What's new

New NIN news (1 Viewer)

Elliott Willschick

Second Unit
In NIN news, the new CD is due early in 2005. However, the Downward Spiral has been remixed in 5.1 as well as Closure will see a release on DVD. I wonder if TDS will be on SACD or DVD-Audio?

dan fritzen

Second Unit
This is good news, I always thought Trents music would be a perfect fit for 5.1. I have read he adds a lot of sounds to his music even when it is overshadowed by other stuff that you do not hear it, maybe this will come out in the 5.1 mix.

He has not said what format it will be, CD, DVD, DVD-A, SACD, any guesses?

AricB

Second Unit
Killer... I've been waiting for Closure for years. the live portion, hopefully it includes some of the David Bowie set.

dan fritzen

Second Unit
Should be a good album, wonder which will be out first Doom 3 with Trent's 5.1 soundtrack or Bleed through?

He also said no instrumental on this album, but he may release a instrumental only album in the future.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Trent didn't do the Doom3 soundtrack though, Dan. And Doom3 is coming out August 6th...

dan fritzen

Second Unit

That would explain no mention on nin.com about Doom 3, too bad he would have made it creepy. So it was only a rumor. Didn't he do some other game?

Doom 3, Aug 6th, care to bet on that?

Aaron Cooke

Second Unit
Trent did do the Quake 2 soundtrack, and he was working on the DOOM3 soundtrack for a long time, but eventually with the seemingly neverending delays with the game i guess it was just taking too much time and he left the project. I haven't heard anything about whether the work he did before he left was completely scrapped or if some of it will still be in the final game.

Shane D

Supporting Actor
he did the first quake game, and it has never been said why he ended up not doing the music for doom as far as i've seen. I remember all were excited about it when it was first getting started

Nick_G

Stunt Coordinator
when reznor was just a local boy from a little farm town close to here where he grew up we used to call him "Trend" Reznor because he would jump on the latest "trend" that was happening at the moment.

if the latest thing was painting your naked body florescent yellow and shoving a broom stick up your behind and lighting it on fire "trend" would be right there doing it!!

now he comes into town occasionally and forgets to ever speak to us "lowlife" musicians who actually had the nerve to desecrate the same clubs and stages he used to play on when he used a frikkin' ironing board for a keyboard stand.

screw him AND his so called "angst". after living off of his grandpa's money for so many years he has no idea about the "angst" that is so near and dear to his songwriting heart.

he was an punk 20 years ago and he's still a punk, regardless of any "success" he's had.

some people forget their roots and he's one of them!!

sour grapes?...no. just one who doesn't forget where they came from -- a little boobtown in western PA.

dan fritzen

Second Unit

Your forgetting the whole he has angst feelings then goes buys a porsche what a sellout angle!

Seriously, interesting story, but we all do stupid things as kids, I see no shame in him wanting to be liked.

I am sure Trent is no boyscout, but I thouroghly enjoy his work.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Despite predictions to the contrary, this thread hasn't been closed. A few posts and one user have been removed, though.

Please continue.

M.

Rudi B

Stunt Coordinator
Reznor did the Quake 1 soundtrack. Quake 2's soundtrack was written by Sonic Mayhem, Quake 3's was Sonic Mayhem and Front Line Assembly.

And The Fragile in 5.1 SACD/DVD-A/DTS, please. With no clipped samples. One of the most sonically diverse albums ever, IMHO.

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
Nick,

Those are some interesting insights, and I don't doubt their validity at all.

But I love the guy's music. Can't wait for this release. The man is a genius in creating soundscapes.

dan fritzen

Second Unit
No info on Doom 3 yet? Would be cool to play the xbox version in 5.1 if it is Trent created, keep this thread going if anyone finds the answer, unfortunately I am not buying the game anytime soon so I cannot check the credits.

What is the still video people ask Trent about?

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
Rudi, I agree with you on the Fragile. It definetly needs a surround sound release.

The Downward Spiral is now listed on SACD lists.
check it out Here its four up from the bottom of the list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks