• 1,005 posts

Posted September 29 2011 - 10:29 AM

wild geese II with scott glenn.

#42 of 76 OFFLINE   WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,104 posts

Posted October 03 2011 - 11:50 AM

Sort of doing this the other way round (or the confusing way). Now if I had read about this film before I found out something on the BBFC website today, I would have suggested this for release on DVD. The BBFC added a new listing to their website today for a Jeff Daniels film called Chasing Sleep. As it was the first time it had been passed by the BBFC, my first thought was that it was a new film. After checking the IMDb it turns out it is a film from 2000. It's being released by Studio Canal and appears to be it's UK home format debut (wasn't passed for a cinema and VHS release, unless it was under an alternative title).

#43 of 76 OFFLINE   WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,104 posts

Posted October 11 2011 - 10:49 AM

Was interested in getting Violent Midnight (aka Psychomania) (1963) on DVD. Dark Sky Films released it back in 2006. Two reviews below:

Violent Midnight (Psychomania) - DVD Talk review

Violent Midnight (Psychomania) - DVD Savant review

Based on the aspect ratio comments/observations in the DVD Talk review, suggesting this for re-release on DVD.

#44 of 76 OFFLINE   WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,104 posts

Posted October 31 2011 - 05:04 AM

Is Gemini Affair (1975) stuck in rights limbo? The production company for the film was Matt Climber Productions and distributed (doesn't state where on the film's IMDb company credits page) by Moonstone Entertainment.

#45 of 76 OFFLINE   Louis Letizia

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor

• 819 posts

Posted October 31 2011 - 05:29 AM

Matt Cimber was indeed very invaluable to exploitation in the 70s/80s. The only 2 of his films to receive semilegit dvd releases were YELLOW HAIR...(thru Crown and BCI) and his most famous-BUTTERFLY. THE GEMINI AFFAIR had a brief vhs life-and I was absorbed in it. It deserves dvd exposure. Star Marta Kristen has another obscurity-1974's ONCE with Christopher Mitchum that has never seen the light of day outside a theater. When I had the absolute pleasure of Mr. Mitchum contacting me a few years back that he had won a Magnetic release of SUMMERTIME KILLER from me on Ebay (I gave it to him for nothing)-he inquired if I knew how he could get his hands on ONCE. I tried-but couldnt find it anywhere. If anyone has even seen this true obscurity-I'd be interested to know.

#46 of 76 OFFLINE   WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,104 posts

Posted November 07 2011 - 10:48 AM

Some more suggestions for slasher films to be released on DVD:

Next of Kin (1984)

The Playbird Murders (1978).

#47 of 76 OFFLINE   cineMANIAC

cineMANIAC

Screenwriter

• 1,907 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted November 08 2011 - 12:51 AM

Some more suggestions for slasher films to be released on DVD: Next of Kin (1984) The Playbird Murders (1978).

Hey, Richard, you don't, by any chance, happen to work as a "field tester" for some of these DVD labels, do you? Every time you suggest a title it seems to be announced shortly thereafter :D You know, Code Red, for instance, pays you to "suggest" a title to throw out there, see if there's any interest, drum up some excitement, etc. Can you suggest the granddaddy (IMO) of all slasher movies, THE MUTILATOR? See if anyone bites besides me.

#48 of 76 OFFLINE   WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,104 posts

Posted November 08 2011 - 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by elDomenechHTF 

Hey, Richard, you don't, by any chance, happen to work as a "field tester" for some of these DVD labels, do you? Every time you suggest a title it seems to be announced shortly thereafter Posted Image You know, Code Red, for instance, pays you to "suggest" a title to throw out there, see if there's any interest, drum up some excitement, etc. Can you suggest the granddaddy (IMO) of all slasher movies, THE MUTILATOR? See if anyone bites besides me.

Nope. Am a normal member of the public. If titles are announced, it's a simply a coincidence. Like that description though, "field tester". Am interested in films and suggest from time to time titles which I'd like to see re-released and released on DVD (and Blu-ray).

Would like to suggest The Mutilator (1985) for release on DVD.

#49 of 76 OFFLINE   kagemusha98

kagemusha98

Second Unit

• 267 posts

Posted November 08 2011 - 04:21 PM

Whatever happened to SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE with Angela Lansbury and Michael York? A pitch black comedy directed by Harold Prince.

#50 of 76 OFFLINE   walter o

walter o

Supporting Actor

• 847 posts

Posted November 08 2011 - 04:59 PM

Whatever happened to SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE with Angela Lansbury and Michael York? A pitch black comedy directed by Harold Prince.

Paramount should control that title, as it is a CBS film.

#51 of 76 OFFLINE   Louis Letizia

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor

• 819 posts

Posted November 09 2011 - 09:43 AM

SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE may also be , like DARKER THAN AMBER-a WB Archive release. DTA also was a Cinema Center film released through National General to theaters -as was SOMNETHING FOR EVERONE. SOMETHING is rarely seen but is a classic of its kind. A sort of DOWN AND OUT IN BEVERLY HILLS (itself a takeoff on BONDU). I hope WB hasthis-it will be easier to see than if Paramnount controlled it. Where is the rights splitting on Cinema Center/NGP? They have a very exploitable library.

#52 of 76 OFFLINE   WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,104 posts

Posted November 26 2011 - 04:29 AM

Some suggestions for release on DVD:

The Hang Up (1970)

La maison sous les arbres (aka The Deadly Trap and Death Scream) (1971) - stars Faye Dunaway, Frank Langella and Barbara Parkins).

#53 of 76 OFFLINE   Bob Cashill

Bob Cashill

Screenwriter

• 2,185 posts

Posted June 30 2013 - 06:37 PM

WHITE OF THE EYE looks to be coming from Arrow UK. Region B I'd imagine but perhaps plans are afoot in the US, too.

#54 of 76 OFFLINE   Jobla

Jobla

Supporting Actor

• 570 posts

Posted June 30 2013 - 08:46 PM

COME BACK TO THE FIVE AND DIME, JIMMY DEAN, JIMMY DEAN
SPLIT IMAGE
PRIVATE PARTS (1972, Blu-ray)
LIGHT FANTASTIC (1964)
THE INCIDENT
UNHOLY ROLLERS (maybe from Shout at the end of 2013)
A VIEW FROM THE BRIDGE (1957)
GIRLS TOWN (1959)
THIEF OF BAGHDAD (1961)
THE MINOTAUR (1960)

#55 of 76 OFFLINE   Robin9

Robin9

Screenwriter

• 1,842 posts

Posted July 01 2013 - 02:43 AM

The Great Man: supposedly a Citizen Kane type movie, looking at the life of a recently deceased celebrity hated by everyone who knew him but loved by people who had never met him! I've never seen this film and I want to!

The Hell With Heroes: this Universal film has been M. I. A. for decades. Rumour has it there is a copyright problem but that has never been confirmed. Come on, Universal: if you won't release the film, at least tell us why not!

The Sweet Ride: a forgotten film about beach bums in Sunny Cal starring Anthony Franciosa, Jacqueline Bisset and Michael Sarrazin, with a screenplay by Tom Mankiewicz. I have no idea why this film has disappeared. As Jacqueline Bisset's character loses her bikini top in the surf, I'd have thought that alone would have given the movie some commercial appeal.

Edited by Robin9, July 02 2013 - 01:14 AM.

#56 of 76 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,147 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted July 01 2013 - 08:54 PM

Blood Beach.

Btw many films listed in this topic have come to DVD and blurry.
Someone should do an update.
facebook.com/whotony

#57 of 76 OFFLINE   Richard V

Richard V

Screenwriter

• 1,542 posts

Posted July 02 2013 - 02:08 PM

When You Coming Back, Red Ryder?

See you at the pah-ty, Richter.

#58 of 76 OFFLINE   Eric Vedowski

Eric Vedowski

Second Unit

• 301 posts
  • LocationChicagoland

Posted July 03 2013 - 04:33 AM

The Great Man: supposedly a Citizen Kane type movie, looking at the life of a recently deceased celebrity hated by everyone who knew him but loved by people who had never met him! I've never seen this film and I want to!

The Hell With Heroes: this Universal film has been M. I. A. for decades. Rumour has it there is a copyright problem but that has never been confirmed. Come on, Universal: if you won't release the film, at least tell us why not!

The Sweet Ride: a forgotten film about beach bums in Sunny Cal starring Anthony Franciosa, Jacqueline Bisset and Michael Sarrazin, with a screenplay by Tom Mankiewicz. I have no idea why this film has disappeared. As Jacqueline Bisset's character loses her bikini top in the surf, I'd have thought that alone would have given the movie some commercial appeal.

"The Great Man" is about Arthur Godfrey. Allegedly.

#59 of 76 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,147 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted July 03 2013 - 04:47 AM

I never heard of A Great Man but sounds interesting. Isn't A Face In The Crowd also Godfrey?
facebook.com/whotony

#60 of 76 OFFLINE   Richard V

Richard V

Screenwriter

• 1,542 posts

Posted July 03 2013 - 06:59 AM

I never heard of A Great Man but sounds interesting. Isn't A Face In The Crowd also Godfrey?

From my understanding, yes.

See you at the pah-ty, Richter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users