What's new

Beauty and the Beast: 1987 - Ron Perlman (1 Viewer)

ScottBrooks

Auditioning
I don't know about anyone else but I thought this was a good show back in the 80's. Anyone think it will ever come to DVD??

Amy Mormino

Supporting Actor
I don't see requests for this show too often, unfortunately, so I don't see much hope for its release. Its one of the very few sci-fi/fantasy TV shows that were designed for a largely female audience. I'd love to see it on DVD, as I watched it regularly as a kid. I can't think of a better time for its release than now, as Ron Perlman has found some well-deserved cinema success with Hellboy.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I'm really surprised this hasn't shown up yet. Most cult show do really well on DVD. Does anyone know who owns the rights??

MattHR

Screenwriter
I believe Republic Pictures produced the show. I know they released several episodes on VHS and LD in the early 90's on their own label. I believe most of Republic's properties are now handled by Lion's Gate/Artisan.

This is a show that Anchor Bay would serve well on DVD, if they were to get the rights.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks