What's new

Directors Moon's Screenshot Contest (1 Viewer)

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
I was inspired by George Kaplan,Cameron Y and Mark Bk and their screenshot contests and decided to give one a try. As this is my first attempt at it, some pointers or advice along the way will help me.

I had another thread getting ideas on what to do and will try implementing them, so far here are the rules. I am stealing a lot of this from George's contest tbough. If it is a problem George, please PM me and I will try to be more original in my rules:)

I will try to get a new shot per day. No alterations will be done to the shots except for removal of letterbox bars where needed and resolution will be turned down some to accomodate bandwith. Other than that, no alterations are done to these shots.

Like George, correct answers are worth 3 points. After a clue is given, answers are worth 2 points. After a second clue, answers are worth one point. The final answer I recieve is the one that is put in to the contest. Please include the answer in the Title of the message.

I will hold 30 rounds on this. I will update points and standings as the contest goes on, unless everyone gets tired of these things.

My collection is pretty commonplace stuff, with some random odds and ends in there, along with some foreign films. Occasionally I will throw a challenge screenshot in there worth lots of points. The shot will either be from a foreign film that is not widely known, or will be a shot so random with the sole purpose of being difficult. I will post forwarning about those shots:)

Thanks for whomever participates, and if most of you think this little experiment is unneccesary, please PM me. Thank you.

Sean Moon

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
All the ones I did after that I am compressing to minimal JPEG with photoshop, I will try save for web next time. Thank you.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Poll on this contest:

For clues do you want ones like the one I used for round one, or more riddles? I thought about making the first clue like the one used already, and clue 2 being a line of dialogue from the film.

Opinions? Ideas?

Thank You

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Sean, Cameron's latest screenshot was too dark, and your new one is just as bad, in fact I can't make out anything at all. Can't be my computer because Kaplan's shots are okay.

As for clues, year of release would be great, as is a line of dialogue.:)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Both look OK to me.

Still doesn't help me with the screenshot though. I've seen similar shots in about a dozen different movies. Definitely need a clue.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Round 2 is supposed to be dark. It looks fine on my set, but the shot it was taken from is VERY dark. Clues are coming very shortly:)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee

Steve, your sig pic looks washed out (though still identifiable) on my monitor...FWIW

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Whoops. Forgot to check this for round 2. Oh well. I would've guessed a Harry Potter film anyway. :)

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Will be ending round one at around 6 tonight. Clues for Rounds 2 and 3 and the start of round 4 about midnight.

Just a heads up folks:)

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Round 1 answer- GLADIATOR (2000)

Other Guesses:
Return of the King
Fellowship of the Ring
Ben Hur
Mortal Kombat

Correct answers:
Andrew Sch(3)
Nick Sievers(3)
Jeremy Stockwell(3)
Patrick McCart(3)
Bjorn Nyberg (3)
Ray H (3)
Matt Pelham (3)
Steve Christou(3)
Steeve Bergeron (3)
Craig s(2)
Chucky P(2)
Jim Williams (2)
Neil J (2)
Bill Williams (2)
Jeff Gross (1)
Elizabeth S (1)
Philip T (1)
Mark Bk (1)

Update coming at midnight with more clues and round 4!

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Answer to round 2 coming about 6 again or so, with new clues and new round about midnight or 11 or so.

Got a flood of correct answers to round 2 after that last clue:)

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Round 2 Answer FROM HELL (2001)

Other answers:
Haunting
Exorcist
Zardoz
Spawn
League of Extraordinary Gentlemen(LOTS OF GUESSES THERE)

Scores(points this round-name-total score)
2-Cameron Y (2)
2-Bjorn Nyberg (5)
2-Ray H (5)
2-Bill McA(2)
1-James S(1)
1-Nick Sievers(4)
1-Steve Christou (4)
1-Brett B (1)
1-Matt Pelham(4)
1-Jeremy Stockwell(4)
1-Malcolm R(1)
1-Philip T(2)
1-Mark Bk (2)
1-Chucky P(3)
0-Andrew Sch(3)
0-Patrick McCart(3)
0-Bjorn Nyberg (3)
0-Steeve Bergeron (3)
0-Craig s(2)
0-Jim Williams (2)
0-Neil J (2)
0-Bill Williams (2)
0-Jeff Gross (1)
0-Elizabeth S (1)

There were other members guessing, but I am just keeping score on those with scores so far. I am still trying to get a good scorekeeping method together for myself. Apologies to the fine people who have guessed so far.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Round 3 clue(quote): "How many days in your life have you ever been sick?"

Round 4 clue: The director of this film frequently composes his own music for his films.

Round 5: (Challenge round! Point values are doubled for this rounds correct answers!)
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v361/luciousdown/094d4eef.jpg] [/url]

Humorous backstory about this film. The character above looks a lot like me, especially in mannerisms and expressions. It is a joke in my home whenever this film is viewed, someone always yelling "get mad sean!"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks