What's new

Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Prequel to the Remake! (1 Viewer)

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
I was just saying to Scott how I can't get excited over a prequel to a film that I really disliked. But I literally can't stay away from the theatre when their is a horror film screening.

Julie K

Screenwriter
I'll be there with chainsaws on.

I just hope the prequel corrects the one major problem I had with the remake - where's the cannibalism?!? We have to have Leatherface & co eating their victims and I didn't think this was really brought out in the remake.

Oh yeah, and please no more indestructable Leatherface. I thought his running around without an arm
to be completely unbelievable.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I like most of the entries in this series, and was pleasantly surprised by the remake, so I'd check this out.

If this is a prequel, than that means the family well win in the end! Could be good!

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
The trailer looks good, although a bit too much like the remake, which I liked. Hey, there's Jordana Brewster, hmmm.
Surprised this didn't have a red band.

Random Hero

Second Unit
Real Name
Paul
I'll be in the theater come release day, being a huge Leatherface fan. However, I'm not feeling excited from this trailer. Looks way too much like the remake. Vehicle breaks down, sheriff meets up with the group, group gets slaughtered in the house. The only difference so far is that this movie takes place a few years earlier.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Exactly. I was hoping this would be about how Leatherface was raised and so forth, and this crazy ass family in general. I don't really give a shit about the woman who blew her head out in the back of the original's van.

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett
So, if this one does indeed have a dinner scene
, it would be more a remake of the original than the actual remake.

Besides that, this one looks a lot like the remake. I'll still see it though.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I'll probably break down and see it, but I really disliked the trailer. Looks pretty paint-by-numbers. I do like the first film, but not as much as when I first saw it.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Yep, paint by number. Studios crank these slasher films out and make a ton of money from teens alone the first weekend.

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
The music freaks me out! Mission accomplished! I don't think I will be seeing this film. I enjoyed the original TCM and thought the remake was okay, but this one just doesn't look all that good.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
Well, I saw this yesterday in the Halloween spirit, but I can't begin to properly relay the experience.

No, not because the movie was particularly bad or good (it just kinda was what it was), but because of the number of children at this screening. And when I say children, I'm talking about wee little children.

The problem, of course, started with a babbling baby down front. After one of my friends got an usher to ask the mother to take the baby out (she didn't), and the baby continued to babble so loud it often drowned out the dialogue (not that it was important anyway) another one of my friends ungraciously asked from his seat rather high up the stadium incline to, "take the f***ing baby out."

He had to do this several times.

But, that's not the worst of it. After the movie was over, and the lights came up, we could see that the theater was almost half full with parents and their children. Ages ranging from baby to eight years old! Mind you, this is for "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre"!

In the lobby, there was this adorable little girl, no older than eight years old ,dressed in a precious little pink dress sobbing uncontrollably; sobbing to the point that she was close to hyperventillating.

However, instead of consoling his child or possibly apologizing to her for what was obviously one of the worst parental decisions of his life, he approaches us and asks if we were the ones yelling at the children.

"You must not remember what it's like to be a kid," he informs us.

Now, one of my friends is a father of two children, neither of which accompanied us to "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre." But, this gentleman before us was actually accusing US, of being insensitive to his children because we felt we should be able to see a movie with extreme violence, language and sex without screaming crying children.

Honestly, I'm a patient person and wasn't all that bothered by the baby. Like I said, the movie wasn't some masterpiece with an intriciate plot where I needed to hear every minute detail. I was far more horrified at the types of parents that would subject their children to it. This movie is an assault on all of your senses, and is actually quite disturbing for me at 33 years old.

To answer that man's question, I replied that I did remember what it was like to be a child, and that my parents would never have taken me to see a film like that at that age.

It's parents like this that made me quit teaching.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
"This movie has it all! Torture scenes where heads are slowly chopped off, hands are really twisted, corkscrews are entered into various body orifices, but gosh gum darn it, we just won't stand for any swearing, so you won't hear that in the movie! Come on down for some good ol' natured torturing fun!"

:rolleyes

Seeing the trailer for this was more than enough. I can't imagine watching the entire movie without being fucked up for a few days. A kid...ugh.

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member
I was scared of Large Marge from "Pee-wee's Big Adventure" as a kid let alone if I'd seen anything in "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre"!!

Chris Tedesco

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris
It simply disgusts me that parents would take their young kids to see this movie. I saw it yesterday and even though their were no young kids, I can relate to this experience.

Same happened to me with The Hills Have Eyes. A couple brought their 3 children all well under the age of 10. Even though the kids behaved, I was so shocked they brought them, that it distracted me from the movie. I was sure that after the first scene that the parents would get up and leave with their kids. Nope, they watched the whole thing.

Texas Chainsaw much like Hills Have Eyes, are gorefest that I believe kids under the age of 12 can't see view even with their parents. I know this falls under the rating system, but come on, this is getting ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks