What's new

Creative Nomad Zen Extra 30g should I? (1 Viewer)

ChrisHeflen

Supporting Actor
On sale at Fry's for 199.99. I have been wanting a player bad, but is this a good one? I am pretty ignorant about them. Can I use it with most of the music sites? My pc has Windows Xp. Is that compatible?

Help!

Mark Leiter

Second Unit
I just traded in my 3 week old Zen 40G for a equivalent iPOD.

The Zen is a pretty good MP3 player. It works great on XP and you can use files from just about any source with it. I didn't care for the software bundled with it. If you have your own already like Music Match use that instead.

I ended up swapping mine out because I just didn't like the way the Zen managed music files. I want to be able to sort files like...

genre---> artist---> album---> track--->

on the Zen if you use genre you can only sort like this...

genre---> album or track

It may not seem like much but when you have over 4,000 tracks on the dang thing you need all sorting options you can get.

I also found that the iPOD just seems to be made better. It has a more solid feel to it. And the interface is a lot more elegant. For me the I tried the Zen for about a month but in the end I felt the extra hundred dollars or so was worth it.

Good Luck

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks