Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Justice League Unlimited

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
92 replies to this topic

#81 of 93 OFFLINE   Chuck Mayer

Chuck Mayer

Lead Actor

• 7,998 posts
  • LocationNorthern Virginia

Posted July 27 2005 - 12:28 AM

Quote:
The Bad news is that apparently the head of Cartoon network animation who is now in charge of the upcomming Legion of superheroes show feels that Bruce Timms vision is "tired and Dated" and that they will reboot all future DCU properties that become animated. Judging by the recent anouncement of the new Batgirl animated show by the creators of The Batman show, this looks to be true and WB's new direction.....not happy.

The same genius who decided not to re-up Samurai Jack...right before it won an Emmy (and is up again this year)?

Yes, Timm is tired and dated. Cool kids want superhero Bugs Bunny (sorry, Bugz Bunny) and The Batman (ed. - maybe it's a good cartoon, I don't know - I also don't care).

In other news, I am a bit worried that the reason Bats got a nice sendoff with Epilogue is because they don't want to compete with The Batman for the character...so he won't really be in the JLU.

So great TV news this offseason for me. Scrubs is getting railroaded by NBC (probably has a season left - got to get to 100 episodes for syndication dollars), and JLU is going to get "revamped" and "updated". At least I get a season more of each, in their full glory.

JLU was consistently funnier, smarter, and more serious than most network shows. It was a love letter to comic and DCAU fans, while being a high-quality dramatic show with the best action on television.

Oh well.

F'em,
Chuck
Hey buddy...did you just see a real bright light?

#82 of 93 OFFLINE   TheLongshot

TheLongshot

Producer

• 4,119 posts

Posted July 27 2005 - 02:39 AM

Tired and dated? I think not. The classics are never tired and dated.

Quote:
and The Batman (ed. - maybe it's a good cartoon, I don't know - I also don't care).

I have seen it, and it pales in comparison to Timm and Dini's series. Looks like it was done by the same guys who did Jackie Chan Adventures. Don't like the character design at all, and the couple of episodes I saw seemed to be lackluster.

If that's CN's idea of updating things, you can count me out.

Jason

#83 of 93 OFFLINE   James_Kiang

James_Kiang

Screenwriter

• 1,171 posts

Posted July 27 2005 - 03:59 AM

I don't mean to derail the topic, but is there any information or artwork for Legion of Super Heroes? As much as I enjoy Teen Titans, I could see them going in that direction while I would prefer something more along the lines of the past season of JLU.

#84 of 93 OFFLINE   jaime f.mendoza

jaime f.mendoza

Extra

• 17 posts

Posted July 27 2005 - 04:11 AM

"I have seen it, and it pales in comparison to Timm and Dini's series. Looks like it was done by the same guys who did Jackie Chan Adventures. Don't like the character design at all, and the couple of episodes I saw seemed to be lackluster."

You are right, it is done by the same creative team of the jackie chan adventures as well as the upcomming Batgirls series.

"I don't mean to derail the topic, but is there any information or artwork for Legion of Super Heroes? As much as I enjoy Teen Titans, I could see them going in that direction while I would prefer something more along the lines of the past season of JLU."

From the sounds of the article and the info, it will lend more of it's style to the "Nu" Style of teen titans/The batman. For for tastes, i think the Teen Titans show is a waste. there could be a good show lurking in there if it wasnt so Goddamn juvenile and just plain stupid, too manga-esque for my liking. Used be a huge Manga and Japanese animation fan before i soured on the whole of it(except for the occasional Miazaki and real quality works) Just way too much pretty ,overhyped, half baked crap.( Rant off!)

If you guys havn't read the article, please do as to the reasons why this is happening.
I just want to be entertained!

Jaime Mendoza's Blog!http://tracethis.blogspot.com/

#85 of 93 OFFLINE   TheLongshot

TheLongshot

Producer

• 4,119 posts

Posted July 27 2005 - 06:59 AM

Quote:
For for tastes, i think the Teen Titans show is a waste. there could be a good show lurking in there if it wasnt so Goddamn juvenile and just plain stupid, too manga-esque for my liking.

It does alright for Teen Titans, since we are talking about a bunch of teens anyways, so a level of juvenility is sort of expected.

What I don't like about it is that at times, it is too Saturday Morning Cartoonish. More than half the time, it is all set up to have some "moral" that seems way too obvious and heavy-handed.

I also don't like that after a couple of seasons, that Slade is still an enigma and that we have no clue what his deal is.

Jason

#86 of 93 OFFLINE   Sam Favate

Sam Favate

Producer

• 4,975 posts

Posted July 29 2005 - 04:28 AM

What is the episode for this weekend? I know it is a repeat, but which one?

#87 of 93 OFFLINE   Ray H

Ray H

Producer

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted July 29 2005 - 06:45 AM

Damn it. Why is it that I have no luck catching this show? Granted, I haven't tried hard, but whenever I think it's gonna be on, I tune in to Cartoon Network and it never is on.
"Here's looking at you, kid."

#88 of 93 OFFLINE   Chuck Mayer

Chuck Mayer

Lead Actor

• 7,998 posts

Posted July 29 2005 - 08:27 AM

Ray,
It's worth trying hard.

It's worth trying really hard.

Take care,
Chuck

#89 of 93 OFFLINE   Sam Favate

Sam Favate

Producer

• 4,975 posts

Posted August 03 2005 - 08:26 AM

Cartoon Network's schedule of JLU:

"Secret Origins, Pts. 1-3" on Saturday, Aug. 6 at 2 a.m.; "Clash" on Saturday, Aug. 6 at 9 p.m.; "Dark Heart" on Sunday, Aug. 7 at 10:30 p.m.

"In Blackest Night, Pts. 1-2" on Saturday, Aug. 13 at 2 a.m.; "Question Authority" on Saturday, Aug. 13 at 9 p.m.; "Wake the Dead" on Sunday, Aug. 14 at 10:30 p.m.

"The Enemy Below, Pts. 1-2" on Saturday, Aug. 20 at 2 a.m.; "Hunter's Moon" on Saturday, Aug. 20 at 9 p.m.; "The Once and Future Thing, Part One: Weird Western Tales" on Sunday, Aug. 21 at 10:30 p.m.

"Injustice for All, Pts. 1-2" on Saturday, Aug. 27 at 2 a.m.; "Flashpoint" on Saturday, Aug. 27 at 9 p.m.; "The Once and Future Thing, Part Two: Time Warped."

"Paradise Lost, Pts. 1-2" on Saturday, Sept. 3 at 2 a.m.; "Panic in the Sky" on Saturday, Sept. 3 at 9 p.m.; "The Cat and the Canary" on Sunday, Sept. 4 at 10:30 p.m.

#90 of 93 OFFLINE   Chuck Mayer

Chuck Mayer

Lead Actor

• 7,998 posts

Posted August 03 2005 - 01:18 PM

Setting the TiVO ASAP. I have most of those. Whatever I don't is getting the treatment.

Thanks, Sam.

Take care,
Chuck

#91 of 93 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Executive Producer

• 16,273 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted August 03 2005 - 01:49 PM

i like to watch the saturay version because it airs letterboxed.
facebook.com/whotony

#92 of 93 OFFLINE   Chris S

Chris S

Screenwriter

• 2,527 posts

Posted August 03 2005 - 02:46 PM

Quote:
Ray,
It's worth trying hard.

It's worth trying really hard.

Heck its worth going to the store right now and buying a TIVO just so you know you won't miss it!

Chris S.
DVD & Blu-ray - It's all about the movies!

#93 of 93 OFFLINE   Ray H

Ray H

Producer

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted August 03 2005 - 04:49 PM

I don't understand. I look at the channel guide my cable provides. When it says Justice League, I tune in and it's some anime show! I think I only caught one episode of the show's new thing (with all the new characters, etc).

Anyway, thanks for posting those Sam! I was hoping to catch some episodes in particular that feature a favorite actress of mine. I'm glad to see it's replaying soon. Posted Image
"Here's looking at you, kid."

Back to TV Programming

Forum Nav Content I Follow