Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

When are We going to see a Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea Blu-ray Release?!

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1928 replies to this topic

#1781 of 1929 OFFLINE   Mark Collins

Mark Collins

Screenwriter

• 2,341 posts

Posted July 22 2013 - 01:47 PM

Harry I read read what you wrote on Mannix about the view master reels.  I too own two copies of the same one on TT one Voyage and the original Dark Shadows that I bought when I was just a kid.  I love that the last picture on TT is where we were going to end the show for the start of season 2. 

I know you hated the TT books and thanks to you I bought the more in depth one on the show.  I am buying both Voyage books though.  Hey I am a big fan what can I say.  Lost In Space fans there are some very popular books on that site for you as well.

http://www.alphacont...s.biz/site.html 

Edited by Mark Collins, July 22 2013 - 01:51 PM.

#1782 of 1929 OFFLINE   Harry-N

Harry-N

Screenwriter

• 2,277 posts
  • LocationSunny Central Florida

Posted July 22 2013 - 02:03 PM

Mark, I spent a good portion of a day scanning in the TIME TUNNEL Viewmaster set. You can see them here:

http://s558.photobuc...html?sort=9&o=0

Slideshow here:

http://s558.photobuc... ViewMaster Set

It wasn't easy. I had to fashion a special matte for my scanner to allow it to do these as slides, and because of their small size, I had to scan them at higher density.

Harry

Edited by Harry-N, July 22 2013 - 02:09 PM.

My DVD Collection

A fugitive moves on, through anguished tunnels of time, down dim streets, into dark corners. And each new day offers fear and frustration, tastes of honey and hemlock. But if there is a hazard, there is also hope. - Closing narration to THE FUGITIVE, "Death Is The Door Prize".

#1783 of 1929 OFFLINE   Harry-N

Harry-N

Screenwriter

• 2,277 posts

Posted July 22 2013 - 02:08 PM

Oh - and I didn't "hate" the TIME TUNNEL books. In fact, the first one was quite satisfactory and served as the best of its kind for a number of years. I was just disappointed that Anchors just reissued the same text all over again. I appreciated the slight update, but was overall disappointed as I had hoped for more. 

The Martin Grams book on THE TIME TUNNEL is excellent, and is more of what I expected from the updated Anchors book.

Harry

My DVD Collection

A fugitive moves on, through anguished tunnels of time, down dim streets, into dark corners. And each new day offers fear and frustration, tastes of honey and hemlock. But if there is a hazard, there is also hope. - Closing narration to THE FUGITIVE, "Death Is The Door Prize".

#1784 of 1929 OFFLINE   Mark Collins

Mark Collins

Screenwriter

• 2,341 posts

Posted July 22 2013 - 03:13 PM

Harry nice job!!  I have one question that has always bothered me and perhaps you can help.  The Titanic is pictured on the TV in the view master films which I look at through my the one I have had since a kid.  The same picture I do believe is in the first TT book too.

I have never even in the extended pilot saw that scene.  Have you seen it in the episode?  Hey i was a big fan of TT as a kid.  I have said this before the show went right into syndication on WGN channel 9 in Chicago in the fall of 1967 opposite I Dream Of Jeannie one episode per week.  Voyage did the same when it ended it's run in 1968 and showed up that fall.  Voyage played 5 days a week before the news and I think it just started with the color episodes.  Was not until the late 1980s that we saw the entire run of Voyage on channel 50.

I do not even want to think what I spent on TT over the years. I still even have my old Columbia House vhs tapes which covered only half the series.  Columbia house is one subject i dare not mention in my house.  The money i spent on I Love Lucy Lucy Desi Comedy Hour and the Flintstones i dare not think about.

Edited by Mark Collins, July 22 2013 - 03:25 PM.

#1785 of 1929 OFFLINE   Harry-N

Harry-N

Screenwriter

• 2,277 posts

Posted July 22 2013 - 04:40 PM

This picture?

Posted Image

As far as I know it was never part of the actual filmed show. I think it was just used for the Viewmaster people and probably some promotional photos.

TIME TUNNEL ran in the fall of 1967 in syndication on Philadelphia's Channel 29. I remember being excited seeing the promos that summer. They ran it Monday through Friday but only a half-hour of it, from 7 to 7:30. That way the thirty episodes lasted 12 weeks, but they cut it locally, so it wasn't always the smoothest.

Later on in the 70's they stuck it on Sunday afternoons at 4 PM and ran it there sporadically for a short time. Then it disappeared and I hadn't seen a frame of the show until SciFi ran it. They ran it in the early 90s, but we didn't get the channel until the late '90s. It was a long time to be without a favorite series.

VOYAGE ran on Philly's Channel 17, and the prints were horrible - not even watchable.

Harry

My DVD Collection

#1786 of 1929 OFFLINE   Shatner's Grim Reaper

Shatner's Grim Reaper

Supporting Actor

• 565 posts

Posted July 23 2013 - 03:05 AM

Outstanding Harry.  I was very slightly disappointed that no pics of Captain Rennie or the senator's car going down the ramp in the desert to the Tunnel Facility were made...but great pics from the pilot

#1787 of 1929 OFFLINE   kingfish

kingfish

Screenwriter

• 1,050 posts

Posted July 23 2013 - 01:10 PM

i remember when the sci fi channel ran voyage to the bottom of the sea. on some of the episodes the prints were so bad you needed a magnifying glass to watch the episode.

#1788 of 1929 OFFLINE   Harry-N

Harry-N

Screenwriter

• 2,277 posts

Posted July 23 2013 - 04:00 PM

i remember when the sci fi channel ran voyage to the bottom of the sea. on some of the episodes the prints were so bad you needed a magnifying glass to watch the episode.

Oh yeah. I recall that too. I hadn't seen any VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA in decades and found a rather active Internet message board about the series and wanted to join in - or at least see some of these episodes being discussed.

I set up VHS tape to record some of them and, Holy Cow, were they bad! Grainy, jumpy, mushy prints with barely intelligible dialog. I was so impressed when the DVDs finally came out with the crystal clear black & white images, and later the gorgeous color ones.

Harry 

My DVD Collection

#1789 of 1929 OFFLINE   Mark Collins

Mark Collins

Screenwriter

• 2,341 posts

Posted July 31 2013 - 02:42 PM

The Seaview in blu-ray what great news!!  Bill Hunt claims October for release here and November has been confirmed for a release in the UK.  I hoped that Fox would release the feature film which launched the series in BD. 

#1790 of 1929 OFFLINE   Mark Collins

Mark Collins

Screenwriter

• 2,341 posts

Posted July 31 2013 - 02:56 PM

Here is what Bill wrote. 

By the way, following up on yesterday’s post, we’ve also gotten official confirmation from 20th Century Fox this morning that the Fantastic Voyage and Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea feature films are indeed coming to Blu-ray this year in the U.S. (street date TBA, probably October). The U.K. BD versions are currently set for release on 11/4. 

The weather in Chicago was so cold this weekend that we made the history books. I thought of getting out the Voyage Christmas episode but didn't.

#1791 of 1929 OFFLINE   KarlB737

KarlB737

Stunt Coordinator

• 55 posts

Posted August 03 2013 - 04:12 PM

[color=rgb(0,0,205);]Michael Ansara has passed.[/color]

http://www.wrex.com/...al-klingon-dies

[color=rgb(0,0,205);]From the Voyage movie:[/color]

[color=rgb(0,0,205);]Miguel Alverez[/color]

[color=rgb(0,0,205);]From Voyage the TV Series:[/color]

[color=rgb(0,0,205);]Season One - Episode:  Hotline[/color]

[color=rgb(0,0,205);]Gregory Malinoff[/color]

[color=rgb(0,0,205);]Season Two - Episode:  Killers of the Deep[/color]

[color=rgb(0,0,205);]Captain Tomas Ruiz[/color]

Edited by KarlB737, August 03 2013 - 04:15 PM.

#1792 of 1929 OFFLINE   Mark Collins

Mark Collins

Screenwriter

• 2,341 posts

Posted August 07 2013 - 02:44 PM

I should have made a response to this before.  I am sorry Karl. 

[color=rgb(0,0,205);]Michael Ansara[/color]  was in the movie the series and two episodes of the Time Tunnel.  The first early TT episode was one of the best.  The second he had that silver paint on him.  Has anyone ever described what that junk was that they always put on Aliens in Irwin Allen shows?

Hey Harry could you perhaps  bring up some photos for us of Michael from the Voyage movie the series  Killers of the Deep and the two TT episodes?

I have always wondered if the movie is where Michael and Miss Eden met and married later on.

Edited by Mark Collins, August 07 2013 - 03:29 PM.

#1793 of 1929 OFFLINE   Harry-N

Harry-N

Screenwriter

• 2,277 posts

Posted August 08 2013 - 04:18 AM

Edited by Harry-N, August 08 2013 - 04:37 AM.

My DVD Collection

#1794 of 1929 OFFLINE   Harry-N

Harry-N

Screenwriter

• 2,277 posts

Posted August 08 2013 - 04:23 AM

-

Edited by Harry-N, August 08 2013 - 04:37 AM.

My DVD Collection

#1795 of 1929 OFFLINE   Harry-N

Harry-N

Screenwriter

• 2,277 posts

Posted August 08 2013 - 04:27 AM

Sorry about the two blank posts above - I'm having difficulty with the photo adds.

From the VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA motion picture

APR_MichaelAnsaraVTTBOTS.JPG APR_MichaelAnsaraVTTBOTSM.JPG

Edited by Harry-N, August 08 2013 - 04:40 AM.

My DVD Collection

#1796 of 1929 OFFLINE   Harry-N

Harry-N

Screenwriter

• 2,277 posts

Posted August 08 2013 - 04:39 AM

From the "Killers Of The Deep" episode of VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA

APR_MichaelAnsaraVTTBOTSTV.jpg

My DVD Collection

#1797 of 1929 OFFLINE   Harry-N

Harry-N

Screenwriter

• 2,277 posts

Posted August 08 2013 - 04:45 AM

From THE TIME TUNNEL TV series episodes "Secret Weapon" and "The Kidnappers"

14_MichaelAnsara.JPG 06_BoysHruda.JPG 14_MichaelAnsara28.JPG 07_TonyDougSeated.JPG

My DVD Collection

#1798 of 1929 OFFLINE   Mark Collins

Mark Collins

Screenwriter

• 2,341 posts

Posted August 08 2013 - 05:16 AM

Thanks Harry for the photos!  I still wonder what was used for that silver paint.

#1799 of 1929 OFFLINE   Mark Collins

Mark Collins

Screenwriter

• 2,341 posts

Posted September 16 2013 - 09:45 AM

The Seaview has left the dock along with Tony and Doug into the Time Tunnel.  I always watch Tunnel every year episode by episode right into the finale in the spring.  The same with Voyage.  I decided this year to watch the "Windows 8" Seaview (private joke between Harry and I) for this year. I am also of course watching season 4 and the much talked about season 3.  Watching season 1 for the 3rd time I am seeing how good the video looks.  Remember the Voyage Movie comes out on October 8th in blu-ray. 

The movie and the new books from Alfa Contol are the main reason for the post so fans would not forget if they wished to purchase any of the above.

#1800 of 1929 OFFLINE   Gary OS

Gary OS

Producer

• 4,624 posts

Posted September 16 2013 - 10:56 AM

I decided this year to watch the "Windows 8" Seaview (private joke between Harry and I) for this year.

And here I thought I was in on that one, Mark (seeing as how I love the 8 window Seaview so much).  ;)

Gary "long live the crew of VTTBOTS" O.

"Do not challenge supernatural unless armed with sword of truth"
                                             ...CHARLIE CHAN AT TREASURE ISLAND

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users