What's new

Young Indiana Jones-Any word? (1 Viewer)

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
I remember there was talk of releasing all of the Young Indy episodes at some point (I even remember hearing 2004) back when the movies were first announced. Has there been any more news on these discs? I'm guessing that it'll be sometime in 2005 at this point, since the fall is already a little too stacked with big releases.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Thedigitalbits used to have a Young Indy cover up on it's Upcoming Cover Art page, with a TBA 2004 arrival date, but the art is no longer there. It was mentioned earlier this year as coming in 2004, but maybe it's not anymore.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Click here to see the 3 news stories I've written about YIJ. In the middle one, I address that Digital Bits had said "2004", but reminded everyone that Rick McCallum of LucasFilm had previously told everyone that the plans are for a 2005-2006 timeframe.

The most recent news item, at the top, goes into why it's taking so long: the very deep historical documentaries that will take this release and have it straddle the line between and entertainment item and an educational item.

So no, no word yet. If it makes you feel better, I check on it every blue moon to make sure there's no change of plans. I haven't been made aware of any so far.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Nope. Still possible for late this year, though. They may need to take until 2006 to get everything finished, I'm not sure. I keep an eye on this one constantly, though.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate

Glad to hear it. I'm looking forward to this set. Although I think it will need to be at least two volumes to include the 2-part movies that came after the show's regular run (and which were broadcast on USA Network, I believe).

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
According to the 'Bits today, George Lucas has confirmed that Young Indiana Jones is in the works for DVD release late this year or early next.

LCD22

Screenwriter

Not that I have heard. I've actually been thinking about "The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles" DVDs, so it's funny you brought this thread back up. However, The Raider.net has more on "Indiana Jones 4":

http://www.theraider.net

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I know they are trying to put together all of these extras. But, their really is no reason this should be taking so long. Not with the resources Lucas has at his disposal. Supposedly, the original delay was Ep.3. Well that was a year ago. :frowning:

Real Name
Germán Ramirez
Is this ever coming out??? Tempted to buy the VHS videos but don't want to if the DVD set is just around the corner but also don't want to risk the VHS videos becoming really rare in case the DVD set doesn't come out. Hmm...

Randy*S

Second Unit
Real Name
Randy
I thought I read on STARWARS.COM that it would not be ready until 2007 because they were doing documentaries for each episode, along with other extras.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
What I heard, (about 2 years ago), was that each episode was going to released individually, with all these historical documentaries and other educational bells and whistles. And I just said, to hell with your documentaries...I just want the damn episodes. I want one big set for the whole series; I don't feel like paying 20 bucks for each episode...I don't even want to think about that.

DavidofLondon

Stunt Coordinator
I get the distinct impression that Lucas hasn't got the foggiest idea what the fans of his material want. Otherwise why would he spend so much creating those abortions of the original Star Wars movies with edits to show Darth Vader was always Hayden Christiansen etc.

Now instead of releasing YIJ we're apparently waiting year after year so he can do hours of documentaries that will hardly be watched. After all historians have made hundreds of documentaries over the last few years covering almost every subject on Earth. So why waste space on the YIJ DVDs with another documentary. If he really wanted to do that why not just licence an already existing documentary and stick that on there.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Because he always envisioned Young Indiana Jones as an educational tool as much as an entertaining television series and the historical component is something he's passionate about?

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
I think I remember hearing that LucasFilms had a 2007 date set for its release for the DVD series but I imagine that they'll try and time the release with either the movie or the IJ 4 DVD release. I check the official site and they have nothing about the release as of it:

Check the official site for more updated infomration:

http://www.indianajones.com/young/ex...s20030920.html

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I recall reading from an interview with, I think, Rick McCallum, that the DVDs for the show would be out in 2007 and there would be 22 discs in all.

[edit] Yes, I was correct:
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=4266

Of course, now that Indy IV is probably off until 2008, who knows what that means for the DVDs.

WillLon

Agent
Real Name
Wil
>> Now instead of releasing YIJ we're apparently waiting year after year so >> he can do hours of documentaries that will hardly be watched. After all >> historians have made hundreds of documentaries over the last few years >> covering almost every subject on Earth.

ROTFLOL! This is how I feel about most extras on DVDs today.

I think the DVD content for these is prepared and/or completed but simply "shelved" until a marketing campaign for the Indy IV can get into full swing. [a reason to release the DVDs].

Many of the episodes themselves were produced and then shelved for a few years before a few were released on VHS and all were broadcast once on USA Network several years ago.

I watched the 22 movies in sequence about 3 years so I'm quite satisfied with having experienced the series. I'm not waiting for the DVDs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks