-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Young Indiana Jones-Any word?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
40 replies to this topic

#1 of 41 Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon

Screenwriter

• 2,071 posts

Posted July 12 2004 - 05:38 AM

I remember there was talk of releasing all of the Young Indy episodes at some point (I even remember hearing 2004) back when the movies were first announced. Has there been any more news on these discs? I'm guessing that it'll be sometime in 2005 at this point, since the fall is already a little too stacked with big releases.
XBox Live Gamertag:ChrisBardon

#2 of 41 Sam Favate

Sam Favate

Producer

• 4,771 posts

Posted July 12 2004 - 07:42 AM

Thedigitalbits used to have a Young Indy cover up on it's Upcoming Cover Art page, with a TBA 2004 arrival date, but the art is no longer there. It was mentioned earlier this year as coming in 2004, but maybe it's not anymore.

#3 of 41 Jay Pennington

Jay Pennington

Screenwriter

• 1,189 posts

Posted July 12 2004 - 07:44 AM

They still have it in their TBA section.
-Jay

#4 of 41 David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,386 posts

Posted July 13 2004 - 03:24 AM

Click here to see the 3 news stories I've written about YIJ. In the middle one, I address that Digital Bits had said "2004", but reminded everyone that Rick McCallum of LucasFilm had previously told everyone that the plans are for a 2005-2006 timeframe.

The most recent news item, at the top, goes into why it's taking so long: the very deep historical documentaries that will take this release and have it straddle the line between and entertainment item and an educational item.

So no, no word yet. If it makes you feel better, I check on it every blue moon to make sure there's no change of plans. I haven't been made aware of any so far.
DAVE/Memphis, TN

...Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#5 of 41 Jeff Swearingen

Jeff Swearingen

Second Unit

• 377 posts

Posted March 16 2005 - 10:59 PM

Checking back to see if anyone has heard any updates on Young Indy...

#6 of 41 David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,386 posts

Posted March 16 2005 - 11:18 PM

Nope. Still possible for late this year, though. They may need to take until 2006 to get everything finished, I'm not sure. I keep an eye on this one constantly, though.
DAVE/Memphis, TN

...Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#7 of 41 Sam Favate

Sam Favate

Producer

• 4,771 posts

Posted March 17 2005 - 12:21 AM

Quote:
I keep an eye on this one constantly, though.

Glad to hear it. I'm looking forward to this set. Although I think it will need to be at least two volumes to include the 2-part movies that came after the show's regular run (and which were broadcast on USA Network, I believe).

#8 of 41 Paul McElligott

Paul McElligott

Screenwriter

• 2,598 posts

Posted April 26 2005 - 10:30 AM

According to the 'Bits today, George Lucas has confirmed that Young Indiana Jones is in the works for DVD release late this year or early next.
R.I.P. DVDSpot

#9 of 41 MarcoAD

MarcoAD

Stunt Coordinator

• 96 posts

Posted March 08 2006 - 05:45 AM

Digging this up from the past but has there been any updates for the 06'???
Hitachi 50SV810 LCD/Onkyo SR803 Receiver/Toshiba HD-A1 HD-DVD Player/Infinity Primus 360 Towers, 160 rears & C25 Center/Velodyne DPS12 Subwoofer/Monster Power HTPS2600 Power Station and a Harmony 880
HD-DVD Supporter!

#10 of 41 ChrisCook

ChrisCook

Screenwriter

• 1,495 posts

Posted March 08 2006 - 06:23 AM

Quote:
Digging this up from the past but has there been any updates for the 06'???

Not that I have heard. I've actually been thinking about "The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles" DVDs, so it's funny you brought this thread back up. However, The Raider.net has more on "Indiana Jones 4":

http://www.theraider.net

#11 of 41 todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,876 posts

Posted March 08 2006 - 06:50 AM

I know they are trying to put together all of these extras. But, their really is no reason this should be taking so long. Not with the resources Lucas has at his disposal. Supposedly, the original delay was Ep.3. Well that was a year ago. Posted Image
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#12 of 41 oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx

Lead Actor

• 7,632 posts

Posted March 08 2006 - 08:45 AM

yes I want this on dvd

Posted Image
Toastmasters International

Communication is Everything

#13 of 41 German Ramirez

German Ramirez

Agent

• 26 posts

Posted June 25 2006 - 10:03 AM

Is this ever coming out??? Tempted to buy the VHS videos but don't want to if the DVD set is just around the corner but also don't want to risk the VHS videos becoming really rare in case the DVD set doesn't come out. Hmm...
"Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men? The Shadow knows!"

#14 of 41 Randy*S

Randy*S

Second Unit

• 280 posts

Posted June 25 2006 - 12:33 PM

I thought I read on STARWARS.COM that it would not be ready until 2007 because they were doing documentaries for each episode, along with other extras.
Disney please put Spider-Man And His Amazing Friends on DVD!!!!

I will NEVER buy ANY politically corrected/edited DVD!

#15 of 41 Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley

Producer

• 3,356 posts

Posted June 25 2006 - 06:08 PM

What I heard, (about 2 years ago), was that each episode was going to released individually, with all these historical documentaries and other educational bells and whistles. And I just said, to hell with your documentaries...I just want the damn episodes. I want one big set for the whole series; I don't feel like paying 20 bucks for each episode...I don't even want to think about that.

#16 of 41 DavidofLondon

DavidofLondon

Stunt Coordinator

• 97 posts

Posted June 27 2006 - 10:24 PM

I get the distinct impression that Lucas hasn't got the foggiest idea what the fans of his material want. Otherwise why would he spend so much creating those abortions of the original Star Wars movies with edits to show Darth Vader was always Hayden Christiansen etc.

Now instead of releasing YIJ we're apparently waiting year after year so he can do hours of documentaries that will hardly be watched. After all historians have made hundreds of documentaries over the last few years covering almost every subject on Earth. So why waste space on the YIJ DVDs with another documentary. If he really wanted to do that why not just licence an already existing documentary and stick that on there.

#17 of 41 Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver

Lead Actor

• 9,306 posts

Posted June 28 2006 - 01:37 AM

Because he always envisioned Young Indiana Jones as an educational tool as much as an entertaining television series and the historical component is something he's passionate about?
Jay's Movie Blog - A movie-viewing diary.
Transplanted Life: Sci-fi soap opera about a man placed in a new body, updated two or three times a week.
Trading Post Inn - Another gender-bending soap, with different collaborators writing different points of view.

"What? Since when was this an energy...

#18 of 41 Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge

Screenwriter

• 2,379 posts

Posted June 28 2006 - 04:20 AM

I think I remember hearing that LucasFilms had a 2007 date set for its release for the DVD series but I imagine that they'll try and time the release with either the movie or the IJ 4 DVD release. I check the official site and they have nothing about the release as of it:

Check the official site for more updated infomration:

http://www.indianajo....s20030920.html

#19 of 41 Sam Favate

Sam Favate

Producer

• 4,771 posts

Posted June 28 2006 - 07:12 AM

I recall reading from an interview with, I think, Rick McCallum, that the DVDs for the show would be out in 2007 and there would be 22 discs in all.

[edit] Yes, I was correct:
http://www.tvshowson...cfm?NewsID=4266

Of course, now that Indy IV is probably off until 2008, who knows what that means for the DVDs.

#20 of 41 WillLon

WillLon

Agent

• 36 posts

Posted June 28 2006 - 11:34 AM

>> Now instead of releasing YIJ we're apparently waiting year after year so >> he can do hours of documentaries that will hardly be watched. After all >> historians have made hundreds of documentaries over the last few years >> covering almost every subject on Earth.

ROTFLOL! This is how I feel about most extras on DVDs today.

I think the DVD content for these is prepared and/or completed but simply "shelved" until a marketing campaign for the Indy IV can get into full swing. [a reason to release the DVDs].

Many of the episodes themselves were produced and then shelved for a few years before a few were released on VHS and all were broadcast once on USA Network several years ago.

I watched the 22 movies in sequence about 3 years so I'm quite satisfied with having experienced the series. I'm not waiting for the DVDs.

Forum Nav Content I Follow