Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

New NIN news

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
140 replies to this topic

#1 of 141 Elliott Willschick

Elliott Willschick

Second Unit

• 333 posts

Posted July 15 2004 - 04:01 AM

In NIN news, the new CD is due early in 2005. However, the Downward Spiral has been remixed in 5.1 as well as Closure will see a release on DVD. I wonder if TDS will be on SACD or DVD-Audio?
If this is your first night, you have to fight

#2 of 141 dan fritzen

dan fritzen

Second Unit

• 304 posts

Posted July 15 2004 - 04:14 AM

This is good news, I always thought Trents music would be a perfect fit for 5.1. I have read he adds a lot of sounds to his music even when it is overshadowed by other stuff that you do not hear it, maybe this will come out in the 5.1 mix.

He has not said what format it will be, CD, DVD, DVD-A, SACD, any guesses?
"Other than that Mrs. Lincoln how did you enjoy the show?"

#3 of 141 AricB

AricB

Second Unit

• 431 posts

Posted July 15 2004 - 04:45 AM

Killer... I've been waiting for Closure for years. the live portion, hopefully it includes some of the David Bowie set.

#4 of 141 Paul_Stachniak

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter

• 1,303 posts

Posted July 15 2004 - 07:22 AM

Apprently Dave Grohl is drumming on this album too. That's awesome news.
DVD Collection | Video Game Collection | Live Gamertag: vicodinjunkie

#5 of 141 dan fritzen

dan fritzen

Second Unit

• 304 posts

Posted July 15 2004 - 08:23 AM

Should be a good album, wonder which will be out first Doom 3 with Trent's 5.1 soundtrack or Bleed through?

He also said no instrumental on this album, but he may release a instrumental only album in the future.

#6 of 141 BrianB

BrianB

Producer

• 5,211 posts

Posted July 15 2004 - 09:34 AM

Trent didn't do the Doom3 soundtrack though, Dan. And Doom3 is coming out August 6th...
high resolution ipod featuring dlp hd programming is the best, almost as good as playstation 2 with wega windows media on a super cd! ps2 and tivo do dolby tv with broadband hdtv!

#7 of 141 dan fritzen

dan fritzen

Second Unit

• 304 posts

Posted July 15 2004 - 11:19 AM

Quote:
Trent didn't do the Doom3 soundtrack though, Dan. And Doom3 is coming out August 6th...

That would explain no mention on nin.com about Doom 3, too bad he would have made it creepy. So it was only a rumor. Didn't he do some other game?

Doom 3, Aug 6th, care to bet on that?

#8 of 141 John Milton

John Milton

Second Unit

• 291 posts

Posted July 15 2004 - 04:01 PM

Please let TDS be a hybrid sacd. Hopefully PHM will get the same treatment too.

#9 of 141 Chris

Chris

Lead Actor

• 6,790 posts

Posted July 15 2004 - 06:13 PM

I believe Quake2 featured a soundtrack he managed.
My Current DVD-Profiler

"I've been Ostrafied!" - Christopher, Sopranos 5/6/07

#10 of 141 Aaron Cooke

Aaron Cooke

Second Unit

• 320 posts

Posted July 16 2004 - 02:08 AM

Trent did do the Quake 2 soundtrack, and he was working on the DOOM3 soundtrack for a long time, but eventually with the seemingly neverending delays with the game i guess it was just taking too much time and he left the project. I haven't heard anything about whether the work he did before he left was completely scrapped or if some of it will still be in the final game.

#11 of 141 Shane D

Shane D

Supporting Actor

• 651 posts

Posted July 16 2004 - 02:56 AM

he did the first quake game, and it has never been said why he ended up not doing the music for doom as far as i've seen. I remember all were excited about it when it was first getting started

#12 of 141 dan fritzen

dan fritzen

Second Unit

• 304 posts

Posted July 16 2004 - 04:11 AM

I will ask him on his website, hopefully he will reply.

#13 of 141 BrianB

BrianB

Producer

• 5,211 posts

Posted July 16 2004 - 04:38 AM

Quote:
That would explain no mention on nin.com about Doom 3, too bad he would have made it creepy. So it was only a rumor. Didn't he do some other game?

Doom 3, Aug 6th, care to bet on that?

Sure, I'll take that bet. From ID's website:

Quote:
DOOM 3 HAS GONE GOLD! IT'S DONE!!!!!!

So, the next question is release dates. Retailers in the States will be allowed to pick up games starting at 12:01 AM on August 3rd. The official street date is actually August 5th in the U.S.A., but some of your favorite stores will probably have it early for those of you who have to have it first. Check with your local retailer for that information.

So I was a day out Posted Image Good enough for ya? What do I win? Posted Image
high resolution ipod featuring dlp hd programming is the best, almost as good as playstation 2 with wega windows media on a super cd! ps2 and tivo do dolby tv with broadband hdtv!

#14 of 141 Nick_G

Nick_G

Stunt Coordinator

• 67 posts

Posted July 16 2004 - 03:33 PM

when reznor was just a local boy from a little farm town close to here where he grew up we used to call him "Trend" Reznor because he would jump on the latest "trend" that was happening at the moment.

if the latest thing was painting your naked body florescent yellow and shoving a broom stick up your behind and lighting it on fire "trend" would be right there doing it!!

now he comes into town occasionally and forgets to ever speak to us "lowlife" musicians who actually had the nerve to desecrate the same clubs and stages he used to play on when he used a frikkin' ironing board for a keyboard stand.

screw him AND his so called "angst". after living off of his grandpa's money for so many years he has no idea about the "angst" that is so near and dear to his songwriting heart.

he was an punk 20 years ago and he's still a punk, regardless of any "success" he's had.

some people forget their roots and he's one of them!!

sour grapes?...no. just one who doesn't forget where they came from -- a little boobtown in western PA.

#15 of 141 dan fritzen

dan fritzen

Second Unit

• 304 posts

Posted July 16 2004 - 04:05 PM

Quote:
some people forget their roots and he's one of them!!

Your forgetting the whole he has angst feelings then goes buys a porsche what a sellout angle!

Seriously, interesting story, but we all do stupid things as kids, I see no shame in him wanting to be liked.

I am sure Trent is no boyscout, but I thouroghly enjoy his work.

#16 of 141 Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben

Studio Mogul

• 21,769 posts

Posted July 20 2004 - 03:57 AM

Despite predictions to the contrary, this thread hasn't been closed. A few posts and one user have been removed, though.

Please continue.

M.

COMPLETE list of my disc reviews.       HTF Rules / 200920102011 Film Lists

#17 of 141 Rudi B

Rudi B

Stunt Coordinator

• 143 posts

Posted July 20 2004 - 04:59 AM

Reznor did the Quake 1 soundtrack. Quake 2's soundtrack was written by Sonic Mayhem, Quake 3's was Sonic Mayhem and Front Line Assembly.

And The Fragile in 5.1 SACD/DVD-A/DTS, please. With no clipped samples. One of the most sonically diverse albums ever, IMHO.

#18 of 141 Andrew Bunk

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter

• 1,825 posts

Posted July 20 2004 - 05:39 AM

Nick,

Those are some interesting insights, and I don't doubt their validity at all.

But I love the guy's music. Can't wait for this release. The man is a genius in creating soundscapes.
My DVD, Blu-Ray and HD DVD Collection @ DVDSpot

#19 of 141 dan fritzen

dan fritzen

Second Unit

• 304 posts

Posted July 20 2004 - 05:54 AM

No info on Doom 3 yet? Would be cool to play the xbox version in 5.1 if it is Trent created, keep this thread going if anyone finds the answer, unfortunately I am not buying the game anytime soon so I cannot check the credits.

What is the still video people ask Trent about?

#20 of 141 Jean D

Jean D

Screenwriter

• 1,329 posts

Posted September 24 2004 - 12:50 AM

Rudi, I agree with you on the Fragile. It definetly needs a surround sound release.

The Downward Spiral is now listed on SACD lists.
check it out Here its four up from the bottom of the list.

Gear: Crestron AADS, Crestron 4L, RTI T2C, SVS PC 16-46, Xbox 360, Wii, Bass Shakers, TiVo HD, Toshiba A3 HD-DVD, 42" Panasonic TH-42PWD8UK, two Denon AVR-2106's, Speaker Craft Aim 7 Five's, Samsung HD-950 DVD player.

Back to Music & Soundtracks

Forum Nav Content I Follow