What's new

*** Official THE BOURNE SUPREMACY Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Chris

Senior HTF Member
I watched this last week. Incredible. I loved it a good deal, some great surprises, good action, one of the better movies of the summer (IMHO) :)

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Jeffery Wells also had good things to say about the film, and he rarely does for summer fare.

Jason

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
As long as Bourne Supremacy equals the previous effort which was decent, I'll be a happy camper here.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
I'll say this: there is a sequence about in the middle of the film that had me on the edge of my seat. This is a film with "special" special effects. That is to say, you know they are special effects, but they come off as so transparent that your mind doesn't even think about them.

Lots of films have special effects that are obviously shouting "look at this kick-ass SE!" but this film has those minor special effects that make the scenes come together and are so transparent that you completely believe in what you are seeing, even though you know they could not be done (with safety) the way they are presented :)

I picked up a set of Bourne Supremacy T-Shirts and other faire while there.. this is a film I had looked forward to from the beginning of the summer, and am very glad it turned out about as well as I had hoped. I'll try to post a real review maybe tomorrow.

lnguyen

Auditioning
Hello All, this is my first post.

If the Hollywood follow the book closely, I think the Bourne Identity would be more exploded and the same as for "the Bourne Supremacy". I read both and they are awsome. Frankly, the books are more interesting, developing than the movies.

hanson mat

Stunt Coordinator
Looks like they did a good job continuing the storyline and developing the action scenes. I'm in!

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
In relation to and conjunction with the first film...

As an alternative for grown-ups who'd like to see a movie this summer...

As an example of a director with a solid approach and a screenwriter with some real skills...

This flick's a winner.

I have some (minor) gripes but overall I thought it was a tight and efficient flick. Much like SM2, it "fits" with its predecessor very well - while also standing on its own as a very compelling piece of entertainment.

You'll notice that differences between Limon and Greengrass almost immediately, but odds are if you enjoyed Bourne 1 - you'll have a great time being Bourne again. (Bwah. I made a terrible pun.)

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Saw Bourne Supremacy last night. Kick Ass flick! :emoji_thumbsup:

It is just as good as BI. Action, suspense thrills etc. Im starting to like Bourne a bit more than Bond (and im a huge Band fan).

I need to see it again cause its been a while since I saw BI and there is mention of events in the first film.

Go see it!

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member

And since this seems to be a potential Discussion Thread, feel free to have a look at my review if you like. Or here's the short version:

I'm going to see it again this weekend. :) :emoji_thumbsup:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for "The Bourne Supremacy" please, post all comments, links to outside reviews, film and box office discussion items to this thread.

All HTF member film reviews of "The Bourne Supremacy" should be posted to the Official Review Thread.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Crawdaddy

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
The reviews have been stellar. I'm on my way here in a few hours. This is shaping up to be on ehell of a series.

Jonathan Carter

Supporting Actor

No shock there. The books had better be more fleshed out and developed. When you have 400 or 500 pages to work with vs. 2 hours for a movie you can get more in depth. This is the case with just about every single book->movie film ever made.

Kelly W

Second Unit
We saw this today and really liked it, but didn't really "enjoy" it. We found the "shaky-cam" a bit too much to take. Sometimes the camera seemed to wiggle for no apparent reason (e.g., during talking head shots). Now, I realize the director (Greengrass or whoever) was probably going for a gritty documentary style-- I appreciate that. However, I found it hard to tell what was going on in most of the action scenes and my wife became nauseous very quickly.

That said, I'm sure it will be fine on DVD watching the smaller screen. Also, it might have been better if we were able to sit farther back in the theater. We were there 20 minutes early and most seats were filled. We sat about a quarter of the theater's length away from the screen.

Did anybody else find this distracting? I heard other people commenting on it on the way out of the theater.

-Kelly

Chris

Senior HTF Member
If you were more then 1/2 up on the screen, it's kind of distracting.. If you sat about 1/2 back from the screen or farther, it made for really effective viewing.. it's one of those that happened so fast and furious that when I was up close in a private viewing, it almost made me sea-sick.. sitting back farther in the theater, it was just intense, and I enjoyed it a great deal.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I was bummed about the small amount of screen time for both Franke Potente and Julia Stiles.

I had a hard time taking Joan Allen's second-in-command because he plays the sadsack husband of "Will & Grace"s board game couple.

DavidY

Supporting Actor
Too much jerking around on by the cameras....although I was sitting near the back of the theater. This made it hard to follow and was very distracting.

I was very surprised at how the Russian secret service agent fared after the car crash.

Pretty good action movie. It's worthwhile to view the Bourne Identity DVD prior to the movie. Otherwise, it is IMO hard to follow.

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks