-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Beast Wars Season 3

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#1 of 18 Josh_C

Josh_C

Auditioning

• 14 posts

Posted July 21 2004 - 12:22 AM

I haven't seen any recent posts specifically about Beast Wars, so I decided to make one. Posted Image

For all the fans out there, what do you think of the new cover art, and what sort of extras are you hoping for? Also, how many of you want to see future Beast Machines season sets released?

By the way, I'm new here. This is my first post. Posted Image

#2 of 18 Rhoq

Rhoq

Supporting Actor

• 734 posts

Posted July 21 2004 - 12:54 AM

Even though Beast Machines was a bit weak, I would like to see it released (I believe it was only on for 1 season, so the entire series can be contained in one set). To me, it would be essential since it follows-up Beast Wars and attempts to tie-up some loose ends while taking the series into a completely new direction.

#3 of 18 Joshua Lane

Joshua Lane

Second Unit

• 369 posts

Posted July 21 2004 - 04:54 AM

Quote:
For all the fans out there, what do you think of the new cover art, and what sort of extras are you hoping for? Also, how many of you want to see future Beast Machines season sets released?

I like the cover-art, but was surprised they didn't just go with another shade of blue. I don't care much as far as extras are concerned... whatever they include is fine.

As for Beast Machines, hell yeah! I liked that series quite a bit and hope Rhino releases both seasons.

#4 of 18 Mike Miskulin

Mike Miskulin

Second Unit

• 386 posts

Posted July 21 2004 - 09:47 AM

Quote:
As for Beast Machines, hell yeah! I liked that series quite a bit and hope Rhino releases both seasons.

Or one season as it was presented in Canada.

I would love to see Beast Machines as well, but for Pete's sake Rhino, release all 26 episodes in one set!

And I do look forward to season 3 of Beast Wars, too.

mike.

Do it Right or Don't Do it at All.®

#5 of 18 Ben Harpold

Ben Harpold

Agent

• 43 posts

Posted July 23 2004 - 06:07 AM

I'm really hoping that they release Beast Machines, preferably in one set. My wife and I are looking forward to completing the Beast wars set.

#6 of 18 Josh_C

Josh_C

Auditioning

• 14 posts

Posted February 10 2005 - 08:10 AM

Has anyone heard anything new about Beast Machines? I am under the impression that Paramount now owns the DVD rights, so Beast Machines may not get released like Rhino had planned... unfortunately.

#7 of 18 Joe:C

Joe:C

Second Unit

• 494 posts

Posted February 10 2005 - 04:11 PM

I'm still waiting to hear if Rhino gets to finish the series they haven't completed (G.I. Joe, Jem, Armada).

#8 of 18 David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,386 posts

Posted February 11 2005 - 06:52 AM

I'm 99.9% sure they won't get to do that.
DAVE/Memphis, TN

...Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#9 of 18 Joe:C

Joe:C

Second Unit

• 494 posts

Posted February 11 2005 - 08:45 AM

I'm 99.9% sure they won't get to do that.

I'm glad I didn't start buying the G.I. Joe sets.

#10 of 18 Josh_C

Josh_C

Auditioning

• 14 posts

Posted September 03 2005 - 01:03 PM

Wow! Tvshowsondvd.com just announced that Beast Machines: The Complete Series will be released in November. I had just recently lost all hope in its release. How can Rhino be releasing this title? Didn't they lose their rights?

#11 of 18 David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,386 posts

Posted September 03 2005 - 01:31 PM

When I said they wouldn't get to do that, I wasn't thinking.

Rhino lost their rights (they simply expired and no extension was granted) to the SUNBOW properties, like Jem, G.I. Joe, and the "G1" Transformers.

Beast Wars/Beast Machines isn't among the Sunbow properties. They are Mainframe properties (ReBoot, Action Man, Heavy Gear, Maxx Steel, the various Barbie direct-to-video CGI titles). So the Rhino license from them is a separate issue.

Link to complete TSoD story.
DAVE/Memphis, TN

#12 of 18 Adam_G

Adam_G

Extra

• 16 posts

Posted September 03 2005 - 03:23 PM

I've had season 3 of beast wars for quite some time, you guy did know it's been out for a long time right? Unless it was just in Canada, but I don't think so.

#13 of 18 David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,386 posts

Posted September 03 2005 - 10:50 PM

Yep, that is a Canada-only release. The recently announced Rhino item will be the first release of Beast Machines in the USA.
DAVE/Memphis, TN

#14 of 18 Adam_G

Adam_G

Extra

• 16 posts

Posted September 04 2005 - 05:15 AM

Beast Machines was techincally season FOUR of the series, season 3 was released last September and has a purple/pinkish colour.

#15 of 18 Kris_AB

Kris_AB

Stunt Coordinator

• 77 posts

Posted September 04 2005 - 07:52 AM

Adam, I think your confusion comes out of thinking this thread was started recently. If you look at the first post though, Joch_C began it in July 2004. He just resurrected it to talk about the Beast Machines news. Everyone here was aware that Beast Wars Season 3 has been out since last year.

#16 of 18 JohnAP

JohnAP

Second Unit

• 264 posts

Posted September 04 2005 - 11:56 AM

I'm looking forward to owning beast machines. I thought it was a worthy successor to beast wars and I've been enjoying rewatching those as they have come out on dvd. I know some people thought beast machines was a little weak, but I imagine after sitting through things like robots in disguise and armada, beast machines will look like a work of genius.

#17 of 18 Kris_AB

Kris_AB

Stunt Coordinator

• 77 posts

Posted September 04 2005 - 08:05 PM

I only caught the first two or three episodes of Beast Machines' second season, so I'm looking forward to seeing how the Beast Wars franchise ends. I actually did enjoy what they did with the characters and setting in BM's first season, thought it was pretty ambitious. I think it's awesome that Rhino is releasing it as one set instead of splitting it into another two.

#18 of 18 Adam_G

Adam_G

Extra

• 16 posts

Posted September 05 2005 - 09:29 AM

Quote:
Adam, I think your confusion comes out of thinking this thread was started recently. If you look at the first post though, Joch_C began it in July 2004. He just resurrected it to talk about the Beast Machines news. Everyone here was aware that Beast Wars Season 3 has been out since last year.

Ohhh, I didn't even notice when the thread was started, LOL. My bad :b

Forum Nav Content I Follow