Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

any chance of darkman spec ed or color of money ?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
29 replies to this topic

#1 of 30 OFFLINE   Mike Wadkins

Mike Wadkins

Supporting Actor

• 957 posts

Posted July 12 2004 - 08:53 AM

what with spidy out any news on darkman as a spec ed?
also with scorsese doing new versions of his movies is there any word on the color of money ???

#2 of 30 OFFLINE   john mcfadden

john mcfadden

Stunt Coordinator

• 240 posts

Posted July 12 2004 - 03:51 PM

I'd love a s.e. of Darkman !!!! one thing that would be welcome is the sound ...Its only in dolby surround 2.0 -blah ! and the picture was an obvious ld transfer..but after finding the disc for 8 bucks used ..i snatched it up in a heartbeat because i love the film ...too bad the sequels sucked ...but i still respect them ...sorta

#3 of 30 OFFLINE   Mark Cappelletty

Mark Cappelletty

Screenwriter

• 2,134 posts

Posted July 12 2004 - 11:25 PM

The "Darkman" thread has been around in the past. So much was cut out of the film and tinkered with -- particularly much of the Colin Friels villain character -- that I'd love to see this with deleted scenes, commentary, etc. But it's Universal-- a studio that couldn't even come up with a plan to release a "Frighteners" SE DVD, despite having all of the materials on hand from the laserdisc and a certain Oscar-winning director of a certain trilogy to promote it. Sheesh!

#4 of 30 OFFLINE   Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon

Screenwriter

• 2,071 posts

Posted July 13 2004 - 12:01 AM

I'd love to see a good Color of Money disc-is the current one even anamorphic? I own it, but can't remember offhand.
XBox Live Gamertag:ChrisBardon

#5 of 30 OFFLINE   Mike Wadkins

Mike Wadkins

Supporting Actor

• 957 posts

Posted July 13 2004 - 04:59 AM

the r2 is amamorphic on the color of money.

i agree on the frightners tho missed the laser and so want to see it but they re-did the thing for just an anamorphic pic and dazed and confused with extras.

but think of it, a superhero film from the director, d.o.p. and music conductor of spiderman2 !!!!!

#6 of 30 OFFLINE   Russell G

Russell G

Executive Producer

• 10,051 posts
  • LocationDeadmonton

Posted July 13 2004 - 06:58 AM

I'd pick both of these up, both are favorites of mine, and I've held off on both for better transfers (that includes Frighteners too, I hope to see a true SE one day, maybe when King Kong comes out?)

#7 of 30 OFFLINE   Mike Wadkins

Mike Wadkins

Supporting Actor

• 957 posts

Posted July 13 2004 - 08:53 AM

not counting chickens yet lol

#8 of 30 OFFLINE   Neil_Duffy

Neil_Duffy

Second Unit

• 320 posts

Posted July 13 2004 - 10:43 AM

NO Darkman Se... NO Frightneres Se... 2 huge DVD crimes... one day, maybe... one day...

#9 of 30 OFFLINE   Jake Johnson

Jake Johnson

Second Unit

• 367 posts

Posted July 13 2004 - 01:15 PM

I'd be all over Darkman and Frighteners SE's.
Jake J.
Chief?
McCloud!
"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few"
My Sweet Cuppin' Cake of a DVD Collectionwww.thedigitalbits.com

#10 of 30 OFFLINE   Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph

Producer

• 4,042 posts

Posted July 13 2004 - 09:26 PM

I'm sure Anchor Bay would love to license Darkman if Universal were willing.
My Collection

#11 of 30 OFFLINE   Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman

Producer

• 4,184 posts

Posted April 05 2005 - 10:28 AM

I am hoping for a S.E of Darkman as well. Very underrated movie in my opinion. Cool poster too. It's framed in my room.
Bring it on!

#12 of 30 OFFLINE   Jason Walstrom

Jason Walstrom

Supporting Actor

• 808 posts

Posted April 06 2005 - 02:37 AM

Darkman has been one of my favorites since seeing it 8 times in the theater. I would love a rockin' dvd with a great transfer and sound. It's got one of Elfman's best soundtracks too.
Nowhere In Mulberry~The Weekly Podcast Commentary of Film, Television and Pop Culture! iTunes

#13 of 30 OFFLINE   Bradley-E

Bradley-E

Screenwriter

• 1,019 posts

Posted April 06 2005 - 05:23 AM

THE FRIGHTENERS is not available at the moment so perhaps a SE is on the way. Maybe around the time Peter Jackson's KING KONG is released in theatres. Universal needs to remaster TREMORS with a Anamorphic transfer.

#14 of 30 OFFLINE   Mike Wadkins

Mike Wadkins

Supporting Actor

• 957 posts

Posted April 06 2005 - 06:46 AM

my lord my thread she be bump'd

#15 of 30 OFFLINE   Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D

Screenwriter

• 2,688 posts

Posted April 06 2005 - 11:09 AM

Quote:
NO Darkman Se... NO Frightners Se... 2 huge DVD crimes...

I'll add another DVD crime that Universal should correct as well........The Shadow: at least the above two titles have anamorphic transfers- with this title we are stuck with a FULL-FRAME atrocity for both the DD and DTS releases.....Universal, the time has come to release SE's of each of these films....and don't skimp on the extras either. Posted Image
Recently watched- Robocop(2014), Lethal Weapon 4, Lethal Weapon 3, Lethal Weapon 2, Lethal Weapon, Home Alone 2: Lost In New York, Home Alone, An American Christmas Carol, It's A Spongebob Christmas!, Four Christmases, Love & Other Drugs, Assault On Precinct 13(1976), Lovejoy Christmas Specials, Die Hard 2: Die Harder, Die Hard, Up 3D

Currently watching- Planet Earth, True Blood: Season 2, Gatchaman: The Complete Series, The Equalizer: Season 2, Tales From The Crypt: Season 2, WKRP In Cincinnati: Season 1, Arrow: Season 2, Star Trek: Season 1

"Keep the change your filthy animal!"

#16 of 30 OFFLINE   Josh Simpson

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor

• 926 posts

Posted April 07 2005 - 02:51 AM

I'd buy a SE of Dead Alive also, though it's not Universal. I was hoping for SE's of some of these when LOTR was so big, but no luck.

#17 of 30 OFFLINE   Jeffrey Nelson

Jeffrey Nelson

Screenwriter

• 1,066 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted April 07 2005 - 08:03 PM

Quote:
Universal needs to remaster TREMORS with a Anamorphic transfer.

TREMORS is one of the most laughable "collector's edition"s EVER. Totally bare-bones, not even a trailer, and not even anamorphic. Pathetic. This could REALLY use a special edition.

Quote:
I'd buy a SE of Dead Alive also, though it's not Universal. I was hoping for SE's of some of these when LOTR was so big, but no luck.

Forget the cut DEAD ALIVE and go for the uncut BRAIN DEAD, which I believe is available on import DVD. I've still got the old uncut Japanese laserdisc.

Re: DARKMAN, wasn't this cut by the studio before release? Would there be any chance of a longer version hitting DVD??? I'd love a special edition of this also. My vote for Raimi's finest (comparatively) big-budget cinematic hour.

#18 of 30 OFFLINE   Vincent-P

Vincent-P

Second Unit

• 334 posts

Posted April 08 2005 - 03:42 AM

What are you talking about with Tremors? There are lots of extras, including trailers.

From DVDCompare.net:

R1 CE America - (Universal Pictures) Extras:"The Making Of Tremors" documentary (53:39)
Outtakes (5:13)
Featurette (3:59)
Production Notes (8pages)
Cast & Filmmakers:
- Kevin Bacon ('Valentine McKee') (7pages)
- Fred Ward ('Earl Basset') (5pages)
- Finn Carter ('Rhonda LeBeck') (3pages)
- Michael Gross ('Burt Gummer') (4pages)
- Reba McEntire ('Heather Gummer') (3pages)
- Ron Underwood (Director) (3pages)
2 Theatrical Trailers (4:04)
Kevin Bacon Profile (3:02)
Michael Gross Profile (2:29)
Reba McEntire Profile (2:03)
Production Photographs
Bonus Trailer:
- "Tremors 2: Aftershocks" (2:03)

#19 of 30 OFFLINE   Jeffrey Nelson

Jeffrey Nelson

Screenwriter

• 1,066 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted April 21 2005 - 05:33 PM

Wow...geez, I could swear that I've looked at the back of the cover a dozen times in stores and never seen anything like that listed...I really must be going mad...thanks for setting me straight, Vincent. I will now put that on my "to get" list!

#20 of 30 OFFLINE   rutger_s

rutger_s

Supporting Actor

• 878 posts

Posted April 22 2005 - 09:36 AM

The original Tremors artwork does not list any extras. In fact, all of the original artwork for Universal's early SEs omitted listing the extras on the back.

The new artwork for Daylight and Dante's Peak includes listing the extras.

Forum Nav Content I Follow