What's new

Hero - Extended Edition DVD - OUT NOW! (1 Viewer)

Chris Roberts

Stunt Coordinator
According to Monkey Peaches (sorry I can't post the URL) this was release in China today in three editions.

Left: Premium Edition (DVD-9), wooden box set, Hero extended version (118 minutes) with Simplified Chinese and English subtitles, bonus materials (62 minutes), plus a picture book.

Mid: Basic Edition (DVD-9), Hero extended version (118 minutes) with Simplified Chinese and English subtitles, bonus materials (32 minutes), plus a picture book.

Right: Basic Edition (DVD-5), Hero extended version (118 minutes) with Simplified Chinese and English subtitles.

Note: products will be available for the market in approximately one week.

*cover pictures on the site*

Sten F

Second Unit
Here is the image:

Release date July 22nd.
Region 0 and supposedly PAL only.

Apparently, no DTS on this Extended Edition. What a shame.

Phil_La

Stunt Coordinator
I bought the premium edition on ebay last night. The seller lists it as NTSC and DTS as well.

Sten F

Second Unit
I don´t think it comes with DTS. No e-tailer mention any DTS, and Ebay description cannot be trusted.

mathieu_l

Auditioning
Hi!

I wrote to 4 online retailers who sell the extended version of Hero for confirmation of the video format, widescreen enhancement and DTS audio presence.

I haven't got any replies yet, except for Layoyo.com and they said they would confirm tomorrow.

What I can say is that 3 out of 4 of these legit online retailers list the dvd as PAL without DTS and they don't specify wether it's anamorphic or not (that would be dumb IMHO).

Let's wait and hope it's not a major disappointment...

BTW, the retailers are DDDHouse.com Layoyo.com DVDAsian.com and Edaymovie.com.

Phil_La

Stunt Coordinator
mathieu, did you get any responses?

I just checked all four of those websites. I don't know if they listed these specs at the time you made your post, but this is what they each list now:

DVDAsian.com
DTS, NTSC, anamorphic

Edaymovie.com
DTS, NTSC, doesn't specify anamorphic or letterbox

Layoyo.com
NTSC

DDDHouse.com
PAL, no DTS, letterbox

Let's hope DVDAsian is correct.

mathieu_l

Auditioning
-----UPDATE----- 2004-07-22

DVDAsian.com and Layoyo.com now list the DVD as Region Free NTSC. Also, DVDAsian.com states that it's anamorphic and contains DTS.

So 3 out of the 4 retailers now state that it's NTSC. Now, we'll have to confirm if it's anamorphic or not and if it contains DTS.

eBay sellers ForeignMovieBuff and mydvdstores both confirmed that it was NTSC anamorphic and has DTS.

Sten F

Second Unit
I think we need to wait until forum members actually has them in their hands, and can confirm the specifications are, which seem to be mixed depending where you read the info.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Assuming this does turn out to be NTSC & Reg 0, how reliable is DVDasian? I've never ordered from them.

DavidGT

Stunt Coordinator
I just got an email from Edaymovie and they sd they will ship out my copy which is the one with the brown cover premium edition by 7/26. I will let everyone know what's the lowdown as soon as get it. Look forward to see what the extra 20 minutes has in store and I think the PQ and audio will be even better than last years release. We shall see soon.

Sten F

Second Unit
Sound & picture better than the 2-disc Edko release!!!

I find that very hard to believe. That was one of the best DVD of 2003 in terms of best sound. But, hey, I hope you are right. Keep us posted.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
If I do pick up one of the DVDs from KoreanDVDs, which of the three should I go for?

(sorry for the cluelessness) :)

Phil_La

Stunt Coordinator
I'd definitely get the premium edition if you like special features and nice packaging.

koreandvds doesn't list DTS on the basic ($5) edition, however they do list DTS on the "standard basic" ($8) edition. So maybe it is possible just the least expensive one doesn't have DTS. If that's the case, then I'd at least get the $8 one if you only want the movie with less special features.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks