What's new

20th Century Fox pressurising publishers with advertisers of Region 1 DVDs in the UK! (1 Viewer)

Johnny G

Supporting Actor
The UK's biggest movie magazine, Empire, has already bowed to the demands of Fox to remove all advertisers of region 1 product as well as a DVD magazine and many others are feeling the pressure but not taken the drastic step of turning down advertisers revenue just yet.

I guess it just shows that one big guy is bigger than a few little guys put together!

Bjorn Olav Nyberg

Supporting Actor
Actually I suppose it means the advertising revenue from Fox itself is big enough to tip the scales - Not to mention where would a film magazine stand if one of the biggest studios out there decided to boycitt their magazine?

Still I'll agree it can be a scary thing when a big corporation is able to make such decisions for smaller companies.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Well, the studios set up the Region Coding scheme for a reason. I'm surprised there hasn't been more attempts at enforcement before this.

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Damn cheek though when Fox releases many stripped down versions of, for example, their Studio Classics range in R2. If Fox would treat their R2 customers with the same respect they give to R1, there would be no need to buy overseas.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Fox is the same outfit that bowed to the outrageous demands of various groups that wanted the Charlie Chan & Mr. Moto films censored & banned last year. Fox offered no public resistance against these groups and gave them pretty much everything they wanted.

Now Fox has turned around and played hardball with a simple British movie magazine for advertising legal products, including their own. In theory such advertising could potentially increase Fox sales worldwide because not all R1 titles are available in R2.

In my opinion, Fox is showing muscle in all the wrong places.

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks