What's new

It's Official! Third Cleveland Area and Ohio HTF Meet! Everyone Welcome! (1 Viewer)

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Hey all,

Once again, there's going to be a get-together to talk about our favorite hobby, enjoy some movie demos, listen to some music, play some games, eat, drink, whatever! The meet will be in the Cleveland area, but everyone is welcome to come.

Date: August 7th, 2004. This is a Saturday.

Place: George's House (PM for directions)

Time: Around 4:00-5:00 Start Until Whenever

Bring whatever you'd like. DVDs, music, equipment, etc.

For those who haven't participated, for games I have an X-Box, so if you want to demo a game from another system, please bring the system. I only have DVD-Audio capability, so if you'd like to hear some SACD, bring a player.

Right now, this is still tentative, but the owner of Audio Visions in Strongsville has shown an interest in coming to the meet. I'll post further details when I know for sure if he can make it. He mentioned bringing some product along.

****UPDATE****

He's in. Any particular stuff you'd like to see? I already asked him to bring a Martin Logan center channel so I could check out how it sounds with my Aeon's.
Please post to this thread if you are interested in coming!

Hope to see you soon,
George

LIST OF ATTENDEES
(not in any particular order)

George - Cleveland
Ferdinand - Cleveland,OH
Mike W - Strongsville, OH
Chris G - Old Brooklyn, OH
Mike - Auio/Visions
Jeff - Audio/Visions
Kip - Delaware, OH
Scott - Delaware, OH
Jim - N. Canton, OH
LaMarcus - Dayton, OH (probable)

Requested Equipment from Audio/Visions
Martin Logan center either Theater i or Cinema i
B & W LCR 600 center channel
Maybe new Denon DVD player?

Attendee equipment List
B&W Center channel - Ferdinand
Benq 6200 - Mike W
Benq 8700 - Scott
Bravo DVD player - Scott
If I am missing anyone or anything from these lists, please let me know.

Chris Grillo

Stunt Coordinator
George,

I will be there count me in! I know it will be a great time ! I am looking forward to meeting some of the other local guys. See you Augest 7th!!!

Ferdinand*T

Second Unit
Count me in as well! I can bring over the Denon 2900 if anyone would like to hear SACD. Can't wait!

On a side note it was nice hanging out at your place today George I had a great time. Sorry I couldn't stay later, I wish I could have. Chris it was nice to meet you and I'm glad you were able to stop by and listen to my theater and the B&W's. Thanks for the compliments.

Mike Wladyka

Supporting Actor
I am also in.

George, sorry i missed your call yesterday or the day before, not sure which it was. It should be really cool to have the audiovisions guy there. that would be sweet to meet him since i am looking at getting a new universal player. i think that i am going to wait for the new denon line that is coming out soon. word has it that they will be upscaling players, which would be sweet...

Chris Grillo

Stunt Coordinator
Ferdinand,

The pleasure was all mine. Bye the was your system sounds great! I was very impressed with your 602, 601 & the 600's Nice 7.1 sorry 7.0 setup I can't wait to hear your PC Ultra when it arrives :D ! I am still thinking that I many bring the twin PB2+ when I go to the meet! If the wife will let me take it( she loves it too LOL).

Mike,
I'm looking forward to meeting you! Do you have axioms? If so I have some on the way but would love a demo :D !

Talk to you all later!

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Chris,

Mike doesn't have Axioms, but there is a gentlemen by the name of Jack who does. He is known as Ajax in the Axiom forum. I'm sure you could work out a demo with him. I'm not positive what his name is here.:b

Ferdinand,

Let me know how that sub works out for you when you hook it up!

Geo

Ferdinand*T

Second Unit
I got it hooked up, sounds good now. Thanks again George. One question, The gain goes up to 12 and I put it to 6 but when I did the clip light came on a few times for a split second. So I turned it down to like 4 1/2 and it stopped. Is that normal or did I have it up to loud? Having it a 6 should be reasonable for the sub to handle. Any clue?

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Yeah, you don't want it to clip. It definitely won't be able to handle as much as the SVS, but it should be decent in your room until you get on your feet. Did you only hook up the left or right input?

Ferdinand*T

Second Unit
Both, I have a Monster Cable that goes from the receiver to the sub and it has two plugs that go into the sub.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
I dunno how I missed these-- you guys should have emailed me ;)

Too bad, I'll still be in LA utill the end of Aug...

I actually did a few NE Ohio meets back in 98- if you guys are interested in the email list of the people from the area that attended, drop me a line.

-V

Colin Goddard

Stunt Coordinator
Nice to see some folks here from Ohio! I live near the Ohio river by Beaver Creek State Park. I don't know as of now if I'll be able to make it. I'm working lots of overtime in Massilon on a school.

By the way, I belong to Cleveland Carpenters District Council and have a sister and her family living in North Olmstead. Your about 2 hours drive from me.

Cheers,
Colin

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Vince, YGM.

Colin,

Aw, come on, you should know that when you work overtime, most of that money goes to the government anyway! Come to the meet! :laugh: Seriously though, I know it's difficult to predict a schedule a month in advance so no problem. If you can make it, it should be a really good time. If not, that's ok too, there will be more meets. Thanks for checking in on the thread and keep us updated.

Everyone,

It is confirmed that one of the owners of Audio Visions will be coming to the meet as well as one of his guys. I spent a couple of hours the past 2 days just b.s.-ing with him and he's a pretty down to Earth guy. He loves the hobby as much as the rest of us. He said that he'll bring some equipment from his store for us to check out. Any requests? I'll see what he can do.

Ferdinand*T

Second Unit
George I will try leaving only one plugged in to see if it makes a difference. Keep you posted.

Well I have two requests. The first is to see if he is able to bring a B&W LCR600 center. Like I've told George and Chris I've read this was worth the extra money from an LCR60 and I've even read some say it was worth upgrading the LCR60 to a LCR600. So I would like to see if everyone could stop by my house(A block away.) to test it out with my B&W 600 Series 3 setup and hear your opinions on it. I may consider upgrading in the future if I hear a nice difference. I'm sure Chris would benefit from this as well.

Second would be a nice projector of some kind. An affordable one like $3000 not one of those $10000 ones. Something that I could afford once I start working since projection is what I will be upgrading to in the future.

Mike,

You think you could bring your benQ over for all of us to look at? It would be really cool if you could.

Mike Wladyka

Supporting Actor
yeah, i was going to ask if anyone wanted me to bring over the benq, so i will bring it since there has been a request.

as for requests for equipment, i don't really have any unless, those guys can get there hands on one of the new denon players:)

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Oh sure, Mike. Just when I am getting used to not seeing screendoor anymore!:laugh:

You shouldn't need a request, just bring your stuff over for everyone to check out. That's what the meet is for! A new Denon might be a possibility. I did mention it yesterday as a matter of fact.:)

I am interested in seeing how bright your projector is on my screen, since it a high gain screen. Some say that too bright an image isn't good, but I don't think I'll fall in that category. Unless we're talking about lumens in the many thousands, then I might change my mind. :D What do you think, my old "projector stand" will be good for your Benq? Do you want to take that home with you?

Chris, I haven't seen your PM yet as the Spot! is down yet again. :rolleyes:I'll check it out later.

Ferdinand,

Tuesdays are usually not good for me, sorry about that. Oh and I like the idea of a Ferdinand field trip. That may not be the only trip we make either. But, we'll have to wait on that idea until we know more of what is going on, on Meet Day.

Another thing about your center channel. You should bring it along so we can compare it with the other B & W and my JBL. I'm looking for something better than what I have, and when you talked about it, it occured to me that I never thought about using your speaker as a choice. We can still go to your place, so you are able to listen in your own environment!

Ok, guys, gotta go for now!
Geo

Ferdinand*T

Second Unit
No problem George just thought I'd ask. Yeah I can bring over the B&W center.

I'm pretty busy today anyways. Today I did alot of late spring cleaning which wasn't even planned. I just woke and decided to clean my ass off. One just to have a clean and organized house and two just incase everyone stops by my house for a demo for the meet. So far I thru away like 6 big bags of trash and that was only upstairs. I have yet to touch the basement which another project in itself. So the upstairs is now super clean and ready for visitors!

Mike Wladyka

Supporting Actor

haha, that's what you get for selling me an awesome sub even though i can't use it to its full potential in my apartment. damn you and your upgrades:)

that would be sweet if we could get one of the new denon players there. i was wondering too, how my pj would look with your high gain screen, i think i will bring sunglasses just in case.

Ferdinand, i just did some spring cleaning this past weekend as well.

Colin, hopefully we will see you there! too bad Vince can't make it...Chris i look forward to meeting you as well.

till later

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Ferdinand,

Any update on the sub using only one input? I know it won't compare to an SVS, but how does it sound in the meantime?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks