Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

"Small" RPTV in an entertainment center?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Joe*C

Joe*C

Extra

• 17 posts

Posted August 01 2004 - 12:17 PM

A friend of mine is interested in the Toshiba 46H83, which is on sale for about $1000. She told me that she plans to put it in an entertainment center. I know this is a tabletop model, but are there any kind of issues with sticking it in an entertainment center? Do RPTV's need an open back to breath? Any thoughts/comments are appreciated. Thanks!

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Mike_J_Potter

Mike_J_Potter

Second Unit

• 262 posts

Posted August 01 2004 - 03:43 PM

I have no problems with my Toshiba floorstanding model in a entertainment center. Nor has my parents with a 48 inch mitsu in a fully enclosed custom entertainment center. I would probably have some space between the back and the wall or rear of the entertainment center, so the TV can get some air and for easy access to the connections in the backm, and to prevent damaging the tv by having the connectors on the inputs jammed against the wall.
Mike Potter

Last 3 films watched
Natural Born Killers (DVD)
Duece Bigalow 2 (theater)Forrest Gump (1080I)

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   John S

John S

Producer

• 5,460 posts

Posted August 02 2004 - 03:29 AM

I would also say it is a non-issue. I have seen many many RPTV's incorporated into entertainment centers. Most people I know seem to actually do it this way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users