Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

What sequels should AND SHOULDN'T be made?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
30 replies to this topic

#21 of 31 OFFLINE   Malcolm R

Malcolm R

Executive Producer

• 11,679 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted July 23 2004 - 04:31 AM

I would also like a Transporter sequel.

I'm pretty sure that one's on the way.
The purpose of an education is to replace an empty mind with an open mind.

#22 of 31 OFFLINE   Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman

Producer

• 4,184 posts

Posted July 23 2004 - 04:37 AM

I always wanted a sequel to Innerspace but that never came to be.

Quote:
o more Star Wars Please! No really, no more! I think they completely screwed up with the latest ones and any more would just be an abomination!

Couldn't agree more. Ruined.
No more Matrix sequels either. Both followups were nowhere near as good as the original.

#23 of 31 OFFLINE   chung_sotheby

chung_sotheby

Supporting Actor

• 858 posts

Posted July 23 2004 - 05:20 AM

Thank god there won't be a sequal to The Hulk. If I see one more close-up or algae, I might get angry. And you wouldn't like me when I'm angry...

Also, LoXG was supposed to have a couple of sequals lined up, before they found out how bad the movie was critically and commercially. Although I do have faith in Norrington to direct a good comeback movie.

How about a sequal to Zero Effect, where Daryl Zero comes out of retirement to find out who kidnapped Steve Arlo, or something to that effect (no pun intended).

How about a sequal to GO? I really liked the pace and rhythm of the original, and Liman doesn't seem to be doing much these days (and Executive Producing O.C. and Bourne Supremecy do not count)

I would not be averse to a sequal of Kingpin, the second best Farrely Brothers movie.

I kind of liked the idea of the Good Will Hunting sequal from Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back. Looks to be promising, especially if the snesitive-ponytail guys shows up again...

How about a sequal (or prequel, what have you) of Memento, which shows how and when Teddy begins to use Lenny as his personal hitman. But that might be off-putting to fans of the original.

I think that the worst ideas for sequals and remakes can be found on any episode of the Simpsons, whenever they mock the Hollywood hit-making machine bye showing clips of the remake of My Fair Lady with Rainier Wolfcastle mowing down a field of 19th Century socialites with a mini-gun.

#24 of 31 OFFLINE   DougFND

DougFND

Second Unit

• 250 posts

Posted July 23 2004 - 06:12 AM

Quote:
Since when is 49 a good age for playing an action hero?

Why isn't it? Arnold was 53 or so for the T3 shoot. Granted, he's probably the exception rather than the rule. But, 49 shouldn't stop anyone from playing action here.

What is the cutoff age?

#25 of 31 OFFLINE   Jonathan Carter

Jonathan Carter

Supporting Actor

• 535 posts

Posted July 23 2004 - 08:47 AM

If they ever make a sequel to Forrest Gump, Titanic, or any of those other manipulative, sappy films they better end with the main characters dying in a hail of gunfire.

#26 of 31 OFFLINE   Michael Costa

Michael Costa

Agent

• 30 posts

Posted July 23 2004 - 09:13 AM

Wasn't the first one bad enough?

http://www.apple.com....uper_babies_2/
My Movie Ratings
Movies: 25 left - Last Seen The Grapes of Wrath
Laughs: 54 left - Last Seen The Producers
Thrills: 18 left - Last Seen High Noon
Passions: 61 left - Last Seen The ApartmentSight & Sound 221 left - Last Seen The Grapes of Wrath

#27 of 31 OFFLINE   Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson

Producer

• 5,262 posts

Posted July 23 2004 - 12:38 PM

A sequel to Baby Geniuses??? Someone's on the pipe. The first one only made $27 million - maybe it did better on video.

And Jon Voight's in it? Geez, this may settle the question "Which Oscar-winning actor's fallen the farthest." Though I'm not sure BG2 is much below Anaconda...
Colin Jacobson
http://www.dvdmg.com

#28 of 31 OFFLINE   MatthewLouwrens

MatthewLouwrens

Producer

• 3,031 posts

Posted July 23 2004 - 10:05 PM

Quote:
Unbreakable needs a sequel.
Definitely.
Films watched in 2005 / 2006 / 2007 / 2008 / 2009 / 2010 / 2011
AFI Top 100 lists: Movies, Thrills - Completed / Laughs - 23 to go
Passions - 39 to go / Heroes & Villains - 10 to go / Songs - 42 to go

#29 of 31 OFFLINE   chris winters

chris winters

Second Unit

• 275 posts

Posted July 24 2004 - 11:28 AM

harrison Ford did some great work late in life, a lot of it having to do with action.
Movies are like books, except you can't set your' drink on them, well.. unless its a DVD...oh nevermind

#30 of 31 OFFLINE   Todd Terwilliger

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter

• 1,745 posts

Posted July 25 2004 - 09:39 AM

Quote:
harrison Ford did some great work late in life
You make sound as if he's dead.

Sequels are tough. Too many end up doing nothing more than tarnishing the original films.

I agree with the idea that maybe Hollywood should look for more original ideas rather than continually trying to regurgitate that which has come before.
This message ends with Todd.

Hey kid you got no class. Hit the bums, kid. Run like the devil. Get a tin can and take up mooching. Knock on back doors for a nickel.
Tell them your story. Make 'em weep. You could have been a meat-eater, kid. But you didn't listen to me when I laid it down.
Stay off...

#31 of 31 OFFLINE   Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson

Producer

• 5,262 posts

Posted July 25 2004 - 02:14 PM

Quote:
quote:
harrison Ford did some great work late in life

You make sound as if he's dead.

Did you see Hollywood Homicide?
Colin Jacobson