What's new

Superman Animated Season 1 DVD Set? (1 Viewer)

William-V

Stunt Coordinator
I thought I read a while ago that a 2 disc set was announced for the Animated Superman first season. Am I imagining things, or was it just a rumour?

Jim Harvey

Second Unit
WB did say that season sets are coming. WB is doing these shows under two banners. One for kids and one for fans/collecters. DC COMICS CLASSICS COLLECTION is for the collections, and DC KIDS COLLECTION is for the little ones. Here's some news links that may help:

-Bonus Material, Disc Count for Animated "Batman," "Superman," and "Superfriends" DVDs
http://forums.toonzone.net/showthread.php?t=106207

-More Superheroes Coming to DVD, Courtesy of WB, in 2004 and Beyond
http://forums.toonzone.net/showthread.php?t=106390

-WB Announces new "Justice League", "Superman" and "Batman" DVDs
http://forums.toonzone.net/showthread.php?t=115779

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate

In that sense, WB isn't treating these any differently from the Looney Tunes material, which saw several packagings last fall.

I look forward to S:TAS and B:TAS season sets.

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
The latest news is that WHV plans to release a second single-disc Superman: TAS DVD, this one entitled "A Little Piece of Home", comprised of four episodes from the series. The target release date is October 2004. Details are at www.supermanhomepage.com.

And THIS is what we have waited for? A single-disc release of just four episodes? I would much rather prefer a season box set instead.

Joshua Lane

Second Unit
Don't worry. Warner is also releasing another single-disc Batman volume, but that doesn't mean they're abandoning box sets. Once they tally up the sales totals for the Batman: TAS V.1 set, I imagine they'll announce a V.2 set and a Superman S1 set at the same time.

Sean.S

Stunt Coordinator
I'm patiently awaiting the official annoucement of the Superman box set. I'll buy the single-discs if I must, but I would love a box set with extras.

Jim Harvey

Second Unit
Thenext single discs consists of a Season One episode, two Season Two episodes, and a Season Three episode. Notice how they're not just continuing in episode order? Well, that's because a 13 episode Season one box set is on the way. WB confirmed it in an interview I did with them for Toon Zone back in March. They are coming.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
And if they continue to include movie tickets, I'm sold, hook, line and sinker.

Seriously, WB has a great deal of superhero properties they can start packaging up...all in incarnations of Superfriends, Superman, Batman, Justice League, Teen Titans to name a few...I'm not expecting all to be announced this year or next year. It's going to happen over time as long as WB feels the feedback and sales warrant them.

I haven't watched any of the Superfriends or Batman sets yet, but the only nit pick I can see is Superfriends disc 2 being a flipper instead of adding a third disc to the set. Not major, of course.

Rolando

Screenwriter
So maybe I missed some info. I know we got a Volume 1 of Batman TAS Season 1. What else was released as a season set? I know a Superman TAS seems to have been announced but what else? is the a Superfriends season 1? Justice League Season 1?

Thanks.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Count me in as also looking forward to an animated Superman boxset. I probably only saw about half the episodes in this series, but enjoyed all that I saw.

I bought the first two Batman:TAS releases and wished I waited for the season set, hopefully I won't make the same mistake with Supes.

Ric

Rolando

Screenwriter
so which series is Challenge of the Superfriends? is that the first superfriends cartoon? or some new over from 90's and later?

Rob T

Screenwriter
I'll probably get the single disc Superman: TAS just to hold me over till the season sets start coming.

I hope they realize how well Justice League, Teen Titans and Static Shock would sell in multi-disc sets soon. :)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Dave. Actually, the only way I was able to get the girls to watch. Was to show them the Batman animated episode "Girls Night Out". Which featured Batgirl & Supergirl. After watching that episode a dozen or so times I was able to slowly move them to other episodes. (as long as a female superhero was in it) :)

The screen is actually from the new Infocus 4805 projector. A great pj for a very low price.

Travis W.

Second Unit
Hey Todd, I'll trade you my 32 inch TV for your projector and the screen...hey, it's a good deal...in the Bizarro universe :D .

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Todd, my son really enjoyed Starcrossed - left, right, up, and down. There was one scene that cracked both of us up; it took five minutes for him to calm down. It was great!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks