-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Beauty and the Beast: 1987 - Ron Perlman

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 ScottBrooks

ScottBrooks

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted July 25 2004 - 05:46 AM

I don't know about anyone else but I thought this was a good show back in the 80's. Anyone think it will ever come to DVD??

#2 of 4 Amy Mormino

Amy Mormino

Supporting Actor

• 537 posts

Posted July 26 2004 - 02:19 AM

I don't see requests for this show too often, unfortunately, so I don't see much hope for its release. Its one of the very few sci-fi/fantasy TV shows that were designed for a largely female audience. I'd love to see it on DVD, as I watched it regularly as a kid. I can't think of a better time for its release than now, as Ron Perlman has found some well-deserved cinema success with Hellboy.

#3 of 4 Craig S

Craig S

Producer

• 5,465 posts
  • LocationLeague City, Texas

Posted July 26 2004 - 06:04 AM

I'm really surprised this hasn't shown up yet. Most cult show do really well on DVD. Does anyone know who owns the rights??

Three truths about movies, as noted by Roger Ebert:

* It's not what a movie is about, it's how it is about it.

* No good movie is too long, and no bad movie is short enough.

* No good movie is depressing, all bad movies are depressing.

#4 of 4 MattHR

MattHR

Screenwriter

• 1,475 posts

Posted July 26 2004 - 11:08 AM

I believe Republic Pictures produced the show. I know they released several episodes on VHS and LD in the early 90's on their own label. I believe most of Republic's properties are now handled by Lion's Gate/Artisan.

This is a show that Anchor Bay would serve well on DVD, if they were to get the rights.