What's new

Where can I buy a TALL video projector stand? (1 Viewer)

SteveCoug

Agent
I just got my Infocus 4805.

It looks GREAT!

But I have a problem with the set-up location.

I don't want to permanently mount the projector to the ceiling (for various reasons) and in order to position the projector to fill my screen, I need to put it about 3 feet behind my couch. I need a tall stand to get the projector

high enough so that I don't have to worry about people's head's being in the picture.

Bottom line: I need a projector stand that will get the projector about 5.5 to 6 feet off the ground.

I have found several projector stands, but most only go to about 48" high.

Also, I want something that is NOT permanent. This is in a rec room that is used for other purposes. I have a drum set where the projector stand goes, so I want something relatively small and portable that I can set up when I want to watch a movie and then take it down when I'm not using it.

I know I could probably make one myself, but I'm not very handy. I'm trying to find an "off the shelf" solution."

Any suggestions?

Thanks! Steve

micah bjj

Stunt Coordinator
I am in the same situation where I may want a tall stand instead of a ceiling mount.

I dont know if you have an Ultimate Electronics near you, but at my local UE, in their projector theater room...they have a fiberglass stand that is about 6-7ft tall. Looks pretty good and is not noticable. I dont know if they actually can sell one or if they are custom made. Worth a try.

On the internet everything that I have found looks like garbage or is like a rolling cart type thing for schools to use.

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
I'm also thinking of using a table or stand if I get the 4805. But the heights you guys are talking about would not work with the big offset of the 4805. You either have to get projector about 7-8' high, or on a table/stand 2-3' high(unless you have a tiny screen).

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I am setting up in a similar situation and only have my projector 36" off the floor. I have to slouch a bit if I'm in the middle seat, but I tend to do that anyway when I've settled into a movie. I'm assuming at those heights you have either a very high ceiling or are enabling the ceiling projection feature?

You might consider getting a tall audio rack, which would be stable and provide some shelving for components under the projector. This is what I'm doing, but obviously don't need the stand to be that tall.

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
Ever thought of a real tough and professional tripod? This might suit u guys well since its going to temporary with the benefits of x, y and everything else axis adjustment....of course u would have to have a homemade actual "shelf" for ur pj to securely fasten.

waveformula

Auditioning
Real Name
Josh Carpenter
I know this is a reeeeeaaaally old thread, but I'm in the same situation so thought I would post what I found. I might get this: http://www.airdesks.com/projectorstand.asp
Looks nice, but I'm surprised there isn't anything else that tall...?

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Looks like a solid find. And welcome to HTF!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks