09:29 AM

Cycle jumps were a thrill in Evel's day, before videogames, the internet, Imax, extreme sports, CGI, etc, etc...

Robbie doesn't have his father's personality or his timing. I still have a good deal of respect for the both of them.

The TNT movie was terrible.

#6 of 8 todd stone

todd stone

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,768 posts

Posted August 02 2004 - 10:40 AM

terrible.
Lo, there do I see my mother, and my sisters, and my brothers, Lo, there do I see the line of my people, back to the beginning, Lo, they do call to me, they bid me take my place among them, In the halls of Valhalla,where the brave may live...

#7 of 8 Hank_P

Hank_P

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted August 03 2004 - 12:32 AM

Did anyone catch Robbies last remark, he's going to attempt jumping the Grand Canyon.. maybe this will be his big finish.

#8 of 8 Randy Tennison

Randy Tennison

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts

Posted August 04 2004 - 01:14 AM

He already jumped the Grand Canyon. He found a narrow portion of it a couple of years ago, and jumped it. He crashed on landing, but he made it.
Randy T.
Orlando, FL
ºoº Home of The Mouse!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users