What's new

New Outlaw LFM-1 and SVS PB2-ISD review (1 Viewer)

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
Having read the audioholics review, it is interesting. Both sound very similar on music, with the SVS going somewhat deeper, and the reviewer mentioning possibly the size of the cabinet having something to do with that...

Possibly ? That is pretty basic Physics...

For Scoring, he also said he used pricing as a weighting factor for each category. The tally, out of a possible 35, was the Outlaw got 32.5 and the SVS a 33.25...

Pricing... Outlaw ... $656 delivered, SVS $998 delivered...

Outcome of two Outlaws Vs. One PB2-ISD ? ... likely a draw... assuming co-location.

The Outlaw pair would be $1106 delivered.

Now... To the openly hostile Hsu Fans who accused me of bias, a hatchet job... etc... read both reviews (and Ed's too) ... I would love to get some comments.

Note - This is NOT a reflection of Hsu as a company. I love their products...

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
read both reviews (and Ed's too) ... I would love to get some comments.

Craig could I bother you to post a link to the review you speak of. It has been some time. If the link could direct me to the page where your assessment is boiled down that would be great also.

Thanks Craig

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
Steve - John Lepley did a link above... When you get onto the link, scroll down a bit, Low Roller posted the review as a summary ... And he did a great job, too.

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Nice of you to say Craig but I know differently. More good clean bass and I ought to be good to go for quit some time?

In reading over the review once again my eyes couldn't help gravitate to the section dealing with dual 25-31PC+'s as apposed to the PB2+. You definitely thought the PB2+ performed better if I am not mistaken? Very interesting. I have been doing some contemplating lately on what next? PB2-ULTRA maybe? I wound up pulling my third 25-31CS+ from my system and putting it in the den. I don't feel like I'm missing out with colocated dual in my leaky 2880 cf HT and still have the headroom I feel is warranted. It just seems as though three 25-31CS+'s are a little harder to manage than dual and are a little more (precise)?? Very close though.

So I wonder if the conclusion I came to would be in sink with yours considering? I also know that throwing 300 watts apiece to the dual and 450 watts to the single in my case can skew things also but in either format the performance is incredible.

Sorry for the deviation Curtis and nice Thread/post:emoji_thumbsup:

EDIT- You might be forty Curtis and a bit younger but imo your the more mature :D

CurtisSC

Screenwriter
No problem Steve. I do not mind OT stuff....I think it is all part of good discussion.

Edit- Thanks for the maturity comment. Some would argue with you though. :)

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
Steve... When I did the review, I had no idea that my 25-31 pc+ I owned at the time had original dB-12 drivers, and the PB2+ had the updated dB-12 drivers. Three subs, even co-located would be difficult... And two 25-31+ is really powerful. You seem happy with your system... I am not sure the Ultra will be a NEEDED change, but I will bet you would LOVE it...and then no worries about co-locating...

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
What it all boils down to in my case Craig, I think is that in all honesty. I just want to buy another sub. Maybe option one and option two is in order?

Anyway back to the review. All in all it was a fun read and done very well imo. Many of us can get quit leary of such reviews and try to read between the lines. It seemed (pretty) well done to me.

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
Steve... Option one being the PB2-Ultra ? I would say YES.. you will love that sub.

For the review. I thought the Audioholics review was extremely well done. They had more of a problem with the size of the SVS than We did here.

But the corresponding findings are remarkable... Between their findings and ours, in listening and measuring, the results we almost identical.

CurtisSC

Screenwriter

I have actually been in the same mode lately. I think I am holding out for a maple finshed VTF-3MK2. When I had the natural blond PB1+ here, it looked so good matched with the rest of the maple I had here. Plus, with my daughter practicing gymnastics in the livingroom, the downfiring driver will be better protected.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks