What's new

The Legend of Billie Jean (1985) - Helen Slater, Christian Slater (1 Viewer)

John*P

Second Unit
Who else here wants to see The Legend of Billie Jean on DVD? The movie, starring Helen and Christian Slater, seems to have a bit of a cult following, and I've seen used VHS copies sell on eBay for around $30! (there are also bootleg DVDs of TLOBJ on eBay) I like this movie, and would buy it for sure. I hope that Columbia TriStar releases it on DVD soon.

Here is a plot summary from the IMDB...

Average Texas teen, Billie Jean Davy, (Helen) is caught up in an odd fight for justice. She is usually followed and harassed around by local boys, who, one day, decide to trash her brother's (Christian) scooter for fun. The boys' father refuses to pay them back the price of the scooter. The fight for "fair is fair" takes the teens around the state and produces an unlikely hero.

Check out the Legend of Billie Jean page at IMDB: http://imdb.com/title/tt0089470/

Daniel`D

Stunt Coordinator
I looked this up the other day to see if a dvd release was out and there wasn't one. I wouldn't mind having it.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
Helen Slater (in her babelicious 80s prime), a killer retro soundtrack with a rocking Pat Benatar theme, Dean Stockwell, Peter Coyote, Keith Gordon and some damn good action scenes...

I'd buy it (as long as it was in its' OAR, since the movie was filmed in 'Scope).

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

Then again, this IS a TriStar title we're talking about.

Ric Bagoly

Senior HTF Member
A must-buy within two seconds of the UPS truck pulling up to the store...

"We can't afford to be innocent,
Stand up and face the enemy,
It's a do or die situation,
We will be invincible!"

:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Watched it about as many times as Beastmaster when we first got cable in the mid 80's. I'd buy this DVD in a heartbeat!

-dave

Todd_B

Second Unit
Count me in as one that would gladly snatch up a copy of this flick!

I've watched it countless times on TBS, but would gladly pay for a nice DVD edition!

Todd B

Brian_L_Kleis

Stunt Coordinator
This seemed to be the only thing ever on HBO back in the mid 80's when that was the big novelty - My grandfather was the only one to have HBO in a town of about 1500 people and TLOBJ was on a seemingly endless loop...

I'd buy it in a heartbeat too...!!!

Fair is fair

Esten

Supporting Actor
I'd definitely pick it up.

Are we sure this is a Columbia title? The rights may have changed hands over the years.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
Glad to see some other people showing the love for Billie Jean! Anyone else remember Kuffs, or my personal favorites Gleaming the Cube and Pump up the Volume? I'd buy a box set of these 4 in a second!!

ry.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
I am not trying to go off topic, but I remember when Gleaming the Cube was supposed to come out a few years back. Me, in all my geekiness, constantly asked the guy at Circuit City about if they will ever get it. My excuse was that it was the date it streets... but alas, they never got it and I wasted a lot of gas. You can get it for upwards of $40, but that is too much.

DVDCompare lists two different releases of Gleaming the Cube but none of Legend of Billie Jean :frowning:

ry.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks