Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

anyone heard of televisionpreview.com?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Executive Producer

• 16,203 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted July 23 2004 - 03:52 AM

i just recieved a mailer with 4 tickets to go to a preview of a possible new tv show.

anyone else heard of this.
i dont remember signing up for this but my name on the addressed envelope has a spelling that i used for a credit card at one time.
facebook.com/whotony

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   EricSchulz

EricSchulz

Producer

• 4,492 posts

Posted July 23 2004 - 08:20 AM

I received one of these mailers a couple weeks ago, for a screening in Milwaukee, but I couldn't attend. I thought I got it because I subscribe to Entertainment Weekly.

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   MishaLauenstein

MishaLauenstein

Supporting Actor

• 578 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted July 23 2004 - 05:19 PM

This sounds very similar to some tickets that I've had in the past. I have gone three times in three different years and it was always the same shows.

It is really just a way to get people to watch a bunch of commercials (since the first show (always the pilot for Valerie Harper's The City whenever I've gone) and the second show (in my case Blind Men with the inconcievable guy and Puddy) are shown with commercials ("to make the tv show viewing experience more realistic").

Counting its original airing, I have seen The City four times now and the hats alone would make me want to kill myself if I ever had to sit through it again. I liked Blind Men and you won't get to see it anywhere else, so if you can stand 2 hours for 20 minutes of amusement then go for it. Assuming that those are the shows they're using and that it is the same company.

I noticed a lot of people 'dressed up' in the audience, since the tickets make it seem like you're going to some big premiere rather than testing commercials.

Misha
40% Ben Katz + 30% Bobby Hill (Texas) + 20% Monica Geller + 10% William Dent. (Wardrobe by George Costanza)

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Travis_S

Travis_S

Supporting Actor

• 681 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, Missouri

Posted July 23 2004 - 09:08 PM

I went to the same thing as the poster above once. There was "The City" and a crap show about soul mates. When I got the tickets, I assumed it would be something at least worthwhile, but it was not. I wouldn't waste my time again.

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Executive Producer

• 16,203 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted July 24 2004 - 01:49 AM

the note that came with the 4 tix said dress casual, as you would at home when you watch tv.
facebook.com/whotony