What's new

24 Season 4 ongoing thread (Merged) (1 Viewer)

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
I heard about this. Im disappointed but am also very interested where they take it this year.

I did also hear that Jack will be on a mission of sorts for DOD. CTU isnt going to be featured much if at all.

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
Frankly I'm glad. Last season was so bad, who knows, maybe they got an interesting premise which will actually follow coherently through the day.

Wow, I'm bitter.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
How is talking about which actors will be back and which won't considered "heavy spoilers"?

I think we should feel free to discuss this without spoiler tags.

Mike Graham

Supporting Actor
Reportedly, Jack will not be working for CTU at all.

Glad to hear about all these changes, as it was quite clear that these characters and their stories had run their course.

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor
Keeler's returning? So that means they'll actually have a Republican President on the show next season? I know this is the Fox network, but that's still a surprise.

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
Im all for it. Get rid of all the office politics and family turmoil, and concentrate on the aspects that made the show great; Jack out there on his own, outside of the confines of CTU.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
It'll be interesting to see what season 4 will be like. But I like the idea of a radical reinvention of the show, which is what they sound like they're doing.

I would disagree - while the first half was pretty bad (the worst the show has ever been), I thought the second half was some of the best and most intense TV I've seen in a long time.

Charles_Y

Premium
Supporter
Real Name
Charles W. Yearsley Jr.
I've been a fan of the show the first two seasons but missed so many of this past season's shows at the beginning that I gave up watching. Does anyone know if Fox is ever going to show reruns of Season 3 before next January's kick off for Season 4?

Most other series get reshown during summer in reruns. It is REALLY annoying that this show is not. What the hell is up with Fox?:angry:

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Charles_Y

Seasons one and two were both shown in 24 hour marathons, usually sometime in August on the FX network, not on Fox. I'm a little behind things, so just finished watching season two.

Tried to watch season three last fall, but like you, missed to many episodes, so am hoping FX runs another marathon. All it takes is a couple of 8 or 10 hour tapes. Luckily I've got two vcrs so just set the timers with a slight overlap and in one day you've taped the entire seasons worth of shows.

If anyone knows if they're going to run another marathon and when, please let us know. Otherwise watch your TV guide carefully.

Charles_Y

Premium
Supporter
Real Name
Charles W. Yearsley Jr.
You're right Stan. I do vaguely remember a 24 marathon at some point in the past. One can only hope. Might even be better to break it up a little than in one 24 hr. gulp, such as in 4 or 6 hr. sets. I have a 80 hr. TIVO but even this would take up allot of space! I'm keeping a watch as well.

Tom Brennan

Screenwriter
Real Name
(see above)
Well, for the most part I agree with the cast decisions, but boy I am going to miss Carlos Bernard (Tony Almeida). I have really enjoyed Tony over the past three seasons and was hoping he would get into the field more with Jack. Oh well...

Steve Y

Supporting Actor
This is good news. Shake it up a bit... the first half of season three (the so-called "mexican soap opera") was less than compelling, but the second half was better... besides, all people really want to see is Jack Bauer out in the field being tortured and torturing others. It's the happy fun torture hour!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks