Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
DVD Reviews

HTF Review: Knight Rider - Season One (Recommended!)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
26 replies to this topic

#1 of 27 OFFLINE   Jason Perez

Jason Perez

Second Unit

• 310 posts

Posted July 21 2004 - 01:48 AM

Padawan Learner in the Mystical Art of Home Theater!

Display Tweaked to Perfection by Calibrator Extraordinaire Gregg Loewen!

#2 of 27 OFFLINE   todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,972 posts

Posted July 21 2004 - 05:20 AM

I can't get the set right now. Any chance you can say who the other person who tried out for the role? You can put it in spoilers.

ps-I am tempted to get the set just to hear David Hasselhoff sing. Posted Image
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#3 of 27 ONLINE   Tony J Case

Tony J Case

Screenwriter

• 1,780 posts

Posted July 21 2004 - 08:06 AM

This was posted over on the KR message boards by one of the dev teams that worked on the set, and I thoght I'd pass it along:
Since studios usualy only hear from us when something goes horrably wrong, it might be a nice jesture to pass along a "You guys rock" note. At the very least, it might go a long way to helping Seasons 2 - 5 to come out.

#4 of 27 OFFLINE   R. Kay

R. Kay

Second Unit

• 308 posts

Posted July 21 2004 - 08:41 AM

Hasselhoff rocks!

#5 of 27 OFFLINE   Tony Whalen

Tony Whalen

Producer

• 3,150 posts

Posted July 21 2004 - 10:19 AM

Bring it on. I own an '88 Trans Am for a reason. (Now if I actually stopped buying DVDs for a while, I might be able to paint it black.) Posted Image

#6 of 27 OFFLINE   Rob T

Rob T

Screenwriter

• 1,991 posts

Posted July 21 2004 - 12:52 PM

I'll be getting it. Posted Image

#7 of 27 OFFLINE   Eric Paddon

Eric Paddon

Screenwriter

• 1,167 posts

Posted July 21 2004 - 02:07 PM

I'm still waiting for Season 2 and Rebecca Holden (and Ann Turkel's guest shots) before I go back to get Season 1.

#8 of 27 OFFLINE   MattGentry

MattGentry

Second Unit

• 257 posts

Posted July 21 2004 - 03:32 PM

I simply cannot, being of sound mind, write an email to Universal on the quality of the discs. Double-sided? I'm sorry, but I cannot endorse that. (Granted, I'll be buying it on release day, but still...)

#9 of 27 OFFLINE   Nelson Au

Nelson Au

Executive Producer

• 11,631 posts

Posted July 21 2004 - 04:20 PM

This was a fun and silly series, it will be great to see it again. Could be wince inducing. Forgot about Rebecca Holden! By the way, was the Garth Knight two parter with the Monster truck from the first or second season? I was hoping it was in the first, but the K.A.R.R. episode sounds similarly fun. Sending a nice note to Universal or any studio sounds like a great idea. Nelson

#10 of 27 OFFLINE   Tory

Tory

Screenwriter

• 1,321 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted July 21 2004 - 05:51 PM

Can you confirm this Knight Rider TV movie subplot detail spoiler:
Dan Quale is the president and went to war with the UK by accident in Operation Tea Party?
I think I remember it happening.
Hungry enough to eat a turnip and call it a turkey.

#11 of 27 OFFLINE   Will_C

Will_C

Second Unit

• 271 posts

Posted July 22 2004 - 01:19 AM

Double sided or not, I'm glad this series is coming out and I plan to get it on release day. Thanks to Universal for putting out some of my favorite '80s shows. Looking forward to more A-Team, Magnum P.I. and Knight Rider season 2. Rebecca Holden yes please! :b Also Fall Guy, Bionic Woman and Six Million Dollar Man (if rights are ever worked out since Miramax got them). Unrelated, but would like to see more Law and Order: SVU as well from Universal.
Rick Hunter
USMC Force Recon Scout Sniper
"If you run, you'll only die tired."

#12 of 27 ONLINE   Tony J Case

Tony J Case

Screenwriter

• 1,780 posts

Posted July 22 2004 - 02:38 AM

Umm. . . so? Why is that a big deal? The set sounds great, loaded with stuff, and you complain about not having art on the discs?

#13 of 27 OFFLINE   elMalloc

elMalloc

Supporting Actor

• 801 posts

Posted July 24 2004 - 03:14 AM

F yeah!!! KNIGHT RIDER!!!!

#14 of 27 OFFLINE   Jonathan Carter

Jonathan Carter

Supporting Actor

• 535 posts

Posted July 24 2004 - 04:12 AM

That 2 parter entitled Goliath was the 1st 2 episodes of season 2. Oh, and the semi truck was called Goliath. They did another 2 parter towards the end of the same season.

#15 of 27 OFFLINE   Paul_Scott

Paul_Scott

Lead Actor

• 6,546 posts

Posted July 24 2004 - 04:55 AM

from what i understand, both leads were happy to participate in any extras but the studio nixed the idea. they also are using out of date masters for Night Gallery, so while Knight Rider fans should feel happy and satisfied, Buck R and Rod Serling fans appear to be getting the much shorter end of the stick.

#16 of 27 OFFLINE   Craig: Mclaren

Craig: Mclaren

Second Unit

• 374 posts

Posted July 24 2004 - 07:55 AM

As long as they don't f*** up "Miami Vice" I'll be a happy camper. Posted Image Posted Image

PS- I'll pick this "Knight Rider" set up when it hits the UK. I love 80's TV.

#17 of 27 OFFLINE   Eric F

Eric F

Screenwriter

• 1,810 posts

Posted July 24 2004 - 07:30 PM

Knight Rider was one of the first shows to be in stereo, correct? This one and Sliders (no excuse there) appears to be mono, which makes no sense.

#18 of 27 OFFLINE   Paul Pro

Paul Pro

Stunt Coordinator

• 83 posts

Posted July 28 2004 - 02:02 PM

I haven't seen Knight Rider since I was 7 years old. So I'm a little hesitant about buying it. It would basicly be a blind purchase. All I remember is that I absulutely LOVED this show as a kid. Luckily However, Knight Rider is being added to a Digital channel offered in Canada(where I live) on August 8th!! So I will check it out before deciding on buying the First Season.

#19 of 27 OFFLINE   Rodrick

Rodrick

Second Unit

• 269 posts

Posted August 13 2004 - 11:52 AM

AWESOME RIGHTEOUS MAN. DOUBLE SIDED IS A PROBLEM WITH EASILY SCRATCHING OR FINGERPRINTS. ALREADY SOME PROBLEMS WITH THE DISCS. AS SOME HAVE POSTED.

#20 of 27 OFFLINE   Will_C

Will_C

Second Unit

• 271 posts

Posted August 14 2004 - 02:18 AM

Just finished watching the last episode last night. I really enjoyed the set and am looking forward to the next season (Rebecca Holden YES!). It's amazing that when you have all these episodes and see many of them in such a relatively short time frame, you start to notice reused footage in several episodes. For example the jump over the river is in two episodes, going past a lake with all the trees on both sides and a white truck parked off the side of the road is in several episodes, a jump over an obstruction with a 180 spin at the end of a parking lot, etc. I also noticed scenes taking place simultaneously in the same area where one scene had rain and the other didn't. I am by no means complaining, I just thought it was funny to notice these things as an adult that I didn't see as a kid. Of course, the fact that 20 years ago we only had one tv and I could only watch KR when Dallas was in reruns kinda kept me from seeing alot of episodes in the series.
Rick Hunter
USMC Force Recon Scout Sniper
"If you run, you'll only die tired."