Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Parker Lewis Can't Lose - any rumours??

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
18 replies to this topic

#1 of 19 OFFLINE   BrianNK

BrianNK

Auditioning

• 13 posts

Posted July 12 2004 - 04:20 PM

Hey all,

Was just fondly recalling my favourite TV shows from the early nineties & realized that "Parker Lewis Can't Lose" isn't available on DVD yet. It aired for 3-4 seasons, when shows from the same era (like "Sledge Hammer") are soon to be available on DVD. I know I'm not alone in thinking this show was great (except for the last season - network execs ran it into the ground) - there has to be a cult following somewhere out there waiting in the shadows. If anyone has heard rumours or knows where I can go to make a difference on this issue, please pipe up with the info.

Thanks in advance,
BrianNK

#2 of 19 OFFLINE   James Spraggs

James Spraggs

Stunt Coordinator

• 74 posts

Posted July 12 2004 - 05:43 PM

"Gentlemen, synchronize Swatches!"

I would love to have this on dvd. Very funny show, and one I remember fondly.

#3 of 19 OFFLINE   Steve_Knutzen

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter

• 1,317 posts

Posted July 12 2004 - 06:05 PM

I voted for it during the last two Columbia surveys. Don't know how many else did. But I do know that the world needs Kubiac on DVD!
"Oh I can hold my breath for a long, long time!"

http://www.dvdprofil....s=TromaFiend02

#4 of 19 OFFLINE   David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,386 posts

Posted July 13 2004 - 04:07 AM

Nothing heard here yet, sorry!
DAVE/Memphis, TN

...Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#5 of 19 OFFLINE   WillG

WillG

Producer

• 5,227 posts

Posted July 13 2004 - 04:08 AM

It would be interesting to see this again. I liked it when it was on (until it was ruined, anyway. the show had about four of five jumps in the later seasons) But somehow, I get the feeling that this might seem cheesy to me today. It was the same thing with "In Living Color" when I bought the DVD. Some was still real funny, but a good portion of the sketches were near painful to watch today.
STOP HIM! He's supposed to die!

#6 of 19 OFFLINE   BrianNK

BrianNK

Auditioning

• 13 posts

Posted July 13 2004 - 01:31 PM

Quote:
But somehow, I get the feeling that this might seem cheesy to me today. It was the same thing with "In Living Color" when I bought the DVD. Some was still real funny, but a good portion of the sketches were near painful to watch today.

I know what you mean, I thought about purchasing "Sledgehammer", but when I watched it I was 14 so I think it would be pretty lame now. I think of Parker lewis as a Ferris Bueller of the nineties and I still love "Ferris Bueller's Day Off", so maybe it will surpass my expectations, or maybe the studios know something I don't.

#7 of 19 OFFLINE   Charles Ellis

Charles Ellis

Screenwriter

• 1,907 posts

Posted July 14 2004 - 12:02 PM

A great show- this is where I first saw Tim Stack (who played Parker's dad), before "Son of The Beach", and Abraham Benrubi before "ER". This show should be rediscovered!!
Bring "The continuing story of PEYTON PLACE" home on DVD: the one that started it all- from Dallas and Dynasty to Desperate Housewives and Gossip Girl!!! Starting this May, see the legendary saga starring Mia Farrow, Ryan O'Neal, Barbara Parkins, and Oscar-winner Dorothy Malone on DVD thru...

#8 of 19 OFFLINE   Rob Dwyer

Rob Dwyer

Stunt Coordinator

• 70 posts

Posted July 15 2004 - 10:30 AM

Well, you can always catch Parker Lewis himself as Jonas Quinn in Season 6 of Stargate SG-1 Posted Image

#9 of 19 OFFLINE   Tony Kwong

Tony Kwong

Supporting Actor

• 521 posts

Posted July 15 2004 - 12:17 PM

Quote:
I think of Parker lewis as a Ferris Bueller of the nineties and I still love "Ferris Bueller's Day Off",

Well it came out at the same time as Ferris Bueller the TV series on NBC. I did a review of them 10+ years ago comparing the two, and mention this exact same thing. I also said "Parker Lewis is the new Ferris Bueller" as the Bueller show really sucked!
--/
tkmedia

Blu-Ray, HD DVD, WMV-HD DVD-ROM, D-Theater D-VHS, D5HD, HDCAM, W-VHS, MUSE LD, HDVS LD.
-too much recorded HD not enough time.

#10 of 19 OFFLINE   Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph

Producer

• 4,042 posts

Posted July 15 2004 - 07:15 PM

Bringin this up reminded me of the big Kube: Pizza and french fries on sourdough. I think I'll make one tomorrow.
My Collection

#11 of 19 OFFLINE   Matt Stone

Matt Stone

Lead Actor

• 9,070 posts

Posted July 16 2004 - 06:41 AM

Quote:
I also said "Parker Lewis is the new Ferris Bueller" as the Bueller show really sucked!

Wasn't Jennifer Aniston on the Ferris Bueller TV show? Man, you're right about it sucking...I was only 9 and I remember thinking it was stupid.
In Heaven, everything is fine.
[ 2006 Films | 2005 Films | 2004 Films | 2003 Films | YMDB Top 20 ]
[ Star Wars | Sideshow | HT | DVDs | LDs | AIM: Maulrat87 ]

#12 of 19 OFFLINE   BrianNK

BrianNK

Auditioning

• 13 posts

Posted July 16 2004 - 12:20 PM

Quote:
Well it came out at the same time as Ferris Bueller the TV series on NBC. I did a review of them 10+ years ago comparing the two, and mention this exact same thing

Holy crap, I didn't even know they did a Ferris Bueller TV show, but in my defence it was only on one season. I usually turn my nose up at TV remakes of popular movie anyway, they almost always suck. Yeah Jennifer aniston was a major actor in the show, but more importantly - it was directed by Mr David Banner himself - Bill Bixby.

#13 of 19 OFFLINE   Rob FM

Rob FM

Second Unit

• 471 posts

Posted December 29 2004 - 07:55 AM

Well, it's been 6 months...
Any word?

How many seasons did this show last?

Thanks,
~Rob

#14 of 19 OFFLINE   Tony Kwong

Tony Kwong

Supporting Actor

• 521 posts

Posted December 29 2004 - 08:51 AM

The show lasted a full 3 season order. Half hour show. 20-25 or so episodes per season. So it did fairly well for a Fox show.
--/
tkmedia

Blu-Ray, HD DVD, WMV-HD DVD-ROM, D-Theater D-VHS, D5HD, HDCAM, W-VHS, MUSE LD, HDVS LD.
-too much recorded HD not enough time.

#15 of 19 OFFLINE   JohnS

JohnS

Producer

• 4,597 posts

Posted August 21 2005 - 03:02 PM

I would definetly buy this. Loved watching it.

I think it should come with a piece of Jerry velcro on the back of the dvd set, so you can attach and detach it from you overcoatPosted Image

seriously though, I would love to see somekind of reunion doc or commentary. Doc would be nice, so you can see what they look like now.

all-banner.jpg

#16 of 19 OFFLINE   John*P

John*P

Second Unit

• 419 posts

Posted August 24 2005 - 09:15 PM

I only watched this show occasionally as a kid, but reading about it today, it seems like something I would really enjoy watching these days. I love surreal, bizarre, cartoony live-action humor. I would buy this show on DVD for sure.

#17 of 19 OFFLINE   ChadKo

ChadKo

Stunt Coordinator

• 165 posts

Posted August 25 2005 - 01:04 AM

"I know what you mean, I thought about purchasing "Sledgehammer", but when I watched it I was 14 so I think it would be pretty lame now."

Buy Sledge Hammer. You wont be disappointed. Its not as lame and I know that taking out the laugh tracks will breathe new air that you never felt before into the show.

Chad

#18 of 19 OFFLINE   Craig Beam

Craig Beam

Screenwriter

• 1,689 posts

Posted August 25 2005 - 02:32 AM

Oh man, I'd be all over Parker Lewis Can't Lose. That show was hysterical... Posted Image

#19 of 19 OFFLINE   John*D

John*D

Second Unit

• 492 posts

Posted August 25 2005 - 02:48 AM

You would think with Corin's fame on SG-1 that something would be released...

Back to TV on DVD and Blu-ray

Forum Nav Content I Follow