Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Anybody Know Where To Buy Arcade Stick for Dreamcast

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 of 10 OFFLINE   Brett Hancock

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor

• 929 posts

Posted October 24 2001 - 08:42 PM

I know this is a weird question but I seriously am in desperate need of the Agetec Arcade Stick that came out for dreamcast. If anybody knows where I can get one or if you know of anybody that is willing to sell one please please please let me know. Thanks.

------------------
Sorry about the previous Sig.
"Hell hath no fury like a womens scorn for sega."-Brodie Bruce

South Park season-by-season Again on DVD.
Beavis and Butthead on DVD
Family Guy on DVD

#2 of 10 OFFLINE   James D S

James D S

Screenwriter

• 1,002 posts

Posted October 24 2001 - 11:28 PM

Brett,

You can always find them on eBay. Like this .

But I would highly recommend getting one made - or better yet, making it yourself. If you're interested, drop me a line and I can hook you up with some great sites that can show you how...

#3 of 10 OFFLINE   Drew Dockery

Drew Dockery

Stunt Coordinator

• 110 posts

Posted October 25 2001 - 05:54 AM

I don't have the Agetec stick, but I have another pretty sturdy arcade stick (I can't remember who made it right now) I need to sell. I was just thinking this morning that I should get rid of it because I never use it. I always use the standard controller - probably because I never play fighting games. Making one would of course be ideal, but it's probably more costly and there's a lot of time involved... someday I'll get around to doing one myself. Drew
I'm going off the rails on a crazy train!

#4 of 10 OFFLINE   James D S

James D S

Screenwriter

• 1,002 posts

Posted October 25 2001 - 12:09 PM

Drew, Cost is a concern. Especially if you want want to go all-out with a custom paint scheme. However, Happ brand arcade parts, MDFB, and a spare controller would cost you about $50 plus the time. Minimal. And in the end, you'll have a serious arcade calibur joystick ready to do some serious Street Fightin'.

#5 of 10 OFFLINE   Scott L

Scott L

Producer

• 4,466 posts

Posted October 25 2001 - 04:22 PM

http://www.massystem...m/ProStick.html

Simply the best you can buy. About $100 but can be configured to be used on any and all systems, even PC (for extra $$$). The stick is a little tight for 3d fighters but you can always buy a $12 Super Pro Stick at happcontrols.com and replace it. Mine's a little broken in after a year's worth of use but it's still a little tight.

Here's how you can make your own stick and save dough. Nice little DIY project.

James & everyone else- what games do you play? I used to be heavily invlolved in Tekken Tournaments and a few SFA tourneys.

#6 of 10 OFFLINE   Brett Hancock

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor

• 929 posts

Posted October 25 2001 - 06:41 PM

That site does not appear to give info on how to make a dreamcast joystick. Thanks though

------------------

Family Guy on DVD

#7 of 10 OFFLINE   James D S

James D S

Screenwriter

• 1,002 posts

Posted October 25 2001 - 09:34 PM

Scott, Mostly 2D fighters - Capcom, SNK, SF2 - you name it. I find 3D fighters a bit difficult on a standard 8-way, so until I can find a suitable arcade style controller, I don't get serious. GamePads outright suck for fighters. I remember saving my lunch money to buy the C&L Champoinship arcade stick so I could play SF2+ on the SNES with an arcade stick. Cost me about $150. $150 well spent and I'll never go back. It's still pluggin' along after years of abuse - and I mean abuse! BTW That MAS stick is VERY nice. And I just got an email from them telling me they sell the joystick shell for $45 plus shipping. Time for a new project, methinks.

#8 of 10 OFFLINE   Brett Hancock

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor

• 929 posts

Posted October 26 2001 - 06:08 AM

Drew what joystick do u have?

------------------

Family Guy on DVD

#9 of 10 OFFLINE   Drew Dockery

Drew Dockery

Stunt Coordinator

• 110 posts

Posted October 26 2001 - 12:01 PM

Brett, you can check out the stick I have here: http://topmaxgames.c...adreamcast.ivnu

The one I have is purple, which isn't nearly as bad as it sounds!

------------------

Drew

#10 of 10 OFFLINE   Brett Hancock

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor

• 929 posts

Posted October 26 2001 - 03:20 PM

Looks good. What kind of shape is it in and how much do u wnat for it. Let me know at email:heavyfoshort@hotmail.com aim:heavyfoshort

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users