What's new

any chance of darkman spec ed or color of money ? (1 Viewer)

Mike Wadkins

Supporting Actor
what with spidy out any news on darkman as a spec ed?
also with scorsese doing new versions of his movies is there any word on the color of money ???

john mcfadden

Stunt Coordinator
I'd love a s.e. of Darkman !!!! one thing that would be welcome is the sound ...Its only in dolby surround 2.0 -blah ! and the picture was an obvious ld transfer..but after finding the disc for 8 bucks used ..i snatched it up in a heartbeat because i love the film ...too bad the sequels sucked ...but i still respect them ...sorta

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
The "Darkman" thread has been around in the past. So much was cut out of the film and tinkered with -- particularly much of the Colin Friels villain character -- that I'd love to see this with deleted scenes, commentary, etc. But it's Universal-- a studio that couldn't even come up with a plan to release a "Frighteners" SE DVD, despite having all of the materials on hand from the laserdisc and a certain Oscar-winning director of a certain trilogy to promote it. Sheesh!

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
I'd love to see a good Color of Money disc-is the current one even anamorphic? I own it, but can't remember offhand.

Mike Wadkins

Supporting Actor
the r2 is amamorphic on the color of money.

i agree on the frightners tho missed the laser and so want to see it but they re-did the thing for just an anamorphic pic and dazed and confused with extras.

but think of it, a superhero film from the director, d.o.p. and music conductor of spiderman2 !!!!!

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I'd pick both of these up, both are favorites of mine, and I've held off on both for better transfers (that includes Frighteners too, I hope to see a true SE one day, maybe when King Kong comes out?)

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I am hoping for a S.E of Darkman as well. Very underrated movie in my opinion. Cool poster too. It's framed in my room.
Bring it on!

Jason Walstrom

Supporting Actor
Darkman has been one of my favorites since seeing it 8 times in the theater. I would love a rockin' dvd with a great transfer and sound. It's got one of Elfman's best soundtracks too.

Bradley-E

Screenwriter
THE FRIGHTENERS is not available at the moment so perhaps a SE is on the way. Maybe around the time Peter Jackson's KING KONG is released in theatres. Universal needs to remaster TREMORS with a Anamorphic transfer.

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor
I'd buy a SE of Dead Alive also, though it's not Universal. I was hoping for SE's of some of these when LOTR was so big, but no luck.

Jeffrey Nelson

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeffrey Nelson

Forget the cut DEAD ALIVE and go for the uncut BRAIN DEAD, which I believe is available on import DVD. I've still got the old uncut Japanese laserdisc.

Re: DARKMAN, wasn't this cut by the studio before release? Would there be any chance of a longer version hitting DVD??? I'd love a special edition of this also. My vote for Raimi's finest (comparatively) big-budget cinematic hour.

Vincent-P

Second Unit
What are you talking about with Tremors? There are lots of extras, including trailers.

From DVDCompare.net:

R1 CE America - (Universal Pictures) Extras:"The Making Of Tremors" documentary (53:39)
Outtakes (5:13)
Featurette (3:59)
Production Notes (8pages)
Cast & Filmmakers:
- Kevin Bacon ('Valentine McKee') (7pages)
- Fred Ward ('Earl Basset') (5pages)
- Finn Carter ('Rhonda LeBeck') (3pages)
- Michael Gross ('Burt Gummer') (4pages)
- Reba McEntire ('Heather Gummer') (3pages)
- Ron Underwood (Director) (3pages)
2 Theatrical Trailers (4:04)
Kevin Bacon Profile (3:02)
Michael Gross Profile (2:29)
Reba McEntire Profile (2:03)
Production Photographs
Bonus Trailer:
- "Tremors 2: Aftershocks" (2:03)

Jeffrey Nelson

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeffrey Nelson
Wow...geez, I could swear that I've looked at the back of the cover a dozen times in stores and never seen anything like that listed...I really must be going mad...thanks for setting me straight, Vincent. I will now put that on my "to get" list!

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
The original Tremors artwork does not list any extras. In fact, all of the original artwork for Universal's early SEs omitted listing the extras on the back.

The new artwork for Daylight and Dante's Peak includes listing the extras.

Jeffrey Nelson

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeffrey Nelson
Oh good...I wasn't going mad after all. The artwork doesn't list the extras? How stupid of a marketing tactic is that? What the hell were they thinking??? I looked at it, and I said, "THIS is a Collector's Edition? Who are they kidding? I'm waiting for the REAL deal!"

Idiots...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks