What's new

Paradigm Studio 100 v.2 owners past & present: Upgrade plan? (1 Viewer)

Paul Gere

Second Unit
Well, as the post cites, where will you go next?

Studion Ref. v.3?
Paradigm Signature 8?
Some other brand?

here's my deal...
My room is dedicated to HT, with 85% HT and 15% critical 2 channel listening. I've enjoyed owning my Studio 100's (v.2) for a while now, but believe that improvements I've made upstream would be better realized if I upgraded my mains (and associated other HT speakers). Specifically, I think better/clearer mids and highs can be had with better detail resolution and soundstaging with my stuff (Anthem AVM-20 pre/pro, Parasound 250w x 2 and 220 x 5 amps).

Options...
1. Upgrade to v.3 100's. I'm told this brings better mids/highs.
Advantages: I could keep my current Studio ADPs for surrounds. I could upgrade to the CC-570 (I have studio CC) and improve the whole front soundstage.
Negatives: Much fuss for a small increment of improvement (IMO)

2. Upgrade to Signature 8's.
Advantages: Sound great, leapfrog v.3 100's.
Negatives: Big cash, would have to replace other Paradigm speakers in my 7.1 rig.

3. Change brands for whole system. I'm seriously considering B&W Nautilus 804's as the beginning of a total re-do.
Advantages: Delivers the sonic presence, separation and mids I'm craving for less cash than Paradigm Sigs.
Negatives: Total 7.1 Do-over with $$$ involved. I could sell off my whole system to help fund, but a real production to get done. Would probably have to move back to 5.1 for a while to afford the cost.

What are other Studio 100 owners thinking these days?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

BobRoulier

Second Unit
I sold my studio 100s,cc and adp surrounds for the my new sigs S2s and c3 center, with a good sub and profesionally calibrated I am very happy the sound is worth it and the finish is top notch;)

for me the it was the upgrade I was hoping for:emoji_thumbsup:

Bob

John Robert

Stunt Coordinator
I'm in the middle of a similar process upgrading an Infinity Intermezzo system. Good luck, but get ready for a rude awakening as to the value and difficulty selling your used speakers...

John

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John

Huh? Paradigms are one of the better selling used speakers I've seen. I've never had a problem selling any of mine, in fact most sold within a day or two.

You could just replace the front stage with Sigs and keep the Studio rears. Probably won't notice a huge difference with the rears, but you will have a vastly improved front stage. I agree that upgrading to the v3s is not worth the time.

Paul Gere

Second Unit
Thanks all!

First off, I agree with John, I've never had any trouble selling used Paradigm Studio speakers.

Second, I have ruled out an upgrade to v.3. To much fuss for a small increment of improvement.

For the price of the Sigs, the playing field opens dramatically, so we'll see how that goes...

Other thoughts?

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I agree with your second point of not upgrading to a V 3 from a V 2. In the Monitor series, I have been considering upgrading from the V 1 to V 3. It appears there is enough of difference from V 1 to V 3 to make a difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks