-

Photo
- - - - -

Justice League Unlimited

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
92 replies to this topic

#41 of 93 OFFLINE   Mike Miskulin

Mike Miskulin

Second Unit

• 386 posts

Posted June 12 2005 - 05:04 AM

So has "Task Force X" aired in the US yet? I don't know the CN schedule, but the season will be done in the next two weeks in Canada. I believe CN will air the remainder every week from now until done (6 weeks of eps to go, 7 if "Task Force X" hasn't aired yet).

Hopefully, and I mean hopefully, whenever Warner gets around to releasing JL and JLU season sets they will put 'em out in their originally animated 1.78:1 format. I'm still confused as to their previous releases (Mystery of the Batwoman - animated wide, released cropped; Return of the Joker - full frame (I believe - correct me if I'm wrong), but the second release was wide, but not anamorphic. Bizarre.).

And, btw, tvtome.com lists Justice league as "Returning Series (Season 5 Confirmed)". If true, that's excellent news!

mike.

Do it Right or Don't Do it at All.®

#42 of 93 OFFLINE   Moe Maishlish

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor

• 992 posts

Posted June 17 2005 - 05:32 AM

I just got around to catching up on the JLU episodes this week. WOW!!!

The writing, attention to detail, and continuity in this show is absolutely amazing. On top of that, there's always a great deal of attention paid to characterization - each individual member of the DCU is properly handled here by writers who actually appear to respect their origins!

Panic in the Sky was just marvelous, and wow - what a cliffhanger. I'm looking forward to seeing the remaining 2 episodes this season, and I'm hoping we get to see another season of JLU next year, with even more character exposition from hero's that haven't been given any screen time (like Firestorm!).

Moe.
- Confidence implies the knowledge of one's limitations, while arrogance implies that one does not have any.

- There's no such thing as "normal". The secret is to find someone that's screwed up in a way that seems "normal" to you.

#43 of 93 OFFLINE   Rob T

Rob T

Screenwriter

• 1,991 posts

Posted June 17 2005 - 06:39 PM

Quote:
How soon til Warner puts these out in season sets?
Not till after Batman: Gotham Knights, Superman: TAS and Batman: Beyond, I would think.

#44 of 93 OFFLINE   jaime f.mendoza

jaime f.mendoza

Extra

• 17 posts

Posted June 26 2005 - 01:20 AM

" Question Authority" Has hit, pretty good episode. The question is easily becomming a favorite of mine, just love his paranoid ramblings.

A question? When was the episode with the Justice lords shown? And is this the same JL group that was in a episode of Batman Beyond?

In a way i'm wishing they would get to the Cadmus v.s JL already but at the same time i dont want the season to end.Posted Image

So I guess Capatin Atom is going to be part of the Cadmus team? Didn't expect that,Nice way to divide and conqueor.

I wish more and more that they would release the season sets of JL already.
I just want to be entertained!

Jaime Mendoza's Blog!http://tracethis.blogspot.com/

#45 of 93 OFFLINE   LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport

Screenwriter

• 2,980 posts

Posted June 27 2005 - 05:46 AM

Even though the final episode of this season has some "finality" to it, JLU is supposed to come back next season, at least. I like this format where they tell one basic story through out the season, while telling little stories in each episode, ala Buffy.

It would be cool if next season was like the New Frontier series, where we get a lot of origin stories, or something along the lines of Infinite Crisis (though this season may be to similiar to that story).

#46 of 93 OFFLINE   Robert Floto

Robert Floto

Supporting Actor

• 739 posts

Posted June 27 2005 - 10:22 AM

Quote:
A question? When was the episode with the Justice lords shown? And is this the same JL group that was in a episode of Batman Beyond?

When the series was simply called, Justice League, they had the episode with the Justice Lords. It was just the original "six" members:

J'onn J'onz, Superman, Hawkgirl, Batman, Wonderwoman and Green Lantern...seeing that the seventh original member, The Flash, was dead before the beginning of the episode.

This episode also explained why Lex Luthor was given a full pardon, and showed the first appearance of Doomsday. At the time it was all explained as an alternate universe, but this past episode suggest otherwise.

I believe it was the season just before the title change.
Movies I would purchase instantly if they were available in their correct aspect ratio:
Death Trap, Innocent Blood, The Shadow, and Remo Williams

#47 of 93 OFFLINE   LorenzoL

LorenzoL

Second Unit

• 313 posts

Posted June 28 2005 - 03:35 AM

Quote:
I like this format where they tell one basic story through out the season, while telling little stories in each episode, ala Buffy.

I agree completely. It made the show that much better IMO.

I loved this season episodes although "Epilogue" felt out of place in the Justice League Unlimited series but loved the sense of closure it provided to another WB cartoon show.

#48 of 93 OFFLINE   Sam Favate

Sam Favate

Producer

• 4,861 posts

Posted June 28 2005 - 07:31 AM

Was "Question Authority" the season finale? It ended on a cliffhanger.

#49 of 93 OFFLINE   James_Kiang

James_Kiang

Screenwriter

• 1,171 posts

Posted June 28 2005 - 07:51 AM

Quote:
Was "Question Authority" the season finale? It ended on a cliffhanger.

No, there are 3 more episodes I believe. The rest of the season has already aired in Canada so there are ways to see it already, though I will just have to watch the regularly scheduled broadcast. Excellent season, and another vote for season sets! Posted Image

#50 of 93 OFFLINE   Sam Favate

Sam Favate

Producer

• 4,861 posts

Posted July 04 2005 - 08:36 AM

This weekend's episode (Flashpoint) was outstanding. You'd never know you were watching a cartoon aimed at kids on the Cartoon Network. It played out like the best of the paranoid, action-oriented X-Files. Hope there are several more this season. DVD season sets can't come soon enough.

#51 of 93 OFFLINE   todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,904 posts

Posted July 04 2005 - 02:36 PM

Damn! I keep forgeting when this is on. I think I have missed this entire season. This show so needs to be released on dvd. Posted Image
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#52 of 93 OFFLINE   Sam Favate

Sam Favate

Producer

• 4,861 posts

Posted July 04 2005 - 11:17 PM

Quote:
Damn! I keep forgeting when this is on.

Saturdays, 9:00 p.m.
Sundays 10:30 p.m.
Cartoon Network

#53 of 93 OFFLINE   Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate

Screenwriter

• 2,934 posts

Posted July 05 2005 - 02:02 AM

Man, I've been glued to the set every Saturday, even arranging the family outting to be there when it airs. Plashpoint by far is certainly one of the better episodes. I can't wait to see this Saturday and a box set for me with all these episodes will do it for me.
Listen Up People.., Rack Em and Pack Em.., We're Phantoms in 15.

#54 of 93 OFFLINE   Chuck Mayer

Chuck Mayer

Lead Actor

• 7,987 posts
  • LocationNorthern Virginia

Posted July 05 2005 - 04:15 AM

I bought a TiVo essentially for this and Scrubs. Like Jerome, I plan on watching every Saturday night. It's simply too good to not keep tabs on, and a DVD set of this season (and previous ones) would be MIGHTY nice.

Flashpoint was excellent, and set up the last episodes spectacularly.

Makes me happy to be a superhero fan,
Chuck
Hey buddy...did you just see a real bright light?

#55 of 93 OFFLINE   jaime f.mendoza

jaime f.mendoza

Extra

• 17 posts

Posted July 05 2005 - 11:53 AM

Quote:
makes me happy to be a superhero fan.

I hear you chuck. With this Series and all the mostly quality super hero flicks the last few years this is defintley a time that probably wont be matched ever again in the sheer volume of properties out there.

With my career going full bore too, I'm up to my eye balls in super heroics and super heroes, but i won't complain i love my job.

It was a good set up episode but the 30 minutes really kills me. I really liked it better when they ran the 1 hour episodes like before.

Exactly how many episodes are left in the Cadmus storyline, not counting the epilouge?
I just want to be entertained!

Jaime Mendoza's Blog!http://tracethis.blogspot.com/

#56 of 93 OFFLINE   John_Shilpetski

John_Shilpetski

Extra

• 15 posts

Posted July 05 2005 - 04:29 PM

After Flashpoint, there are 2, "Panic in the Sky" and "Divided We Fall."

#57 of 93 OFFLINE   Moe Maishlish

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor

• 992 posts

Posted July 06 2005 - 07:34 AM

Having seen all the episodes for this season, I'll say this...

{Keanu}

WHOA!

{/Keanu}

I look forward to the conversations after you've all finished watching this season. Posted Image

Moe.
- Confidence implies the knowledge of one's limitations, while arrogance implies that one does not have any.

- There's no such thing as "normal". The secret is to find someone that's screwed up in a way that seems "normal" to you.

#58 of 93 OFFLINE   Sam Favate

Sam Favate

Producer

• 4,861 posts

Posted July 06 2005 - 10:39 AM

Quote:
After Flashpoint, there are 2, "Panic in the Sky" and "Divided We Fall."

And there is an episode called "Epilogue" listed for July 23.
"Panic" is on July 9, and "Divided" July 16.

http://www.comicscon....7/06/index.htm

#59 of 93 OFFLINE   Moe Maishlish

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor

• 992 posts

Posted July 06 2005 - 01:01 PM

Just a suggestion (and I'm going to put this in a spoiler tag, because it's giving away a bit of the spin from Epilogue), in case anyone here hasn't watched
Batman Beyond
, do so before watching the final episode. It heightens the enjoyment of the season's final episode, and ends the season with a real sense of purpose & closure.

Moe.

#60 of 93 OFFLINE   Jonathan_Clarke

Jonathan_Clarke

Second Unit

• 485 posts

Posted July 09 2005 - 04:10 PM

Well "Panic in the Sky" aired tonight and without getting into details, IMO it was the best episode Bruce Timm has ever produced.

I wish I hadn't missed so many before this.
www.notinmybook.comWhere I can complain and complain and complain.

Back to TV Programming

Forum Nav Content I Follow