What's new

Ren and Stimpy will be Uncut! (1 Viewer)

Mark Lx

Second Unit
Why would there even be a possibility of releasing DVD sets that are "cut". I know it's happened, but why?

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Oh joy of joys! I am so picking this up. Does anyone remember which season or episode where John K stopped doing the show due to creative differences with Nickelodeon?

Jay Pennington

Screenwriter

He was gone after the first season, but there were several episodes already finished, nearly finished, or partially started by then, so his influence extends far into the second season.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, pretty much any R&S worth a damn will be in the first box set. Everything else after that is Teh Suck!

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
I'm so damn excited about this, I can't wait to see these episodes again!!!

I had every single video release as a kid, I would be first in line to the register at Music World on release day religiously after school. I think I knew just about every episode theme song from the most obscure one-shot segments word-for-word and dialogue script from almost every show! I even collected Ren & Stimpy comic books and had all the cd's from "You Eediot" to "Crock O' Christmas" - This cartoon was the Spongebob of my generation!!

I really can't wait to revisit these episodes, I definitely know where my money is going in October!!!

Beau

Supporting Actor
Has it been said yet if they'll be in 1/2 hour episode form or just all the individual 10 or so minute episodes all seperate? I'll probably buy this either way, but I'd love for it to be how I would always watch it. YAY for Uncut though!

WillG

Senior HTF Member
And "Man's Best Friend" is going to be included as well. This should be great. I had a feeling of something when the sets were no longer available from Time Life.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
3 words...

"GEORGE LIQUOR...AMERICAN!"

I'll pick this up as a gift for my brother.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

I'm still hoping for the R&S Snick-mate "Roundhouse", though.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

I suspect and would be shocked if they weren't the full half hour episode including all the Bumpers like LOG and so on/so forth. In fact, I would argue that if those things were missing then you couldn't really call these uncut since they were part of the original broadcasts.

Lino Reno

Stunt Coordinator
Re: Ripping Friends

There is a 2xDVD in Australia containing ALL the 13 episodes of this short lived series. I have it and can confirm that the A/V presentation is very good.

There are no subs or extras, though.

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member

I was worried they wouldn't include it but seeing it listed in the contents makes me very happy. Looks like once this set comes out, I'll be able to finally throw out my old bootleg VHS containing all the censored bits. Woohoo! :)

And I agree that the next step is getting a good release of The Ripping Friends :)

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
I am really happy to hear the news of this set! I never would have imagined that I'd be able to buy every John K. episode for under $30.

What we really need now is the Bakshi/Kricfalusi 'New Adventures of Mighty Mouse'. No, it's not as extreme as R&S, but it's friggin' great.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks