Photo
- - - - -

Well its finally time to pick a projector...

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 Peter Keeling

Peter Keeling

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted July 20 2004 - 08:15 AM

After many attempts to convince my dad to let us build a home theater, i have been sucessful. We are moving into a new house, and supposedly there is plenty of space in the basement to build a HT. I have talked him into about a $12,000 budget, of which I want to spend around 4-5 on a projector. I was thinking an infocus screenplay 7200 or the BenQ pe7800, but I would like to know what you guys think is the best projector at around 4-5 thousand.

Thanks for the help,
Peter Keeling

#2 of 3 Max Leung

Max Leung

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 4,612 posts

Posted July 20 2004 - 06:10 PM

For DLP, the Benq 8700 is a favorite - very popular recently. I also hear very good things about the Epson 500 and the Yamaha LPX-510, both of which are considered the best LCD projectors. I'm not sure if the latter two are in the $4-5K range though.

I have a Benq 8700 myself...I love it! All I need is a hushbox and it'll be perfect...well, perfect for the price anyways. Posted Image
Mahatma Gandhi, as you know, walked barefoot most of the time, which produced an impressive set of calluses on his feet. He also ate very little, which made him rather frail and with his odd diet, he suffered from bad breath. This made him...a super-callused fragile mystic hexed by halitosis.

Gamesh....

#3 of 3 Don Solosan

Don Solosan

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted July 20 2004 - 07:12 PM

Have you been to projectorcentral.com? They're a good source of info and I found them very helpful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users