What's new

Info wanted for Canon Rebel G underwater housing (1 Viewer)

Peter Overduin

Supporting Actor
Hello folks. I am a diver and would like to get a underwater housing for my Rebel G SLR film camera. Not a lot of knowledge in this area, so would appreciate any help. Thanks.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Not sure if anyone can offer a better option, but you can try Sea & Sea or Ikelite for one. However, unless they actually offer different housings for film vs digital, be prepared to pay way more than you might expect. Typically, they charge way more for their housing for a particular camera body than the camera body itself. So for the Digital Rebel, it might be ~$1.5K. For my Nikon D70, I believe Sea & Sea has one for ~$2K. And that's just for the body itself, not the lens, external flash, etc.

Check out your most likely options over at B&H's site:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...dren&Q=&ci=585

Here's one I spotted there:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...u=97143&is=REG

BTW, I don't actually know anything about underwater photography. This is just stuff I recall seeing mentioned over in DPReview.

_Man_

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I'm have the same level of knowledge, but you can also check Ewa Marine products. These aren't hard housings but heavy duty bags that are sized for types of cameras. May be cheaper than getting a specific housing for a specific model.

Peter Overduin

Supporting Actor
Thanks, folks. Looks like I'd be farther ahead buying a whole unit designed for underwater photography. I know there are housings for Canon digital cameras that are in the 300 dollar range, and a good 5 mp camera can be had for about 500 - so that's a whole lot cheaper than some of the options I'm seeing. Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks