What's new

SHAUN OF THE DEAD R2 Specs (1 Viewer)

Will*B

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Will
Just a message regarding the R2 UK release of the excellent 'Shaun of the Dead'. It looks as though this could be one of the best DVD's of the year!

Extras as follows:

Audio Commentaries
- Commentary 1 – Simon Pegg & Edgar Wright
- Commentary 2 – Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, Dylan Moran, Kate Ashfield & Lucy Davis
- Commentary 3 – Bill Nighy & Penelope Wilton
- Commentary 4 – The Zombies

Missing Bits
- Extended bits – including commentary
- Outtakes
- The Man who would be Shaun – Simon Pegg and Nick Frost impersonate Sean Connery and Michael Caine
- Funky Pete – Pete’s swearing sequence re-dubbed

Plotholes: Comic strip sequences with Voice Over from Lucy Davis, Simon Pegg & Nick Frost
- What Happened To Shaun When He Ran Off?
- What Happened To Diane When She Left The Winchester?
- How Did Ed Get From The Cellar To The Shed?

TV Bits Extended edits of TV Shows within movies
- Coldplay on T4
- Fun Dead – Full version of It’s a Knockout Zombies
- Trisha – Your nine lives are up
- Trisha – I married a monster
- Remembering Z Day – Interview with Jeremy Thompson

Trails of the Dead
- Fright Fest Exclusive Trailer
- Official Teaser
- Official Trailer
- TV spots 1
- TV Spots 2

Raw Meat – The Making Of
- EPK Featurette
- Simon’s Cam – Vignettes
- Lucy’s Cam – Vignettes
- Joe’s Diary – Vignettes
- Edgar & Simon’s Flip Chart – Presentation of the 1st draft
- SFX Comparison from Double Negative
- Make Up Tests

Zombie’s Gallery
- Photo Gallery – photo’s by Simon, Lucy and Charlotte
- 2000 AD STRIP – ‘There’s Something About Mary’
- Poster Designs – Original Oscar poster to final official poster

- Subtitles Selections

- Storyboard Comparison – cut to film

- Zomb-O-Meter – trivia track

Released on September 6th, with a RRP of £19.99

Hopefully, this will be released in R1 as well - this superb film deserves to be seen in a lot more places than just the UK.

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
"Shaun of the Dead" will hit US theaters in September so we have a while to wait for a DVD here.

but uh....I still saw the flick ;) and it rocked.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
I've seen it as well and it's just a riot. Will probably see it again when it hits the US market and will definately buy the DVD. I just hope the R1 has the same extras as R2.

-paul

Benson R

Supporting Actor
I was looking on amazon uk and see they have an exclusive limited edition version with exlusive packaging. Does anyone know exactly what the difference is?

EricSunde

Stunt Coordinator
I saw it at Comic-Con in San Diego this year, and loved it.

In the Q&A after, Edgar and Simon said the R1 DVD will have all of the features of the R2 one, plus some unrated stuff (bonus features, I think, not a Director's cut) that couldn't be included for various reasons on the R2 DVD.

Will*B

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Will

I believe that the only difference is the cover. The disc is exactly the same. It's not just Amazon that do this; HMV and Virgin Megastores regularly have 'exclusive limited edition' cover designs.

I think I prefer the regular version!

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Saw it at the New Zealand Film Festival (with a great Q&A afterwards with Edgar Wright, the director, who was excited to be in the land where "Braindead" aka "Dead Alive" was filmed).

Brilliant movie. Very funny and witty, but with some great zombie scenes. I look forward to the DVD, especially with these features.

Amy Mormino

Supporting Actor
That looks like a fabulous package for an excellent movie. I especially like the comic-strip versions of the plotholes in the movie and the longer versions of the TV show bits. If only all DVDs displayed some imagination.

Hopefully the Region 1 release will get the same package, just as the 28 Days Later DVD was largely the same in both areas.

Jason Mical

Auditioning

Ya know, I think I do to! I caught this movie at Comic-Con this year as well, and I'm finally going to give my Malata DVP-520 some PAL discs to chew on other than Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead!

Thanks for the info!

Jay Gunn

Stunt Coordinator
I noticed DDDHouse.com has the release date of the R3 DVD of Shaun of the Dead as tomorrow, Aug. 12. If that's correct, I just might pick up that disc instead of waiting another month for the R2 DVD, or another six months for the R1.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Ah, Spaced. I had never seen it, but a friend of mine just loaned me the complete series of Spaced. I've watched the first two episodes so far, and really enjoyed it. Definitely worth watching.

Ron Boster

Screenwriter
DDDhouse says...

Release date has not been confirmed from the distributor.

Since it's past 8/12...I would assume that it's not the actual date

Eric_B_C

Stunt Coordinator
Easily the best movie I've seen this year. Absolutely terrific. "How's THAT for a slice of fried gold?" God I love that line:)

Jim Barg

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim Barg
I saw the US trailer the other day, and it looked hilarious. It seems George Romero was impressed enough to give Pegg and Wright bit parts in his new Dead movie.

Jon B NY

Stunt Coordinator
This film really is the best film of '04. The writing couldn't have been any better and the comedic timing was PERFECT. This might just be the first DVD I import over from Britain for player to try out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks