What's new

i need to make my truck quieter (1 Viewer)

Sathyan

Second Unit
I have a '89 Dodge Ram (pickup truck) with stock stereo. Right now it only has radio and tape. I would like to put in a CD receiver.

Which of these would you choose?
Blaupunkt Sacramento CD33
JVC KD-S5050
Blaupunkt Indianapolis CD34
Kenwood KDC-205
Pioneer DEH-1600
Panasonic CQ-C1110U
Blaupunkt Montreal CD34
Clarion DB245
Alpine CDM-9821
Sony CDX-R3000
(or others under $150)

I listen to Classical, Opera and Pop (Tori/Dido/McLachlan/Corrs/etc.) mostly. FM and CDR playback matters.

But before that...The cabin is quite noisy (engine and road noise), what can be done to make it quieter?

thanks
Sathyan

Stephen Matthew

Stunt Coordinator
check out a liquid deadener to kill the noise int he cab, it is cheap and very effective ... some sources are

Edead v3 www.edesignaudio.com

Spectrum www.secondskinaudio.com

both are highly effective and cheaper per foot than a mat.. if yours is a std cab, a single gallon will do 2 layers....

for rradios on the cheap, i reccommend the pioneer and panasonics highly... their budget lines are very very solid and extremely reliable. ive installed hundreds of all of those you mentioned, and none can match the reliability of the pioneer and panasonic

StephenHa

Second Unit
I use quiet cote from pe with great results, I love the panasonic head units I have one in each of my vehicles, and had one in my competition vehicle

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
I used a combination of RAAMatt and B-quiet L-comp/V-comp on my vehicle. The sound deadener works for panel vibrations but you'll want sound absorber (like L-comp) for the higher frequency noise.

As for the head unit, I'd choose either the Alpine, Kenwood, or Panasonic (depending on options and looks).

David.G

Stunt Coordinator
Pioneer. Pioneer usually has the highest or higher RMS ratings for their HUs so if you run your speakers off the HU it can make a difference. Plus its pretty solid design. As far as getting the interior quite, i'd suggestion the liquid deadner like Stephen mentioned. Both are good and cheaper than mats. Plus they can get into odd places. I'd put atleast 2 or 3 layers of deadning on the firewall though to keep the engine noise out...i'm sure its loud from that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks