What's new

A new Best Buy Preferred Customer Weekend (1 Viewer)

Dillon*G

Second Unit
I received some coupons in the mail saying there is going to be a Preferred Customer weekend 7-23 thru 7-26.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I sure hope they have one (or more) in Sept. to help me with a heavy month of DVD purchases!

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
If there is one in September, it'll be Labor Day weekend. They often coincide with the long-weekend national holidays.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
I used to get these coupons all the time. I haven't seen them in over a year... It's not like I've stopped buying there... I wonder how I got unpreferred? What up BB?

Ric

Paul D G

Screenwriter
I'm not even sure how I got on the list (tho I didn't get any this time). The only way they could have gotten my address is from a rain check I put on a hard drive they had advertised but didn't have in stock.

They never contacted me to say they got more in stock.

-paul

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Paul,

They won't contact you about a raincheck item. You have to physically go to the store to see if the product is in stock. I had to do the same with the Jurassic Park/Lost World Box Set. The store are school never called and I found it one weekend when I was at home.

And come to think of it, I haven't seen any coupons recently. But there were some in my latest Best Buy bill...15% off any media purchase $50 or more when you put it in your BB charge.

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
My Dad gets them, and he isn't in the RZ. Sometimes he gets them and I don't, I'm in the RZ.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I don't understand the criteria for these specials: the first one (Memorial Day weekend, IIRC) came in the mail (three coupons, I believe) and the second one (Father's Day) was an email with printable coupon. I am a RZ member, too.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
According to the RZ website, there is a deal going on July 18th thru the 24th: spend $75-$124.99 (on a single receipt) and get double points; spend over $125.00 (ditto) and get TRIPLE points!!! Looks like I'm shopping this week...

Paul D G

Screenwriter

Kinda pointless even taking a raincheck then, isn't it? They take my name, address, phone number and the item I'm looking for and then I have to keep checking back to see if the item is in stock? I could have done that without spending 15 mins filling out the form with the clerk. Proper customer service would have been a phone call alerting me that the item was in stock and one was being held for me at the Customer Service desk if I still wanted it.

At any rate, it was two years ago. I gave them a week then bought the item elsewhere.

-paul

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Has anyone gotten a free RewardZone renewal this year? I understand that the test markets got one last year, but I haven't heard anything this year. I see in the fine print that if you let it lapse that you lose all your points even if you renew again, so I'll probably renew this week or next since mine expires 7/31.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Mark, no word yet. I let a deal expire (July 14th) that said if I renewed and spent $200 I would get 3 bonus $5 RZ coupons in addition to the points I would get w/ the purchase (hence more than making up for the $9.99 charge) but I wasn't interested in enough things to total up to $200.

I'm going to hold out until the last possible minute. Living literally across the street from a Best Buy I am not too worried about not being able to get out there on the 31st. ;)

RyanAn

Screenwriter
Any chance someone could explain the benefits of joining the Reward Zone or at least send a link?

Ryan

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock

Mine expires 7/31, as well. Starting a few weeks ago, everytime through the checkout, I was asked if I wanted to renew. I kept putting it off. Then last week, I got an email with a printable coupon in it:

Receive 25,000 bonus points equal to $10 in reward certificates when you renew your membership for just $9.99 by August 4, 2004.*

*Present this postcard and membership card to cashier at time of purchase. Limit one per coupon, per membership. Not valid in combination with any other offers or on prior purchases. Redeem in-store only; only on in-stock items. Cash value of 1/100 of 1 cent. Coupon valid 7/7/04 - 8/4/04. Limit one renewal offer per membership per transaction.

So basically, it'll be free to join again this year.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
I just renewed a couple of weeks ago for my third year. I paid for the first and received the second, free. Over the last two years I have received $165.

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
Carlo, I'll see if I can make a PDF of the coupon so you can print it (I need to figure out how to remove the mail headers and then print to the Acrobat PDF printer...).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks